What is the policy on "This/I agree with this"?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

While I don't see it very often, I sometimes see posts that go like this:

Constructive post or snippet of one.

This/I agree with this.

(Optional line not answering the question at hand or discussing Member 1's relationship with their tulpa in a partially on topic way)

Is this consider spam in some sort? I know that it might violate the first rule of:

Posting only a few words' date=' just one word, no words at all, images, or other media content whereas the context represents either nothing meaningful or just something that is not relative to the subject at all.[/quote']

I can understand if it has the optional line, it might be meaningful and relative, but does the base post by member 2 containing the quote by user 1 negate any sort of spamming, since it has text relevant to the thread?

Guest Anonymous

From what I understand, if the person does it with consistency then yes, it's spam.

The occasional violation of this is not.

Disregarding the topic, Jimmy you need to let the moderators do their job and not try to make it yours. They'll remove things as necessary. Sure, if it's a glaring offense then report it, if not the moderators probably better things to attend to. From what I've observed you seem to take the rules as some sort of godly commandments. They're not, the rules are there to keep order in the forum. Loosen up.

I do that, occasionally. However, when I do, it's not for the sake of increasing my post count.

When I ask a question, and I get an answer that sounds right, I still like to have some backup on it. So having someone else say that they agree with what they person said, puts my mind at ease, a little.

Whenever I post "I agree with this", it is when I was about to say something, but noticed that someone else already said almost exactly what I was thinking, so it would be pointless to just reword what's already been said.

So I am personally 100% okay with it, as long as it's not done with the intention of spamming, or some other bad reason.

Although I obviously don't speak for the moderators.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Guest EnnervateIndustries

Regardless of whether or not "^this"-ing is spam, it's still very useful when determining whether or not something works or a comment is useful. I'd recommend being able to rate comments for this purpose, if need be.

Regardless of whether or not "^this"-ing is spam, it's still very useful when determining whether or not something works or a comment is useful. I'd recommend being able to rate comments for this purpose, if need be.

This. (Hurr)

Considering there is not much in the way of universal foolproof law when it comes to tulpas, "I asked, and 5 out of 6 people said yes" is really the best you're gonna get for gauging stuff. Therefore This's are required for people to make sense of things.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

Guest ThunderClap

Is a response to a question or statement.

Who cares.

I'd rather see a honest, I one sentence answer than a whole paragraph of nonsense just so someone can avoid violating the rules.

Guest Anonymous

This. (Hurr)

Considering there is not much in the way of universal foolproof law when it comes to tulpas, "I asked, and 5 out of 6 people said yes" is really the best you're gonna get for gauging stuff. Therefore This's are required for people to make sense of things.

Pleeb, add a "Thanked user for this post" thing to the fora so we can just use that in addition to or in place of the rating system.

Pleeb, add a "Thanked user for this post" thing to the fora so we can just use that in addition to or in place of the rating system.

He actually did that for a short period. It quickly turned into a mess, with people using it as a way to high-five friends, thank random useless posts, and pick on people who hated the thank system by thanking them for their posts about how there shouldn't be a thank system. It was quickly removed after it proved to be useless.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

He actually did that for a short period. It quickly turned into a mess, with people using it as a way to high-five friends, thank random useless posts, and pick on people who hated the thank system by thanking them for their posts about how there shouldn't be a thank system. It was quickly removed after it proved to be useless.

It was great, we should do it again.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

I do that, occasionally. However, when I do, it's not for the sake of increasing my post count.

When I ask a question, and I get an answer that sounds right, I still like to have some backup on it. So having someone else say that they agree with what they person said, puts my mind at ease, a little.

Whenever I post "I agree with this", it is when I was about to say something, but noticed that someone else already said almost exactly what I was thinking, so it would be pointless to just reword what's already been said.

So I am personally 100% okay with it, as long as it's not done with the intention of spamming, or some other bad reason.

Although I obviously don't speak for the moderators.

This.

Well you asked for it.

But seriously, I do agree 100% with the post I quoted, so I'm not just spamming it for fun.

Well, maybe that was my initial intention, but at least I picked a post I agree with.