What is the forum's stance on killing tulpas?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

So, to those that don't know, a member of the forums has a tulpa that was created with a backstory, which is bad. The member put the tulpa into stasis, to keep it from injuring itself somehow.

The member came into #tulpa.info asking for help, and I advocated that the member let its make its own decisions, and by extension, killing it. I also discussed wiping the tulpa's memories and recreating that backstory (which got me devoiced, <3 u 2 Niichan), but that's beside the point. There is a rule in the IRC about "Bad advice":

*** Bad Advice ***

Do not purposefully give bad advice to people. This will result in a mute or ban depending on the severity of the incident.

But that is unclear, and its up to the moderator on duty at the time to define what is bad advice. Unless I'm blind, I couldn't find a rule regarding bad advice, or the definition of it (in regards to tulpism) in the rules section.

So, I come asking what the official stance on tulpa life is, at least in the case of a suicidal tulpa. Is tulpa life/existence considered sacred, and we should try to keep all tulpas alive, or should we advice killing/allowing suicide depending on the case?

PS: I'm not sure where this belongs, so I posted it to GD.

PPS: I feel the urge to say the masculine french word for "the" with an "l" attached at this moment, since Fede has been permabanned.

Editted for anonymity of the member/tulpa I'm talking about, since that duo seems to have some issues with them being discussed.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>Do not purposefully give bad advice to people

>purposefully

You weren't breaking the rules, good job, mods. At least follow your own rules for a change, huh?

I guess my stance is the same to them as to anyone else. Don't kill them if they don't want to be killed, let them kill themselves if they really think they can't deal with it anymore. Their life, not my choice to make for them, but if I can make their life not suck then hey, let's talk and see if we can figure shit out.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

I don't think the forum should be passing moral or ethical judgement given what we know about tulpas (more or less nothing). 'Bad advice' could be defined (this is purely my own speculation) as some of:

1) Counterproductive to the goal of creating and maintaining a vocal (and more) tulpa

2) Harmful to the host.

3) Reaching an unnecessary extreme

4) Intentionally misleading or confusing

Obviously, in the context of killing tulpas, point 3 applies, so long as there is clearly a preferable solution. Rather than saying that advising killing a tulpa itself is bad, perhaps it would be best to say that advising anything dramatic or extreme is discouraged where not necessary, with killing your tulpa taking the cake for 'extreme'.

I don't think the forum should be passing moral or ethical judgement given what we know about tulpas (more or less nothing). 'Bad advice' could be defined (this is purely my own speculation) as some of:

1) Counterproductive to the goal of creating and maintaining a vocal (and more) tulpa

2) Harmful to the host.

3) Reaching an unnecessary extreme

4) Intentionally misleading or confusing

Obviously, in the context of killing tulpas, point 3 applies, so long as there is clearly a preferable solution. Rather than saying that advising killing a tulpa itself is bad, perhaps it would be best to say that advising anything dramatic or extreme is discouraged where not necessary, with killing your tulpa taking the cake for 'extreme'.

I agree with most of this.

So, to those that don't know, fennecgirl has a tulpa that was created with a backstory, which is bad. She really put him into stasis, to keep him from injuring himself somehow.

She came into #tulpa.info asking for help, and I advocated that she him make his own decisions, and by extension, killing it. I also discussed wiping his memories and recreating that backstory (which got me devoiced, <3 u 2 Niichan), but that's beside the point. There is a rule in the IRC about "Bad advice":

Seeing as this topic was sparked by something involving one of my tulpae (and with no regard for anonymity, it seems), I'd like to add something here.

While I did put him into stasis as a last resort to prevent him from killing himself, there was more to it than simply that. While he was in stasis, my other tulpae and I shared all of our positive emotions with him to help him recover.

I woke him up this morning, after having kept him in stasis for three days, and he was feeling much better as a result. While he is still struggling with depression, he is recovering and seems to have improved significantly compared to before he was in stasis. He is no longer suicidal and is thankful that I revived him again after his most recent suicide attempt (which was the day before he was put in stasis, and he was planning on doing it again, prior to being put into stasis). He does consider himself lucky to be alive now, which he didn't before.

I still stand by my belief that the suggestion of simply letting him kill himself was bad advice, even if those who suggested it did not have bad intentions. We are both glad he is alive, which would not have been the case, had I taken that advice.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

If this is about tulpa suicide, everyone has the right to die, its cruel to suggest otherwise.

Involunatry disipation is pretty reprehensible in the minds of most of us, but its not like its something we can do anything about it, so we don't touch the isssue.

If this is about tulpa suicide, everyone has the right to die, its cruel to suggest otherwise.

"That's not true. Don't say that. Did I want my host to let me die and not revive me again? Yes, I did. But she didn't cave into the peer pressure from everyone who was encouraging her to.

I'm glad she didn't. I'm lucky to be alive, and I'm thankful she didn't let me die. Don't say she shouldn't have kept me alive, because I'm glad she did.

Also, fuck you, Jimmy. Don't use us as your pathetic example." -Link

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

I have the right to self determination so far as my life, so do you. Maybe your choice was worse than the one she forced on you, but it was rightfully yours to make. She still took your choice away from you. You can be the victim of your rights being violated and still prefer the results to the alternative.

"Suicide shouldn't even be an option in the first place. I was making the wrong choice, and she was stopping me. She wasn't 'violating my rights'; she was only doing what was best for me, even if it wasn't what I wanted at the time." -Link