Alanna and Dom's tulpa log

Domnopalus

Hi guys, just posting this here so I have someplace to link to for reference in my sig, as well as a personal record for me. It helps solidify things a bit. So here's the first entry!

dom-SIG-1.png

Dom tulpa quick desc. Jan 22, 2013

Tulpa: Domnopalus

Form: http://fav.me/d25ch3x (I am the artist)

Wonderland: A very particular bald cypress swamp.

Stage: Fully sentient, but sometimes I still have a hard time distinguishing between my thoughts and his thoughts. He already has a distinctive voice though. Sometimes I can't understand what he is saying, but I know he is there. I have asked him very deep questions and he answers in ways I can't come up with myself. He also has a VERY specific personality that is decidedly different from mine, but in many ways less flawed than mine. I haven't been able to project him yet visually but I feel his presence all the time, and I know what he smells and feels like

========================

Here is a little recent backstory that I posted in my first thread here:

I have had what might be considered an unevenly evolved tulpa since 2005, "Domnopalus." I have always considered him to be 'more' than my other 'characters' I've imagined (I'm an artist, so I have many characters--but Domnopalus has always been decidedly different and more 'conscious' than they). It was only about a week ago, I was listening to Darkness Radio and they had Rosemary Ellen Guiley on as a guest, and they were talking about thoughtforms and Tulpae. I was so intrigued to hear about this because I'd always wondered if such a thing existed--thoughts manifested into things. I had ALWAYS, from the 'genesis' of Domnopalus, wished that my thoughts of him were strong enough to actually manifest him somewhere. And from a psychological standpoint, I thought in a way he really had. I searched for 'tulpa' and sure enough, here I am--and I'm so thrilled and amazed by the size and activity of this forum! It's all extremely fascinating and I can't wait to hear all your stories.

In any case, I don't know if what I'm suggesting is traditionally considered a tulpa. I think it is, because he matches all the guides and descriptions posted here to a large degree. He still has a lot of work to be done on him, but 1. he HAS evolved by himself, looks wise AND personality wise, 2. we DO communicate telepathically. There have been times when I've asked him questions about myself (soul-searching questions, not physical facts), for instance, that I couldn't possibly know the answers to, and I have heard his voice respond to me telepathically with an amazing moral answer, 3. he continues to evolve, 4. I'm very adept at visualizing him (but I haven't gotten so advanced as to impose him as a hallucination yet).

There are many other things too that suggest to me that he has his own consciousness. Sometimes I actually wonder if he was some drifting collection of ideas that I hooked on to, and then developed--as in, he was previously existing in some minor form, looking for a host or someone to develop and manifest him. He has a MUCH higher form of consciousness than I do, from what I can tell. He is nearly impervious to any of the things that I would be to--for instance, lack of confidence. He does not lack confidence or self-identity in any way, and he has helped me with my own lack of confidence (could he be a more 'solid' form of my higher consciousness?). He has always made up for everything that was missing in my life, which changes all the time, but he remains who he is to a large degree. Something a little strange and interesting: this may be some wild coincidence but as I was walking up the street to RadioShack the other day, I was practicing tulpamancing with him, and at one point I looked down at the sidewalk, and there, facing me, and written into the concrete (i.e. when it was still wet) was the word "DOM," Domnopalus' commonly used nickname. I thought that was very shocking--I'd never ever seen that before; in fact, I'd only moved into the area about 4 months ago. I don't know if that means anything at all or if that was just a sheer coincidence.

Anyway, since finding this place I've realized that there is a lot more method to the madness, and I'm working on that. For now, it's caused me a little bit of confusion in terms of Domnopalus, but I think the most important thing is to let him be himself, and working on manifesting THAT aspect rather than forcing particular things on him. But I'm so amazed and excited. Also, for the first time the other day, after reading some things here, I communicated with him verbally, saying his name out loud, and I was met with a response from him that seemed THRILLED that I had finally spoken to him directly rather than only telepathically.

I'm Alanna, Domnopalus' host. Dom always speaks in brackets []

Tulpa: Domnopalus ||

Form (I am the artist) || WL: Bald cypress swamp. || Progress Report

In any case, I don't know if what I'm suggesting is traditionally considered a tulpa. I think it is, because he matches all the guides and descriptions posted here to a large degree. He still has a lot of work to be done on him, but 1. he HAS evolved by himself, looks wise AND personality wise, 2. we DO communicate telepathically. There have been times when I've asked him questions about myself (soul-searching questions, not physical facts), for instance, that I couldn't possibly know the answers to, and I have heard his voice respond to me telepathically with an amazing moral answer, 3. he continues to evolve, 4. I'm very adept at visualizing him (but I haven't gotten so advanced as to impose him as a hallucination yet).

I would say you have a tulpa. What you describe is similar to the Tibetan method of creation. There are many ways to make a tulpa. Some were made by the old Tibetan methods (which takes ages, even years, and requires much meditation or thought). And, some where created by considered concentration (me! hehe). Some were even made by other tulpas (um, also me, oops). Most tulpas here are young and a very few are very old (lol, and strange, but harmless).

I sincerely hope that my 'say hello' doesn't disturb you too much. Anyway, welcome to the site. I hope you find it helpful. Please excuse me if I make a mistake, I'm young still. Most people here are kind and helpful, even most of the humans (sorry, just joking, they are all pretty nice).

