Octaviapus' Guide to Lucid Mode

Octaviapus[Caelex]

Question

This guide is intended to help with the creation of your Tulpas’ form, wonderland, and voice. It is suggested that you read the following guides before you read any further, as it will make the method, much easier.

http://tulpa.info/guides/how-to-read-guides.html

http://tulpa.info/guides/irish-creation-guide.html

http://tulpa.info/guides/irish-wonderland-guide.html

http://tulpa.info/guides/faqman-creation-guide.html

WHAT IS LUCID MODE?: Lucid Mode is a state of mind that can be entered at any time of day, and is very similar to a dream, but can be controlled in every aspect, if done right.The first few times it can be hard to stay awake, you could burn out, and fall asleep completely.

The concept of lucid mode it to make your mind as clear as possible and to be as relaxed as you can get.

Everyone has a favorite way of getting to a lucid state; the most simplistic is to be in a comfortable chair in a normal sitting position, with your hands in your lap. Close your eyes and try to empty your mind of any thoughts, that don’t apply to your Tulpa, or wonderland. I find that quiet calm music (with no vocals, or very few) can help ease into the mental state that is required.

YOU MAY POSSIBLY FALL ASLEEP DURING THIS PRACTICE, not because it’s boring, but because it is borderline sleeping, I would suggest setting a timer for 1 hour before each session, just in case you fall asleep, and also to never exceed a session length of one hour, as it can cause severe mental fatigue if you aren’t well versed in Lucid Mode.

ENTERING LUCID MODE: Once your mind is cleared you should begin to feel drowsy, now this is the hardest part of the entire process, staying awake. You need to keep your mind focused on your task, if your thoughts wander away from the task at hand, you will brick out (fall asleep). Learning the correct balance of how awake/asleep you are is crucial to getting into Lucid Mode, you need to be aware of your surroundings, and what you are doing, if you lose that, try to snap out of it, and take a break, and before starting again. Once you get into Lucid Mode you can begin to work on your Tulpa/Wonderland.

WONDERLANDS: If you don’t have a familiar wonderland, this should be your first step. Begin with the landscape, are you in a forest, desert, jungle or some other form of environment. Once you settle on one, Begin to craft the simple aspects of your wonderland (EX: waterfalls, buildings, trees, etc etc.) This can take anywhere from one session, to 10 depending on your level of focus, and how much of a photographic memory you have. Once you have a wonderland that you are satisfied with, move on to Tulpa construction.

TULPA FORM: To begin, Tulpa construction, clear your mind, just like you would, while creating your wonderland, and attempt to get into the same mindset. Start with a blank backdrop, either white or black, whenever suits your needs, and begin to sculpt and shape your Tulpas’ form to whatever seems pleasing. Start with a basic form, that you want your Tulpa to take (Ex: Pony, human, bird, cloud etc etc). Once you choose their form, begin working on details, such as eye/hair color, clothing, facial features, height, weight and so on. If your Tulpa can already speak, ask for their advice or opinions on the form, after all they are the ones who will inhabit it.

IMPOSING IN WONDERLAND: To proceed with imposition practice in Lucid Mode you need to have a functioning Wonderland, and a well built form, to begin, enter Lucid Mode, and bring up your wonderland, at this point you should be fairly familiar with its landscape/structure. Go to any place in the wonderland that is open, and comfortable to you, and settle your mind on it. Slowly call into mind your Tulpas form, and layer them onto the open ground as well as you can. Practice this until you can easily impose your Tulpa into wonderland, without too much work.

IMPOSING IRL (in our world): To impose IRL it is suggested that you have successfully imposed in wonderland at least once. Begin by memorizing the spot that you wish to impose your Tulpa onto, and then enter Lucid Mode. Once into Lucid Mode, Bring up the memory of the spot you wish to impose upon, as if it were your wonderland, and then layer your Tulpa onto it, in the same fashion that you did with imposing in wonderland. Once you can do this successfully do this, slowly work your way back to consciousness, if possible, and then focus on the spot you memorized. Now attempt to impose your Tulpa onto that spot, this may not work the first time, but practice imposing in memory, and in wonderland, will greatly improve your skills, at imposition.

HEARING YOUR TULPA: This was by far the hardest part for me personally, to achieve. You need to be able to easily enter Lucid Mode, and stay in it for at least 15 minutes without Bricking Out. This process may need to be repeated several times. First enter Lucid Mode, and keep your vision clear. Talk to your Tulpa, and ask a lot of questions, any kind of question will work, even something as simple as “Can you hear me?” is sufficient, just be sure to be patient. If you hear your Tulpa respond, then that is fantastic, but we don’t always hear them very easily. If you hear a thought, or voice that you think, MIGHT be your Tulpa, but aren’t sure if its just your own thoughts, IT IS DEFINATLY YOUR TULPA! This is one of the harder steps of Lucid Mode, and can be very frustrating, but have patients, and you shall succeed.

