What is the forum's stance on killing tulpas?

Guest Anonymous

Is tulpa life/existence considered sacred, and we should try to keep all tulpas alive, or should we advice killing/allowing suicide depending on the case?

I think a tulpa's life should be considered at least equal to a human life. I think killing a tulpa or tulpa suicide should never be advised, but the decision should be up to the host or the tulpa.

WTB: Rare Tulpas

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have the right to exist or not exist, its entirely optional until someone forces one of those states on you. She probably did do what's "best" in a utilitarian sort of way, but that doesn't mean she did what's right.

She only held you in stasis for a few days, I guess that's not too bad, provided she intended on allowing you self-determination eventually.

"She DID do what's right! I would be dead right now if it weren't for her. You may not think so, but I'm glad she let me live. I don't want to think about what would have happened otherwise...

And, just for your information, being in stasis helped. It helped a lot. That's what made me change my mind about this." -Link

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

Yeah, a few days to make you really think, probably a good idea... I'll give up that point, its almost always worth the temporary trade in freedom for that. Keeping a tulpa that doesn't want to exist indefinitely is another thing entirely, tantamount to torture.

Guest ThunderClap

"Also, fuck you, Jimmy. Don't use us as your pathetic example." -Link

That's not very nice.

-----

If a tulpa is their own conscience they should be allowed to make decisions on their own. I feel like this whole debate is more about what the host feels is the best thing to do, and not what the tulpa thinks.

Doesn't that go against the whole belief of "Don't restrict your tulpa's thoughts?"

"I just have one last thing to say. If this ever happens again and my host takes your 'advice', I hope you'll be happy, because you all seem to want me dead." -Link

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

If you die, who will save Hyrule?

Just kiddang. But srsly, "bad advice" would consist of something that is detrimental to the host or tulpa.

My opinions are all subject to change.

I want everyone to be able to have self-determination over their own existence. You living is absolutely my preference, but that's all secondary to what you want.

while i agree that it is a very subjective and opinionated subject, i think telling others to flat out kill themselves or "just let them die" should be frowned upon.

i think telling others to flat out kill themselves or "just let them die" should be frowned upon.

This. I had at least two or three people suggest that to me before I had the idea to put him in stasis. It's terrible advice.