Delayed speech

Twh

What kind of games do you play?

Let's say you play Call of Duty, you may have played it with a friend once, then you generally repeat what happens in the game. May be silly, but at least you talk about something. You can talk about what you're planning to do, like the screen sees you running but you tell that you're going to run away from the guy who saw you and snipe him down after you've got some distance.

That's pretty much exactly what I've been doing, but I only started this weekend, once again, late.

Irish didn't narrate outside tulpaforcing/daydreaming sessions at all' date=' and it took him longer too. I'm not sure of the truth of this bit of information, though, so I'd like someone informed to confirm or disconfirm it.[/quote']

I suspect it's the narration, I started late and I didn't narrate all that much even then, so altogether I probably haven't done enough narration.

Do people narrate with their eyes open or closed?

Open, you're supposed to just talk like if you were talking to yourself, except that you have to keep in mind that you're talking to the tulpa.

I didn't spend too much on visualization, those 30 hours include touch, smell, body language and voice. But yes, I forgot to start narration when I started tulpaforcing. Also it was only a few days before I started that the /mlp/ threads finally figured out that you should definitely start narrating as soon as you can.

Your situation is pretty much the same as mine, except I still have to finish some of the sensorial stuff (finishing touch atm, starting smell in the recent future). I'm pretty sure it all comes to the narration times: I do around 2-4 hours a day, and I've been like this for 32 days, still nothing (out of 55 days/70 hours forcing). It may also have to do with the nature and learning curve of the tulpa. So yeah, the best we can do is to keep working, narrating less in any case should have negative repercusions, other than slowing the process. If you're patient enough, you'll get speech eventually. Anyways summer is just about to start, there we have several months to narrate lots of hours.

http://wirelesslog.tumblr.com/ - My tulpa blog, updates regularly.

• 3 weeks later...

This is getting a bit offtopic, but I didn't want to start a new thread:

Since there are some related questions around, I thought I'd update everyone on my progress.

About a week before I posted the OP I had some weird thing happening when I'd gone to bed and sometimes during tulpaforcing - sometimes I'd heard small bits of speech, syllables and half-spoken words, fairly quickly. There was no meaning to it, it was just a mess, although altogether 3 times I'd heard some more clear voices saying things I could understand (although they usually didn't make much sense, but at least they were whole words). These voices were different in all 3 cases, 2/3 were male. I read all I could find about speech, and in most cases it was described similarly to what happened to Dane - at one point the tulpa suddenly said something, clearly, it did make sense. Nothing about weird noises or anything like what I'd experienced. So I'd told my tulpa that while it's nice that she's trying, this isn't really how it should work and she should stop pursuing this method and just wait for it to come (most tulpae describe gaining speech as a "just happened" thing).

6 days ago I found out that maybe this wasn't such a good idea - after reading a thread here, where somebody mentioned that tulpae sometimes tend to sound like babies and what they say cannot be understood, and also that they tend to be shy around this time; during the next session the first thing I did was asking her to dismiss everything I said about speech and just try in any form she can.

In the next session she was answering questions fairly well.

Now, during these 6 days I have noticed the following:

- Her voice is relatively quiet, a bit hard to hear

- Her voice isn't very distinctive, it does have a feminine thing to it but unless I'm paying attention she sounds a lot like me (I need to work on the way she sounds more)

- Many things happen instantly - I ask her something, halfway through the question she's answering; when I'm thinking about something and I'm not keeping her in mind, the moment I (?) remind myself about her she also says something

--> It seems that she's connected to me a bit more than I'd like, if I'm not parroting all of this. Sometimes it just feels like parroting a lot, on the other hand emotional response has happened at appropriate times on many occasions

She's really terrible at maths, adding 2 digit numbers practically never works, same goes for memory recall or memorization.

Any advice/comments/similar experience?

This is getting a bit offtopic, but I didn't want to start a new thread:

Since there are some related questions around, I thought I'd update everyone on my progress.

About a week before I posted the OP I had some weird thing happening when I'd gone to bed and sometimes during tulpaforcing - sometimes I'd heard small bits of speech, syllables and half-spoken words, fairly quickly. There was no meaning to it, it was just a mess, although altogether 3 times I'd heard some more clear voices saying things I could understand (although they usually didn't make much sense, but at least they were whole words). These voices were different in all 3 cases, 2/3 were male. I read all I could find about speech, and in most cases it was described similarly to what happened to Dane - at one point the tulpa suddenly said something, clearly, it did make sense. Nothing about weird noises or anything like what I'd experienced. So I'd told my tulpa that while it's nice that she's trying, this isn't really how it should work and she should stop pursuing this method and just wait for it to come (most tulpae describe gaining speech as a "just happened" thing).

6 days ago I found out that maybe this wasn't such a good idea - after reading a thread here, where somebody mentioned that tulpae sometimes tend to sound like babies and what they say cannot be understood, and also that they tend to be shy around this time; during the next session the first thing I did was asking her to dismiss everything I said about speech and just try in any form she can.

In the next session she was answering questions fairly well.

Now, during these 6 days I have noticed the following:

- Her voice is relatively quiet, a bit hard to hear

- Her voice isn't very distinctive, it does have a feminine thing to it but unless I'm paying attention she sounds a lot like me (I need to work on the way she sounds more)

- Many things happen instantly - I ask her something, halfway through the question she's answering; when I'm thinking about something and I'm not keeping her in mind, the moment I (?) remind myself about her she also says something

--> It seems that she's connected to me a bit more than I'd like, if I'm not parroting all of this. Sometimes it just feels like parroting a lot, on the other hand emotional response has happened at appropriate times on many occasions

She's really terrible at maths, adding 2 digit numbers practically never works, same goes for memory recall or memorization.

Any advice/comments/similar experience?

Can you hear her externally, as if the sound were at least partially out-loud? This is the best judge of parroting.

Can you hear her externally, as if the sound were at least partially out-loud? This is the best judge of parroting.

This doesn't work for everyone, not before imposition. A simpler test is to see if your tulpa can speak over you.

This doesn't work for everyone, not before imposition. A simpler test is to see if your tulpa can speak over you.

Even before imposition, you can hear your tulpa partially out-loud, as if they were very close.

During tulpaforcing, perhaps. She's not very good at speaking normally tho, she always uses telepathy.

Yes, she can.