To those with Winged Humanoid Tulpa

Line

Disclaimer of sorts: If you might be harmed or something from over-thinking your tulpa, don't read on.

Otherwise, to those who have Winged Humanoid Tulpa, and have read the Tulpa Anatomy article, exactly how have you imagined the anatomical structure of these wings and how they connect to the body?

Oh look, somewhere to spam.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of the many characters I have, seven have wings, and two of those are sentient tulpae so far. Anatomically, the bones of the wings connect a little bit above and inward of the shoulderblades. One of them, Kaia, is an anthrozil; a kind of human-dragon hybrid that appeared in the series "Dragons in Our Midst" by Bryan Davis. The third book, "Circles of Seven", has a relatively good picture of a girl with dragon wings on the cover.

I know a lot of that info was unneeded, but just wanted to mention it.

I finally found a picture that might help: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md28wh4mQO1r09daoo1_500.jpg

It's an interesting way to go about having wings.

Are the wings you're looking for avian or dragon-like? I might be able to find something else if I knew a bit more.

I have my own idea for what I might do for Iris's wings, but it's not really concrete yet. I'll share it if it actually works out.

Out of the many characters I have, seven have wings, and two of those are sentient tulpae so far. Anatomically, the bones of the wings connect a little bit above and inward of the shoulderblades. One of them, Kaia, is an anthrozil; a kind of human-dragon hybrid that appeared in the series "Dragons in Our Midst" by Bryan Davis. The third book, "Circles of Seven", has a relatively good picture of a girl with dragon wings on the cover.

I know a lot of that info was unneeded, but just wanted to mention it.

Thanks, the info *was* needed :D

I finally found a picture that might help: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md28wh4mQO1r09daoo1_500.jpg

It's an interesting way to go about having wings.

Are the wings you're looking for avian or dragon-like? I might be able to find something else if I knew a bit more.

I have my own idea for what I might do for Iris's wings, but it's not really concrete yet. I'll share it if it actually works out.

I'm looking for more avian-like wings, and what I'm thinking is about the anatomical correctness of the whole shebang.

I mean, I'm probably overthinking this, but here are my thoughts on the subject:

-If humanoids could have wings, they'd sprout of where our arms are right now, our arms underneath that.

-We'd be horribly unbalanced in the air

-Both our arms and wings would be weak, and it would be super-tiring to fly.

Helix: I fly using telekineis when I need to fly. Wings are fucking stupid.

That said, I guess it would work if we have tele/psychokinesis, then we could have aesthetic wings rather than functional ones.

(Yes I'm thinking too much since we can just go magicks)

I was initially going to give Lyra wings, but ran into this problem. I had a few issues:

Anatomy - working out how the wings connect, basically skeletal structure. No way I could imagine it felt entirely natural to me. This made some sense given that real creatures have either arms, front legs, or wings, not some combination of them, with the exception of insects.

Surface - how to work the feathers, specifically the transition from normal skin to feathers. It felt odd to me to have regular skin up to a somewhat odd joint, and then suddenly a quill sticking out.

Posture - certain ways of sitting and lying down don't work so well when you have wings.

Clothing - I would need to work out how to specially design all of her clothes to accommodate her wings. I wasn't up to the task at the time, though now it seems like it would be really cool to work that out.

All of these are quite solvable, and I'm not trying to discourage anyone. Actually, writing these down makes me sorta wish I'd done it. Ultimately I decided to give her smooth transparent wings that aren't actually connected, and only appear when needed (i.e. magic ones). But then she moved to a no-wings-needed "Peter Pan" style of flight, and earlier today tried something that was more like floating. (She's not imposed yet. She either appears in my mind's eye, or I just "feel" where she is.)

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

I was initially going to give Lyra wings, but ran into this problem. I had a few issues:

Anatomy - working out how the wings connect, basically skeletal structure. No way I could imagine it felt entirely natural to me. This made some sense given that real creatures have either arms, front legs, or wings, not some combination of them, with the exception of insects.

Surface - how to work the feathers, specifically the transition from normal skin to feathers. It felt odd to me to have regular skin up to a somewhat odd joint, and then suddenly a quill sticking out.

Posture - certain ways of sitting and lying down don't work so well when you have wings.

Clothing - I would need to work out how to specially design all of her clothes to accommodate her wings. I wasn't up to the task at the time, though now it seems like it would be really cool to work that out.

Anatomy - I've thought that the best way to 'attach' wings would be if there were indents in the inside-side of the scapula, creating some sort of a ball-and-socket joint, and then each wing would have two bones sticking out, creating a very strange but perhaps more effective bone structure which would require massive muscle strength (Though I'm not exactly an expert in the field)

The above might be confusing, so have a picture I just made instead. I've come up with a couple different variations of it, but they'd take quite a long time to edit, so here you go for now.

(For the record, the initial bones leading out from the scapula should be longer and more slender)

Surface -Perhaps the skin changing texture or something along those lines leading up to the point where the wings connect, then feathers sprouting. Personally, I've never had any problems with that.

Posture - Yeah, gotta think about that one.

Clothing - *Puts non-existant designer clothes on* Time to get designing!

I mean, I'm probably overthinking this, but here are my thoughts on the subject:

-If humanoids could have wings, they'd sprout of where our arms are right now, our arms underneath that.

-We'd be horribly unbalanced in the air

-Both our arms and wings would be weak, and it would be super-tiring to fly.

I'm not entirely sure how, but here's my take. The shoulderblades would be farther apart than standard, and there would be a secondary pair farther in, probably bigger. Not sure how it fits, but nature finds a way without making it look deformed. Usually. As for the second two, If you woke up and had them, yes they'd be weak and yes you'd be unbalanced. But if you had them from a young age, you would most definitely strengthen different sets of muscles to aid with balance. Moreover, if you were born with them (some fictional situations DO have them appear later in life in one way or another), your muscles themselves would group differently to be better suited to flight. Someone say, 6 feet tall would probably have a wingspan of around fifteen feet. At least, assuming they had human bone density. They'd be quite large; otherwise the individual would never do more than glide, if that. The wings would have extremely powerful muscles, but the bones would be quite delicate. Your arms wouldn't change too much.

Also, check out the Maximum Ride series. It's about a group of kids who were subject to genetic experimentation and had avian DNA spliced into theirs.

And yeah, I've thought of this a LOT.