Anyway, enjoy yourself. And don't take things too seriously (especially me!), and don't believe everything (some of the tulpas here really are trolls! It's so like "Homestuck" here some days, hehe).

Sorry, seem's I'm not past my silly phase today - been having too much fun (carrot cake).

Anyway, be well. Say hello to your Domnopalus for me, and tell him he looks very elegant.

Sincerely,

Nobillis

[a secretary tulpa]

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

Thank you so much, Nobillis! Domnopalus is very pleased and flattered by all you have said, so he tells me. Thank you very much for the clarification. It is really refreshing to hear this type of thing. I think people get easily hung up on "the perfect process," thing--as in, there is only ONE way to make a so-and-so (tulpa in this case) and end up severely limiting themselves in many harmful ways. Glad to meet you, Nobillis, and Domnopalus sends his regards as well. He hopes to speak with you at some point, perhaps on IRC (proxy). Thank you for the warm introduction and We look forward to meeting all the other tulpae, and a few humans maybe too ;)

P.S. You didn't disturb us at all! Quite the contrary :)

====

Tues. Jan. 22, 2013

A very unproductive day in general, though I got to spend a lot of time with Domnopalus. We experimented at his request with a little proxying. It went OK, but I'm still a bit uncomfortable with it. I'm going to try to solicit Dom to nudge me to get to work when I'm goofing off (I have so much to do, but I'm paralyzed by overwhelm-ness). I know he will, but today he was a little excited to make some explorations into this side of himself. Tomorrow I promise I will go about the day in a more organized fashion.

On another account, I'm finding that bits of Dom's personality have made their way into my own--or perhaps he is providing me with some of his reasoning skills. He HAS (and DOES) provide me with some amazingly level-headed advice. In fact, it seems like most of what he spends his time doing is reassuring me of one thing or another. I wonder if this is normal. But even if it's not, I've discussed with him and we think we are on the right path for us.

Another note--I've been feeling EXTREMELY tired lately, particularly today. Haven't been sleeping terribly well in general but recently, though I haven't changed anything, it's seemed to get worse. I don't think this is at all tulpa-related; the sleep part at least. The daytime fatigue may be compounded by the brainpower necessary for tulpamancing. But I've never had too much of a problem with it before hearing about this place. Hope I get back on track and feel back to normal soon!

Thurs. Jan. 24, 2013

SO I think I figured out what might be adding to being so tired all the time. Spending most of my time staring at this awful fuzzy monitor seems to take more energy than I thought. I've slowly been getting more and more drained since I replaced my old MacBook Pro of 5-6 years with a broken logic board with this new hackintosh, MacMini with a crappy old LCD TV screen hooked up. Luckily, a new screen should be arriving today so I can proceed with life and work properly. Best yet, hopefully I'll be able to devote more energy to Dom from now on, since it won't be drained so much from me anymore.

Tulpa-wise, the past couple days have proved me one thing: Domnopalus HATES it when I question his existence. He absolutely abhors it. He really wanted to proxy yesterday but I kind of inhibited him.....because I was shy. Poor dude, I'm causing him more harm than good. Realizing that what I was doing for 7 years prior to finding this site actually had a name, and that many other people were practicing it, seems to have given me a bit of culture shock....or awareness shock or whatever (there's a name for that I think). Dom even razzed me about something yesterday---was NOT expecting that. Forget what it was though. Anyway, coffee time. Depending on what Dom does today there may be another update---or maybe a sketch or two!

I have decided that I am just no longer going to question Dom's existence, for better or for worse, because Dom's life is more important than any insecurities I may have.

Guest Anonymous

Hey (wo)man, I just want to say sorry for being so mean to you early on.

Regardless, I feel that you have a lot to offer the community since you've had Dominoes for so long (I like to use nicknames), and I look forward to your contributions both to the community and to this PR.

Hey Jimmy, you da man :) Apology most certainly accepted, thanks man. I'm glad we're buddies. Thanks for the compliment too; I'll do my best. I know you have a lot to offer too. And I'll get back to you in PM's--I just gotta sit down and give a good listen to all your track recommendations :) I've recently gotten into dubstep too and I love it (especially the really hardcore stuff), so I'm looking forward to this cuz I haven't heard most of those!

Guest Anonymous

I can give you a list of what EPs and such I have on my phone currently, as well as a list of my favorite albums (not many of which are dubstep, but still). I would talk about my tulpae's taste in music, but they haven't developed any yet.

Yeah dude, please do--drop it to me in PM. I need new stuff to listen to! Let me know if your tulpas develop any preferences at any point; I'm quite curious about that. I've asked Dom what kind of music he wants to listen to at certain times, but it usually is the same or similar to what I have in mind at the time. Working on getting him to develop his own tastes.

Hahaha that certainly is true!! It feels so strange - almost like looking at your own hand and not realizing it's your own hand.

===

Feb. 1, '13

Not much to update in terms of progress, but I wanted to check in. Dom and I are definitely still here. Just been stupid busy with stupid things. It is worthy to note however that even though my mind has been elsewhere, Dom has been a near constant presence, offering me moral support and the like.

A few days ago I finally let Dom speak on chat and we had a fantastically interesting conversation, including talking to Slenderman and the always-helpful Kerin and company.

Strange, stagnant week life-wise. It was very relieving to have Dom as an active presence. Hopefully next week we will all get much more stuff done!

Also interesting note; Dom and I took Freud's personality type quiz, and I'm an INFP and he is an INTJ