Music is my passion, my life, and my soul. It drives me to see the truth behind the shadow of this world, and to fight for the glory of knowledge. Music paves the road to understanding, and it is with my love for the harmonious sound, that I carry my life.

• Answers 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The first time took about 25 minutes to reach lucid mode, and i stayed like that for a solid 45, the first time.

Music is my passion, my life, and my soul. It drives me to see the truth behind the shadow of this world, and to fight for the glory of knowledge. Music paves the road to understanding, and it is with my love for the harmonious sound, that I carry my life.

I've tried this a couple of times now, so far unsuccessful, but I'll keep trying.

I have 2 questions though:

Is this somehow related to wild(wake induced lucid dream)?

Can I enter the lucid state whilst lying down in my bed, in sleeping position? (Yeah, I know it's a silly question, but it bothers me for some reason)

Thanks for your responses.

“Be what you would seem to be- or, if you'd like it put more simply- Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.”

Guest Lanpc

I've tried this a couple of times now, so far unsuccessful

You can't really be unsuccessful at this exercise. The only thing you need to do is get sufficiently relaxed and force as usual. The only difference is that on the border of sleep and wakefulness, concentrating and visualization is much easier. I'm really serious you can't be unsuccessful at this.

Is this somehow related to wild(wake induced lucid dream)?

Similar in process [but that's because all meditation is usually similar].This is WILD w/o WBTB + waiting for REM Atonia + slipping into a dream. You're not really gonna be slipping into a lucid dream [maybe nrem if you're incredible at dream forming], but just getting really relaxed and tulpaforcing.

Can I enter the lucid state whilst lying down in my bed, in sleeping position? (Yeah, I know it's a silly question, but it bothers me for some reason)

Not a silly question at all. Yes you can get into whatever position makes you most comfortable. The reason lying down is discouraged, however, is cause it's harder to stay awake while lying down.

If you have trouble getting relaxed you can use the reverse blinking + muscle twitch method. Reverse blinking is just keeping your eyes closed and opening them about every 5 secs, focusing on one thing, and then closing them again. Do this until your eyes feel heavy, and you feel like you could fall asleep at any time. Then start twitching your muscles in your legs [or wherever, just don't move them.] with every inhale. This tricks your mind into thinking that you're already asleep as twitching is something we do when we dream. Once you feel like you're sufficiently relaxed [intuition] just start tulpaforcing/Doing w/e. You might start getting nonsensical thoughts popping into your head, don't worry about it just focus on concentrating and not falling asleep. GL!

You can't really be unsuccessful at this exercise. The only thing you need to do is get sufficiently relaxed and force as usual. The only difference is that on the border of sleep and wakefulness, concentrating and visualization is much easier. I'm really serious you can't be unsuccessful at this.

I fell asleep. Bricked out. Started dreaming about pretty birdies and hellfire. Thus, I was unsuccessful.

Thanks for your response, though, it really helped me out. I'm definitely going to try blinking + muscle twitch method today.

Cheers.

“Be what you would seem to be- or, if you'd like it put more simply- Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.”

Guest Lanpc

I fell asleep. Bricked out. Started dreaming about pretty birdies and hellfire. Thus, I was unsuccessful.

Whoops forgot about that. It's funny cause the only time I ever fail the exact same thing happens. I wake up an hour later, look around and just say, "Fuck".

Yea, any position can be used with lucid mode, i dunno a lot about all that fancy shmancy talk up there, but all i can say, is that during this practice you should have an enhanced perception of your wonderland, and the 5 senses while there, the first few times it can be hard to stay awake, it does take some practice.

I'm confused about how to do this. Most of the guide was just reiterating the tulpamaking process found in other guides, with a smattering of mentions of Lucid Mode. The only instructions seemed to be this:

ENTERING LUCID MODE: Once your mind is cleared you should begin to feel drowsy, now this is the hardest part of the entire process, staying awake. You need to keep your mind focused on your task, if your thoughts wander away from the task at hand, you will brick out (fall asleep). Learning the correct balance of how awake/asleep you are is crucial to getting into Lucid Mode, you need to be aware of your surroundings, and what you are doing, if you lose that, try to snap out of it, and take a break, and before starting again. Once you get into Lucid Mode you can begin to work on your Tulpa/Wonderland.
And I don't see how this is any different than self-hypnosis, hypnogogia, or this guide's Perfect Visualization. Is there any difference? Are there more details on how to do this?

