Tulpa listening while host sleeps?

anckoh

Assuming your brain is listening while you are sleeping and/or dreaming, could your tulpa pay attention to those external sounds and then tell you what she listened?

Like, hearing a conversation while you're sleeping and then telling you what was that conversation about?

I would like to try this, but nothing special happens when I'm sleeping, maybe someday I would take a nap when everyone is up and see what happens.

You could set your phone's alarm tone to something (like a song) then set the alarm just loud enough to be heard but not loud enough to wake you up.

Or set a timer on the computer that will start playing a sound file when the timer runs out.

Generally no. Except perhaps for little, obvious things as Splooshie said. That would be worth trying just to see if it works.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

You do monitor sounds and things while asleep, that is why you wake up if someone is yelling at you or they hit you while you are sleeping. Whether you have the ability to process speech while asleep, I'm not sure. Considering you talk while asleep, maybe.

So they might be able to.

My opinions are all subject to change.

This is something that can be tested. Testing would require two volunteers. One would need to be a tulpamancer, preferably a deep sleeper. The other volunteer needs to pass information to the tulpa -- information which is not otherwise known to the tulpamancer. If it works, we might move onto repeating the test as a larger study with many more tulpas.

my thoughtform = Isis

her appearance = stylized rabbit with dark fur and glowing eyes

her developmental stage = imaginary friend

Every night before i go to bed i let my cat outside.

And every morning the cat is in my bed again. I wondered how that is possible since i can't remember doing it. My tulpa could not tell me either.

Also my mom has a broken foot and can't get upstairs so it must been really me, letting my cat in through my window every night.

Kinda like sleeplettingthecatinwalking.

hurr.

Well i certainly think that this doesn't work for us. :/

They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants - not here.

At Tulpa.info we do all our science from scratch; no hand holding.

I'm not so sure about more complicated speech, but I'm fairly certain that at least basic sound is really processed. After all, sometimes I, or others I've talked to have dreamed that they were hearing parts of a conversation that was actually happening, or they were hearing a song in their dream, that was actually playing in the room.

So, because of that, I'd imagine, if the tulpa knew what to do, it could listen to some of what is actually going on around you, while you were sleeping.

But of course, like the others said, it should be tested.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Well, as Splooshie said, I set a random alarm clock (low volume) to see if my tulpa could listen and describe the song when I woke up. Then I would check if she was correct about how the alarm sounded.

Tried this twice. The first one, the sound affected my dream and I woke up quickly. My tulpa reported that she listened to the alarm, but mostly because I was listening the alarm in the dream, too.

The second one was worst because the alarm woke up my brother (I wonder why? It didn't woke ME up) and screwed the whole test.

After my brother waking me up and I turning the alarm down, I asked my tulpa if she could try to listen (as my family was awake and could make sounds). She said she couldn't hear anything.

I'm going to keep testing, but most likely tulpas can only hear the sounds our brain is actually processing for us to hear. Or something like that.

No, he doesn't.

I'm thinking in way to tell him to help me without sounding too weird (and without mentioning tulpas)

For now, I'll keep trying with the alarms, setting various in different times of my sleep, to see if my tulpa can listen to some of them. And trying not to wake up anyone (including myself).