Prison and Tulpas

Gruver

In a hypothetical situation where one goes to prison, would it be safe to still communicate and interact with a tulpa? Would the mentality and emotions one would experience harm the tulpa, or affect the tulpa's personality in any negative way?

It would be fine.

It would be exactly as safe as having an invisible/intangible normal person there with you.

They wouldn't get "mental poisoning" or whatever. But they might just, you know, not like being in prison.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

It would be fine.

It would be exactly as safe as having an invisible/intangible normal person there with you.

They wouldn't get "mental poisoning" or whatever. But they might just, you know, not like being in prison.

Thanks for your reply, I had been wondering this for quite a while now, but couldn't find anything on this forum, or other ones for that matter. Your input has been very helpful.

But they might just, you know, not like being in prison.

As long as the host creates a wonderland, this likely wouldn't even be a problem.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

Guest Anonymous

In a hypothetical situation where one goes to prison, would it be safe to still communicate and interact with a tulpa?

If you started talking to your tulpa with your mouth, you might be considered a bit of a freak, you might be shunned, and that would lead to...

Would the mentality and emotions one would experience harm the tulpa, or affect the tulpa's personality in any negative way?

...you getting considered weak, leaving you open to the possibility of getting raped. I haven't heard of how a tulpa reacts after the host experiences a major psychological trauma, but it would be interesting to find out. The statistics for prison rape vary from prison to prison, from what I've heard, so take this as a grind of pepper.

I was thinking about the same thing the other day, actually! I reckon that if I ever get caught, I'll find a way to get into solitary. I could build a massive, incredibly detailed wonderland, and spend as much time with Jade as is possible. It's some comfort to know it wouldn't be completely hellish.

I think solitary confinement is for prisoners too violent to be kept together with other inmates? So unless you're some sort of psycho killer, it may be a little difficult to get into solitary confinement. Another reason you would be put in solitary would be for suicide watch. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't try to kill myself just to get in. Because what if your faked suicide attempt succeeds?

And while solitary confinement may be conducive to forcing, it also has detrimental effects like memory loss and difficulty with concentration. So the disadvantages cancel out or even outweigh the advantages (what's the point of good progress if you can't remember it?).

The effect of solitary confinement on mental health has been studied and discussed by psychiatrists since the 1930s.[12] According to psychiatrist Stuart Grassian, a psychiatrist who studies solitary confinement, inmates are more likely to under-report than to over-report its effects (i.e. "Some of the guys can't take it—not me"). Grassian has found that common effects of solitary confinement include increased sensitivity to stimuli, hallucinations, and other changes in perception, as well as cognitive problems including memory loss, difficulty thinking, and impulsiveness.

I love the sound of hallucinations. May be a bit freaky at first, but I've never really hallucinated anything before. Sounds fine to me!

For your first point, I've gotta assert dominance, right? But in all seriousness, I look sort of wiry, so I'd probably be hated on a fair bit. I fight back (remember, it's not about size, it's about how you use it), and they know not to mess with me. If I do get thrown in solitary, then I don't go as crazy, as I have someone to talk to and go adventuring with. Besides, I'd bet the majority of solitary-confinement prisoners don't have tulpae to keep them sane!

That's a very interesting question, Gruver. I could very well see negative emotions rubbing off on the tulpa from the creator, however, I can see no harm in keeping up communications or even creating a tulpa while locked up. While the potential for negative traits and emotions to be transferred to tulpae is there, I assume that the creator would want to avoid such things, and the want for that avoidance would be enough for the tulpa to not turn out to be a very negative and bitter being.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.