Sorry, but I can't see how this is that different from the perfect visualization guide either. I mean, even the author of the other guide realizes they're similar but somehow different, but I'm too ignorant to know what exactly is different. I guess this one mentions the voice more, but maybe the other guide could help with it too?

I think you would also need more about the, you know, actual thing this guide is about. It's a very small paragraph and the rest if just tuppermaking stuff, which is everywhere. I think the other guide is just better and easier for a person like me to understand and I'm not sure if this one would compliment it in any way, so I'm going to have to disapprove.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

TL;DR at the bottom (seeing how most of the critique I’m doing below is for grammar, spelling, and such)

Seeing how there are a few guide links that also have to be reviewed by GAT (surprised the hours count is still on the homepage), maybe those might have to be taken out by staff. When I used to read this guide, I literally thought it was someone informing people on how to do something in relation to lucid dreaming.

But it’s mostly just informing about going into the alpha state, or the state of mind presumed to be between wakefulness and sleep (which is why the guide made a disclaimer that one may fall asleep during this practice). You could achieve this state with binaural beats/isochronic tones, and pretty much any music that may help relax and achieve similar results; just saying that to show how this is a fairly generic concept, but that doesn’t make the submission bad or anything.

Here’s a few parts that might have to change/be worked on a bit better. I literally just copy pasted this to a Word document and found a few errors here and there. I’m not really one to do minor grammar and spelling nazi bypasses, but here goes:

if done right.The first few times it can be hard to stay awake' date=' you could burn out, and fall asleep completely.[/quote']

There should be a space between “right.The first few…”

imposition practice in Lucid Mode you need to have a functioning Wonderland' date=' and a well built form[/quote']

Well-built, though this change wouldn’t really affect the guide in general (it’s just a minor grammar mistake).

IMPOSING IRL (in our world): To impose IRL it is suggested that you have successfully imposed in wonderland at least once.

This section reminds me of a few guide submissions that could be used as a supplement to this:

http://community.tulpa.info/thread-imposition-imposition-via-photo%C2%B4s (this one needs approval at the time of this post though)

http://community.tulpa.info/thread-imposition-jd-s-guide-to-visual-imposition-image-heavy

As for your prerequisite, sounds like common logic, but I guess it's a useful reminder for newcomers every now and then that forget about that.

If you hear a thought' date=' or voice that you think, MIGHT be your Tulpa, but aren’t sure if its just your own thoughts, IT IS DEFINATLY YOUR TULPA![/quote']

Firstly, “It’s,” not “its” on the third break of commas in that sentence.

Secondly, this kind of seems like an impasse/deadlock logic. If you just stated a thought/voice/etc. may/might be one’s tulpa, it would make sense. But then you stated that if you aren’t sure either way, just go ahead and think it’s your tulpa. I’m all for people getting into the mannerisms of finding any way to increase their receptiveness towards the goal of a vocal tulpa, but assuming every single thought is your tulpa could be counterproductive.

This is excluding the fact that the host would combine some element of symbolism that reinforces in their minds of their tulpa as a whole before being suggestive to a whole mélange of voices/thoughts/etc. that may come about.

And...“DEFINITELY” I’m not sure if you were being passive-aggressive typing that, or maybe you were making this guide on the go. But either way, that’s just some of the minor aspects I wanted to address.

TL;DR/Quick-recap:

• This post right here addressed a pretty valid statement to one of your sections

• There’s a few grammar and spelling mistakes, but I addressed those in the quotes

• One could easily define the “lucid” mode as going into the alpha state that’s presumed to have one in a transient state between wakefulness and sleep. You could get in tuned with that “mode” through other methods as well, and I felt you kind of gave an introduction without a follow up. Most of the content in the guide is a mélange/combination of common methods and tips, so maybe other GAT members could pitch in to see if the similarities would affect voting this for approval/disapproval.

• That last part about saying the thoughts/voices may be your tulpa, but having assurance that it most definitely is your tulpa if they aren’t sure sounds counterproductive

Disapproved for the time being, though I could see this guide submission having massive potential if OP ever had any new revelations during the months of inactivity. EDIT: Seems with connection issues, some parts of my critique were cut off, but hopefully that's fixed now.

I disapprove. The guide isn't bad but I agree with the others in thinking that the 'Perfect Visualisation' guide addresses the same concept but better.