Using SecondLife (or other video games) avatars as a body for your Tulpa

Domnopalus

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has tried this--I've been doing it for some time, even before finding this forum.

I know some people's tulpae come from video games, or have evolved out of video games to some degree, but I wonder, has anyone ever used SecondLife, for instance (there's a lot of freedom of form plus a lot of interaction) to make an avatar that can serve as a body for your tulpa? Then, whenever you sign in under their name, you are essentially proxying your tulpa into the avatar (or your tulpa is possessing you).

I find this can be an amazing way to strengthen your tulpa. I've experienced everything from consistent sentience to deviations, etc. My tulpa even gives advice to others on his own that I'd never have the level-headedness that he does to pull off. I find it works best if the people your tulpa interacts with don't even realize that they are speaking to a tulpa--simply because it is a whole personality that stands alone.

If people haven't done it yet, I recommend it as something cool to try. It helps with visualization, though of course you still have to realize that the avatar has significant differences in realism to your actual tulpa. But Dom finds this avatar/body to be very suitable in cyberspace (I modified an existing horse avatar for him--made a UV map/texture and modifies various parts like the head, etc.). Dom has gone through many SecondLife evolutions as well, as the graphics technology on there improves. We've always understood it to be a stand-in for his actual self, of course, but it has the capacity to bring the experience up one more interesting notch.

I know this isn't for everyone, but if any of your tulpae do try this, be sure to add "Domnopalus Looming" as a friend!

dom-SL_001_zpsca663968.png

I'm Alanna, Domnopalus' host. Dom always speaks in brackets []

Tulpa: Domnopalus ||

Form (I am the artist) || WL: Bald cypress swamp. || Progress Report

QB does have his own accounts in a couple online games. He once tried SL but we couldn't find any free quadruped avatars, only humanoid ones. Also, that game lags like a bitch.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

Same issue as QB, actually. Though I do tend to name male characters after Jaden and female ones after Giselle.

Also, in guild wars 2 my dog's name is Jaden. I do what I can. Jaden tends to play some games like pokemon and minecraft. Giselle had her turn at minecraft as well, but they only want to play it on peaceful, heh.

Guest Anonymous

I know some people's tulpae come from video games, or have evolved out of video games to some degree, but I wonder, has anyone ever used SecondLife, for instance (there's a lot of freedom of form plus a lot of interaction) to make an avatar that can serve as a body for your tulpa? Then, whenever you sign in under their name, you are essentially proxying your tulpa into the avatar (or your tulpa is possessing you).

Hence, we have the IRC. More accessible to people.

I find this can be an amazing way to strengthen your tulpa.

How so?

I've experienced everything from consistent sentience to deviations, etc.

I assume that you're referring to your tulpa's mind eye form, and not the SL form, since deviations aren't really possible in SL on the fly, if I'm correct.

My tulpa even gives advice to others on his own that I'd never have the level-headedness that he does to pull off.

Most do. Not really sure how that is related to SL though.

I find it works best if the people your tulpa interacts with don't even realize that they are speaking to a tulpa--simply because it is a whole personality that stands alone.

I find this interesting, since there is a whole dimension of conversational topics they are missing out on.

If people haven't done it yet, I recommend it as something cool to try. It helps with visualization, though of course you still have to realize that the avatar has significant differences in realism to your actual tulpa.

I personally am content with simply looking at the occasional image, because when you have a concrete, solid, immovable idea of what you want your tulpa to look like, that you are constantly going to stick to that form and ONLY that form, which restricts freedoms. Hence, I leave my tulpas up to their own appearances, as they can change. And they have.

But Dom finds this avatar/body to be very suitable in cyberspace (I modified an existing horse avatar for him--made a UV map/texture and modifies various parts like the head, etc.). Dom has gone through many SecondLife evolutions as well, as the graphics technology on there improves. We've always understood it to be a stand-in for his actual self, of course, but it has the capacity to bring the experience up one more interesting notch.

I do agree that it does bring it to a new level, but I have a really big issue with this idea, see below.

I know this isn't for everyone, but if any of your tulpae do try this, be sure to add "Domnopalus Looming" as a friend!

Lets look at Second Life from another perspective: Lets say I'm a guy in situation where I don't have a lot of money to make it rain very often, since there is no water in the reservoir (AKA, I'm poor). I see this thread, and I want to give dear Dashie the opportunity to interact with people. But since I have a whole lot of empty in my wallet, I can't purchase many of the things she wants to buy. That's because 2nd Life is all about that #cashmoneyswag.

Hence, we have the IRC. More accessible to people.

Ever heard of 'alternatives'? Or, 'suggestion,' or, God forbid, 'just for fun?'

How so?

See this:

It helps with visualization

Also see what I wrote directly after quote you questioned here.

I assume that you're referring to your tulpa's mind eye form, and not the SL form, since deviations aren't really possible in SL on the fly, if I'm correct.

I'm referring to outward behavior through proxying. Enhanced by having a visual in front of you that moves.

