Parroting Syndrome

Pronas

Question

[align=justify]Hello everyone. Pronas here. In this thread of mine, I plan to talk about something VERY SERIOUS called Parroting Syndrome.

Parroting Syndrome is basically when you think everything that happens to your tulpa seems to be done by you (a.k.a parroting).

Now, the reason why this is serious is because if you keep thinking like this, you won't be able to perceive results in fear of tricking yourself, which will in turn make you lose motivation and in the end, make you quit making a tulpa.

Unfortunately, there's no SUREFIRE way to know if you are parroting. Some people say the Vandereich's Prism works, while others don't seem to get any results from it. Also, I'm not going to say I have devised a way to know if you are parroting or a way stop parroting altogether, but I just want to share a way to at least make you parrot less.

Basically, it involves convincing yourself you can't parrot anymore. But how do you do that? Firstly, you have to change the way you look at things. Whenever you try to visualize your tulpa, and it does something out of the blue, like smile, or walk somewhere, you have to just take it as it is.

Think like this: "oh my tulpa moved, that's all". Maybe it was on it's own, maybe you were parroting, but there's no way to know so why keep thinking about it? It's dangerous to keep questioning yourself whether it was real or not, because you'll question everything then, and when you question everything you are doomed.

"But i have trouble just letting things happen!" - you might say. If that's the case you might want to try a symbolic way to cease parroting.

Visualize your tulpa in front of you, all cute and pretty. Now you bring your hands to it's face and start moving them throughout it's whole body. [REDACTED]

Anyways, as your hands run along your tulpa's body, you imagine threads coming out of it, like they are being revealed. These threads should represent your control over your tulpa, what makes it move without it's consent, the essence of parroting.

After you imagine the threads, you have to cut them. You can just imagine them being cut, or you can tulpaforce some scissors, whatever you think fits best. After the threads are cut, your tulpa is now a free being. You cannot control it anymore. Anything it does is because of it's own will.

And that's it. Though you might parrot it subconciously, it's not like you can avoid it. Heck, maybe a tulpa is subconscious parroting, who knows? Anyways, I wish the best of luck to you guys who think they are parroting.

[/align]

• Answers 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

VERY SERIOUS.

Others pointed out typos and such. Yeah, I'll approve for Tips.

I put a Forcing tag on this. Is Sentience or something better?

Also insert tulpa succubus joke here.

I remember reading this nearly two years ago and it actually really helped me a lot. I totally forgot about where I had read it though. Definitely approved for tips and tricks.

"Assert the supremacy of your Imaginal acts over facts and put all things in subjection to them... Nothing can take it from but your failure to persist in imagining the ideal realized."

-Neville Goddard

Reluctantly approved for Tips and Tricks.

This is a symbolism-based method for getting rid of 'puppeting'.

It seems to work for some people, although I have no idea if it was entirely effective for the author of this guide.

Overall, I do think the method is valid, that is "convincing oneself" that they're not doing an action can sometimes result in one stopping feeling agency for an action, and in some cases, that may let a tulpa move/act by themselves or at least prevent the host from interfering.

However, I do think that the method only works when the belief that one isn't doing something is implicit (not merely explicit), that is, it has to be something expected or unconsciously/preconsciously "believed", rather than something one tells themselves on a conscious level without truly believing it deep down.

That said, there are more effective ways of dealing with parroting issues, such as getting the tulpa to develop their agency/will while they get as many methods of communication as possible and letting them coherently use those communication modalities at the same time (especially if it happens in parallel to your own thoughts) - in those cases, it becomes very hard to even conceive you could be parroting since you can't really split your focus and be 2 people at the same time and you keep getting surprised.