A word to the wise tulpa art-borrower

Domnopalus

Been awhile since I've been on the forums, but figure I'd go ahead and post here. For those who feel like it would be a pain to locate the original artist of things they use, there are several dandy websites that can easily help you out with that!

SauceNAO is my preferred one, it even has an extension for Firefox and Chrome if you need to use it often!

Google Images has a handy drag-and-drop feature that allows you to search for similar images and even use keywords to help you find the source! They even have an option to search for the oldest one available, so its pretty handy

TinEye is another, but it's not as reliable and I usually only use it if SauceNAO or Google Images doesn't work

There is also IQDB and ASCII2D which both give you places to paste URLS to search.

These tools are really easy to use, and as someone who's art gets stolen and claimed by others often, it really does mean a lot to us when people source their art! Just because you're not claiming that you made it doesn't mean others will think you didn't! Please remember that and thank you~

Tulpa: Xaine

Form: Humanoid Male

But Tulpa are sentient, whereas your right hand...isn't.

• 1 month later...

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but I just want to mention one thing. I come from the 'art' armpit of the internet, and I know artists get very upset if what I'm about to say is not observed:

If you find or borrow art, for instance, to show your Tulpa's form, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be sure to credit the original artist, if you didn't make it yourself. All it takes is a quick one liner somewhere in your post or on your profile: "Original art by so-and-so." and if they have a DA or website, it would be even awesomer to link to it.

Really, it's appreciated if you don't use any art that isn't your own or that belongs to you, but I understand the want to show your Tulpa's form and inspiration. The BEST thing to do, especially if you can't draw it yourself, would be to find an artist you like and commission them to make you a drawing of your Tulpa. Believe me, this kind of artwork is VERY reasonably priced (you can get a 'character portrait' for around $20-$40, sometimes less, on DeviantART). The other alternative is to find people who are doing the occasional free request. This is harder to find though. But PLEASE, support artists in some way--either by being respectful of their work, or commissioning them--if you need to use artwork to portray your Tulpa.

Thanks everyone <3

P.S., if you need recommendations of people to commission, let me know and I will list some I find for you.

Thank you so much for the idea, Domnopalus! Yes! This is exactly what I'll do. <3

My Tulpa

Name - Julian

Form - Moon Elf

Sentience - Beginner stage

Personality - Calm, Enlightened, Intellectual, Observant, etc

• 2 years later...

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but I just want to mention one thing.  I come from the 'art' armpit of the internet, and I know artists get very upset if what I'm about to say is not observed:

If you find or borrow art, for instance, to show your Tulpa's form, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be sure to credit the original artist, if you didn't make it yourself.  All it takes is a quick one liner somewhere in your post or on your profile: "Original art by so-and-so." and if they have a DA or website, it would be even awesomer to link to it.

Really, it's appreciated if you don't use any art that isn't your own or that belongs to you, but I understand the want to show your Tulpa's form and inspiration.  The BEST thing to do, especially if you can't draw it yourself, would be to find an artist you like and commission them to make you a drawing of your Tulpa.  Believe me, this kind of artwork is VERY reasonably priced (you can get a 'character portrait' for around $20-$40, sometimes less, on DeviantART).  The other alternative is to find people who are doing the occasional free request.  This is harder to find though.  But PLEASE, support artists in some way--either by being respectful of their work, or commissioning them--if you need to use artwork to portray your Tulpa.

Thanks everyone <3

P.S., if you need recommendations of people to commission, let me know and I will list some I find for you.

I'm willing to take requests for art! I'm contactable at http://quota-and-company.tumblr.com

• 2 years later...

I have a friend that drew my tulpa but doesnt really want his name showing on this site or doesn't want to be credited and he wants to be anonymous.Is it okay to not credit as long as the owner agrees ?

Tupla: Clicker the dragon, H, and twisted 

Clicker: im a silly playful girl that loves songs but i will try my best to not annoyed my host (Dragon wolf)

H: .....im a gray dragon with blue horns i guess?...i like nature...? (Gray small dragon)

@Thread

You can always request the source if someone (like us) doesn't cite it. Nearly all of our art comes from Danbooru, which in the past had NSFW ads, so we don't tend to link sources. If you want a source I recommend you either ask us or use the sites listed at the top of the page (which should nearly always work, though rarely we will crop an image before posting it).

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/2/2020 at 7:11 AM, hollyleggy said:

Something that sound odd but it works but furry artist are much cheaper then the pros and there is many of them. even if most do furry you can still find a ton of them who can draw human art as well. prices vary tons but there is twitter accounts for it too. https://twitter.com/furrycommission

This is only accurate to a certain extent. Furry artists deal with the same problem DA artists dealt with years ago where they don't tend to price their commissions at what they're worth. 

Though if you want a base design for something, then definitely find a cool artist to go with and when you want to spoil yourself or tulpa, then 100% go to one of the more expensive options out there. There's some crazy skill out there on places like FurAffinity, Twitter and anywhere else you go for your art needs.

Just trying to find a comfy spot here. My ArtStation for those curious.