Litany Against Doubt

Guest Anonymous

Are you sure this is so well-advised? Seems to me like you're just making a big deal about it, when it's needless. Surely repeating "doubt", "doubt", "doubt" to yourself isn't the best strategy?

Instead of just repeating "Oh god doubt is fucking scary and it'll kill my tulpa", why don't you advise people that doubt isn't a big deal?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure this is so well-advised? Seems to me like you're just making a big deal about it, when it's needless. Surely repeating "doubt", "doubt", "doubt" to yourself isn't the best strategy?

Instead of just repeating "Oh god doubt is fucking scary and it'll kill my tulpa", why don't you advise people that doubt isn't a big deal?

my thoughts exactly

Guest Anonymous

my thoughts exactly

It's what works for me

Guest EnnervateIndustries

Repeating it could also trivialize it. Anyway, it's however you interpret it, so if you think it will, it will, whatever you think.

Maybe reword it to say believe instead of doubt. Like "I must not doubt" into "I must believe."

I don't think repeating a poem about doubt is honestly going to accomplish anything except making the tulpamancer worry about doubting more, which can be another setback. I agree with what you're trying to do, I just don't think this is the most effective way to do it.

For me personally I don't even have to try not to doubt it just comes to me as the obvious thing to do naturally, people just need to learn how to maintain blind faith more effectively. A better way to get them not to doubt would be to explain the clear reasoning behind it, such as the fact that doubting is counter productive when you are trying to convince your brain that something imaginative is reality.

I don't think repeating a poem about doubt is honestly going to accomplish anything except making the tulpamancer worry about doubting more, which can be another setback. I agree with what you're trying to do, I just don't think this is the most effective way to do it.

Exactly what I was thinking.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

"I'm going to go ahead and agree. There is a good point in repeating affirmations, they can do a lot of good. But generally you want to focus on the positive, not the negative. Give your mind instruction on what to do rather than what not to do.

Of course, this may work for Niichan, and that's good. But I would expect an affirmation that the tulpa is sentient and independent might be more effective for most. In most cases it might not be necessary, but I could see the use in affirmations."

-Jaden

Your mind focuses on negatives 4x more than on positives (The workings of the mind, Mr Tru Fax)

So if you keep repeating to yourself over and over about doubt, then that makes it even worse.

A simple rewording would fix this however, as everyone else has already stated but i just felt liek sayin it 2 becus y nt

frt

• 2 weeks later...

Why not tell yourself you believe..You know you believe, because you believed enough to put a bunch of time and energy into creating your tulpa..You believe enough to come here and talk to other people who have created tulpas..You believe enough to make this thread to remind yourself why you believe. If you did not believe, you wouldn't have gone to all this effort.