Another Art Request Thread

Luchibiome

Um, well you tried.

But

I really think you can do a lot better. I want you to do a lot better. It's a chance to improve your work.

First of all, what happened to your wonderful anime style of drawing?

The first three requests you did, the ones you did for waffles, Thunderclap and FortuneSnowman. They are all examples of that style.

Maybe it's because I provided a photo and not an anime style image. I didn't want you to change your style and try to draw to make it look realistic. I would have loved you to stick to what you're good at. Give him anime eyes, anime style hair with deliberate little spikes around the fringe. That sort of thing. By keeping the same expression I meant to have him still smiling, by same pose I meant a standing pose, no wild arms or anything like that. (I guess that is my fault for making the request sound like I wanted a redraw of the original image)

Second of all, it's way too overexposed. Is it because you wanted to hide that the facial details didn't come out very well? The eyes look like creepy little black dots and the smile is almost slasher worthy.

That all said I'd like to resubmit my request. I really think with a little more instruction that you can do a lot better. Of course you can ignore me if you like since you already did one, get to everyone else first before coming back to me.

Keep the reference image in mind but this time don't try to copy it. Just take note of the details and transfer them into your style.

Google the terms "anime boy" or something similar. Have a look at how other artists draw the face (since I just realized you've only drawn female characters) See how they draw the eyes, the mouth etc.

If you see an image you like pick it, use it as a reference. (That's what you did for waffles and Thunderclap right?) Then go from there.

So

-anime style, like the first requests you did.

- portrait style. (Head and shoulders, you don't have to draw the lower body)

- Open gray shirt over a red one. Like in the reference, you don't have to do the checkered pattern if you don't want to.

- Don't do any of that really long anime style hair that goes over the face. Just do some spikes or something that form a neat fringe.

- Be careful with the mouth, female characters can look good with full lips but male characters are usually drawn with just a black line for a mouth.

Again, I apologize for sounding like a jerk who knows what he's talking about. I understand you tried your best. I really think this was just a miscommunication, your art style is an anime style so draw in that and keep practicing.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CyberD

Thank you for the advice. No worries, you don't sound like a jerk at all. It's just the truth~ ^^' the over exposure you were right. I would love to try this again. You've been added to this list again, should be here on Monday. Sorry for the misunderstand

Guest Anonymous

It's a me!!! Emilio!

Long time since last time :) (maybe not THAT long...)

Anyway... I'm here on a special errand for Mika.

Mika wants a drawing of her human form this time.

"Hello again. You're drawing as wonderful as ever. It's as Emilio says. I'll give you some descriptions about the request... I would like it to be as similar to Amadeus drawing as possible while maintaining an animeish style if that would be okay with you :3 I'm blonde as human, I have no horns and I have white wings instead of pink... I basically look like a normal human being but with wings."

Picture as usual is in my sig (You want to take a look at Amadeus sketch if you haven't already) Hope that I'm not making way to many requests but it's just that your drawings are simply extraordinary beyond belief, as you've might've noticed from all of my previous expressions but words cannot describe. Take care.

"I wish i could just be there to hug you"

My tulpa and I absolutely love your style.

I request that you draw her, and here is a reference picture:

Preferably it would be different from said image, but you can do whatever you want, really.

You could draw her smiling, laughing, it isn't important. But if you decide to do it, thank you in advance, my friend.

image.jpg.d48ef5ef6194bd52f65198b5ff8f4049.jpg

Tulpa: Sierra

Forcing since July 2012

Couguhl’s Progress Report

Allison the Tulpa

Well, its done now ^^ I had a little extra time today so I finished it early.

Here you go- link

File sizes here a little small, so I'll be uploading everything to DA from now on.

RiserEmilioX

Good to here from you again ^-^ Sure, you've been added.

Friday the 28th is when it will be uploaded

Couguhi

Thank you~ I will have it here on Sunday March 3rd if not earlier.

Guest Anonymous

RiserEmilioX

Good to here from you again ^-^ Sure, you've been added.

Friday the 28th is when it will be uploaded

Cheers :) I may also do another request sometimes later that i would like to have finished untill march 9th (That's my birthday) So expect to hear from me again :)

O... my... God... ITS FRICKING AMAZINGGGGGV THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU SOOOOO9OOOOOO MUCH IM SMILING SO MUCH RIGHT NOW ITS AMAZING THANKYOU! OMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSH! I MUST WAKE UP ALLISON! [Meh. Its okay...]

You my friend... has made my day. I just can't stop looking at it, its so amazing

And Allison Dragon is soooooooooooo cyute! Like QB cute!

And that's how I ended up in this padded cell

PR

O... my... God... ITS FRICKING AMAZINGGGGGV THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU SOOOOO9OOOOOO MUCH IM SMILING SO MUCH RIGHT NOW ITS AMAZING T...[omitted]

Cr: Chloe acted like that when we went into food shop in italy :3

Ch: I didn't!

Chloe - That cheerful girl with ponytail.

Aigis - The male cyborg that looks like raiden in MGR.

Vixen - Half dragon female who looks like Mary in DMC3 when in human form.