TheoSon

TheoSon's Shot in the Dark

LOL It's just a mess over here, go somewhere else :P

----

I'm a little past six weeks in. I know I shouldn't be counting.

I'm starting this progress report over. Looking at what I put on here didn't help any, and it certainly won't help anyone else. In a sense, I'm starting over my tulpa creation process, though I emphasize that I am NOT starting a new tulpa. I love Nimbus, and the thought of ditching her like another failed idea is so vile to me; the mere idea only crosses my mind when typing that sentence. I've made no progress in this time, other than a few brief seconds during one session, in which I felt a sort of presence within my brain. No feelings felt, no words heard, no form seen. It's discouraging.

What has acted as a both a grim reminder of my own situation and fuel to keep going has been talking with people in chat about their tulpas. I honestly can't get enough, hearing about stories, adventures they've had, touching, bonding moments, that made it all worthwhile. I've heard the horror stories, but they just don't outweigh the positive ones.

A big thanks again to the people who commented, your help has not been forgotten. :)

2-26-13: I've gotten Wave and Nimbus' basic forms down, as well as their basic differences in personality. I'll let them do the rest of their deviations on their own, when they're ready. At this point, I just want to talk with them, give them life. From now on will be dedicated to that. :)

ttyl

Theo, Nimbus and Wave

Guest Anonymous

I'll be learning a bit of C and C++ today with a few friends, in an attempt to begin making our own indie video games. I can't imagine it'll be the most interesting topic, so I'm going to have to come up with different ways to tell Nimbus, "I don't understand what that man just said. That was all a bunch of nonsense. Umm....brackets, semicolons, HELLO WORLD!!!!...Didn't work..."

Have you read Glitch's guide to servitor creation?? In the 3rd paragraph it talks about C++ and how you can use it to create servitors. Something you might find interesting.

Found this cosplay, might help.

A set of of what Nimbus's form base looks in situations. Plus this on the side

Go ahead and buy it if you want, but the prices I've seen are all above 50 dollars.

. Hope that helps, since the character Nimbus is visually based off is in that game.

Btw, if any of you have any suggestions for working on Nimbus, we are completely open to them. Nothing has really worked so far, so suggestions and opinions are absolutely welcome.

Suggestions pertaining to what?

Btw, if any of you have any suggestions for working on Nimbus, we are completely open to them. Nothing has really worked so far, so suggestions and opinions are absolutely welcome.

I'll play the devil's advocate and pass on the legacy of the late Fede-Lasse.

Infamous tones ahead

These isochronic/binaural tones are said to help with various aspects of forcing. The thread itself does a good job explaining what these tones are and do for you, or better yet, what they might do for you.

He also wrote up a guide that you may be able to dredge up from the "guides" subforum.

LucidAcid also has a guide that helped me greatly when it came to forcing.

Meditative forcing

There's also the links section which has some interesting things that might aid in your forcing.

Also, I love Tales of Graces! It'd be cool to have Pascal-like tulpa.

Anyway, give them a read, download some tones, try out some new things and hopefully they work for you. Good luck!

Hey there, TheoSon!

I just read your report thus far, and I think I have a theory that might help you, based on my own experiences.

I've been forcing now for a week, according to my calendar, and I have already been amazed by my progress with my Tulpa, Maple. However, I've been having a hard time appreciating my progress, because of my own paranoia about puppeting. Well... today, someone gave me a bit of advice which has totally changed the way I think about creating a Tulpa, and I realized that my biggest obstacle is that I have been over-thinking things. I think you might be doing the same thing.

Fear and doubt are Tulpa poison. You fear how your technique might negatively effect your tulpa, and as a result, you set limitations on yourself during your forcing sessions. Similarily, when you doubt yourself, you also doubt your Tulpa, which makes it harder to recognize the signs for what they are. My advice is to try and cast off your fear and doubt, and focus on love. If your tulpa does something... even if you're pretty sure it was your doing, rather then lamenting about how you puppeted her, try congratulating her, instead. In this way, you reinforce your belief in your tulpa, and in turn, strengthen her resolve.

Today, I also found a small litany about casting out doubt in a thread by the moderator Niichan. It's in my signature, but I'll include it here as well, because it actually helped me a lot.

Litany Against Doubt

I must not doubt.

Doubt is the bond-breaker.

Doubt our poison

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Where the doubt has gone there will be nothing.

And where it has gone I will let love remain.

Only we will remain.

I know my ramblings can be hard to follow, but I hope this can help you overcome your fear and doubt.

Litany Against Doubt

I must not doubt.

Doubt is the bond-breaker.

Doubt our poison

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Where the doubt has gone there will be nothing.

And where it has gone I will let love remain.

Only we will remain.

~Niichan, Moderator

After a rough hour of active/passing forcing today, I've gotten only a little sorted out, but it's progress.

Wave is a 6 foot tall, black haired, muscular surfer guy. He wears a white semi-loose tank top and blue basketball/swim shorts. He walks around barefoot, 'cause he's chill like that. His hair is a bit of a bedhead, which is adorable. His muscles aren't super-defined, but they're fairly big. He has very kind eyes, though I haven't decided on a color yet.

In contrast, Nimbus is a 5'9"(?), unnaturally red-haired, toned girl. She wears a yellow tank top with spaghetti straps, and it only comes down to a 1/3 way down her stomach. She wears yellow gym short shorts, and thigh-high yellow socks, with yellow-orange outlined stars all over them. No shoes. Her hair comes down to her jaw/neck, and is only a slight mess. Her eyes are a deep blue.

Personalities are still being worked on, but I now know that creating Wave was a good idea. What I was trying to create at first was way too much for one person. As soon as I created Wave, I had a general idea of what he'd be like, and I immediately started seeing Nimbus more clearly as a living being (in terms of personality we've created) as well.

I'll update later on, but thought I'd let you know I'm feeling better about this time. :)

ttyl

Theo, Nimbus, and Wave