Most do. Not really sure how that is related to SL though.

I was saying that it was interesting that this could still occur in this kind of environment. Duh.

I find this interesting, since there is a whole dimension of conversational topics they are missing out on.

Do you talk to people about being human?

I personally am content with simply looking at the occasional image, because when you have a concrete, solid, immovable idea of what you want your tulpa to look like, that you are constantly going to stick to that form and ONLY that form, which restricts freedoms. Hence, I leave my tulpas up to their own appearances, as they can change. And they have.

Good for you.

I do agree that it does bring it to a new level, but I have a really big issue with this idea, see below.

Lets look at Second Life from another perspective: Lets say I'm a guy in situation where I don't have a lot of money to make it rain very often, since there is no water in the reservoir (AKA, I'm poor). I see this thread, and I want to give dear Dashie the opportunity to interact with people. But since I have a whole lot of empty in my wallet, I can't purchase many of the things she wants to buy. That's because 2nd Life is all about that #cashmoneyswag.

Guess what? I guess when I said "this isn't for everyone," that applied to you too. So I don't even know why you bothered to post anything about this.

Also, guess what? I'm poor too. My boyfriend pays child support for 2 kids and I don't have a full time job. But also guess what--this avatar cost me a total of $10. No more, no less. If you or anyone else doesn't want to try this, I really don't give a rat's ass. It was just a suggestion that I thought might be fun for some people who were interested.

I'm done arguing with you, Jimmy. It is obvious to me that you are just dying to make any kind of trouble you can for attention, on EVERY thread I post in. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, and I respect that, but you certainly put a lot of effort into finding any way you can to be self-righteous. I'll speak to you again when you decide to say something that isn't intentionally antagonistic. Thanks for your input! Have a nice day!

NOW, QB and TulpaCouple -

TulpaCouple, Me too; I tend to use Dom's name rather habitually online. It's nice to do this, if even a bit uncomfortable at times, because as a whole it just broadens the experience and brings the tulpa more to the forefront of your mind I think, in general. If you have any ideas or recommendations about how to further implicate them, let me know!

QB, Have you had any more success with any other online games? I'd be very interested to try, especially with any of my tulpa-mancing friends! We've tried a few things but have found them to be unfortunately more limiting than we would like. How about other game-type forums, like Gaia Online for instance?

I'm Alanna, Domnopalus' host. Dom always speaks in brackets []

Tulpa: Domnopalus ||

Form (I am the artist) || WL: Bald cypress swamp. || Progress Report

Guest Anonymous

The IRC channels we have are accessible by many different clients, on almost any operating system or hardware. There isn't so much variation in the SL Viewers. SL is an alternative, but not one populated by many of us (I speculate).

When you are open about being/having a tulpa, then many different kinds of conversations can arise. We don't talk about being human because it is who we are, and we don't really talk about that much in day to day, regular conversation.

As for your response to QBQB:

http://tulpa.info/forums/Thread-ITT-Things-to-do-with-your-tulpa-after-you-re-done-forcing-them?highlight=whatislesearchbutton?

It sounds like a good enough idea, so long as you are not binding your tulpa to the avatar in some way. Second Life will not exist forever, your account may get deleted or become inaccessible, or something may happen to the avatar. You don't want to lose your tulpa when one of those things happens. Additionally, you probably don't want to need Internet access to interact with your tulpa.

Sure, let your tulpa play the game, and identify with the avatar. This will make great visualization practice as well. But be sure that the tulpa goes on existing apart from the avatar.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

I generally have a tough time with visualization, but tend to remember when I make characters (not tulpas) that stay in my head and how I do so - me and my first Tulpa (10 days and counting) are having problems with form and tried using the Skyrim character creator (console - enableracemenu) as a jumping-off point for a more detailed visualization than the one or two pictures I had of his form, mainly because I knew the character creator would provide a lot of detail and I was familiar with the workings of it from having played the game.

We ended up scrapping our little design because we didn't like how the engine made everyone look like xtreme gritty realistic Norse badass, which is fine enough in its own right but not the kind of form we were going for I guess. My point is, though, that this kind of thing definitely helps in visualization, particularly memory; even though we ended up not using that particular form, it's still dormant somewhere inside my subconscious as a scrap resource because I spent 20 minute staring at that face and tweaking its features in the game. The face and body still crops up places on its own. It's a very good tool for memory.

Can't speak on whether or not he enjoys projecting himself onto online games, or how useful it is, because he's not really strong enough or well-formed enough for that yet, but I can vouch for this helping in visualization and memory.

The IRC channels we have are accessible by many different clients, on almost any operating system or hardware. There isn't so much variation in the SL Viewers. SL is an alternative, but not one populated by many of us (I speculate).

Jesus. He/she just offered a suggestion. You didn't have to tear his entire post apart. and IRC and SL are two different things, maybe he doesn't

want to use IRC? It's his/her call.

Anyways OP, if it works for you, then stick with it! Rayne has been doing something like this with The Sims.