Adding information about your system

Purlox

I think it would be a good idea for people to be able to write down information about their system in their profile in the section that displays as "Additional Info About X" when looking at someone's profile. This would free signatures and bios of a lot of information about one's system and instead makes one place where everyone can easily find this information.

I suggest adding these categories (they don't have to be used if the person doesn't want to):

• Name of the system
  • Names of system members/tulpas
  • Species of system members/tulpas
  • Apparent age of system members/tulpas
  • Type of system (maybe with some information about types)

Guest Anonymous

I don't think that the forums have really been designed for things relating to tulpism, but if this idea was instituted, it would certainly be professional and informative. I just have to wonder how it would be done, since Pleeb is AFK right now, and I don't know how much experience Amadeus has in the web design field.

I'm sorry, "system"?

Do you mean 'system' as in 'biological person' or what?

Anyway, what's wrong with the bio as a place for that information? That's what a bio is for: "About yourself".

Guest BrownSubmarine
System stands for system of multiple persons in one body, used mostly by "natural multiples".

@Jimmy: It's probably not already created plugin, but either Pleeb or Amadeus (or someone else if anyone wants to) can code it sooner or later.

@waffles: System is a general term for a group of persons inside one body.

Guest Anonymous

Barry White: Implying we're MPD

Implying that MPD exists still.

Implying that your terminology is very well fitting.

Implying more than a few people around here are unshy enough to share that about themselves.

Defense!

There is already space enough on your profile. Use it there if you want. No features, only training.

Guest Albatross_

@waffles: System is a general term for a group of persons inside one body.

That term seems a little stupid to me. Why not just call it a person?

Ridiculous terminology turns places like this into places like the werewolf forums.

I actually thought this was about what operating system one uses.

That would have made marginally more sense.

Most of that would fit nicely in the "Bio" box. How many people actually have anything meaningful in that at all?

@mayormorgan: Multiplicity differs from MPD/DID in the "disorder" part. It isn't a problem and doesn't get in the way of everyday life. And tulpae appear to be very similar once established, apart from being created intentionally with greater effort, and that we often visualize ours much more vividly.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)