Banned from IRC?

The Knight

I don't know how... but I'm banned from the IRC chat, I haven't ever joined before.

(well I joined once, for about .5 seconds and then left, but thats it)

Q0hzRv0.png

Can I get some feedback? Did I connect differently than I was supposed to? I'm kind of confused.

Guest Anonymous

I don't know how... but I'm banned from the IRC chat, I haven't ever joined before.

(well I joined once, for about .5 seconds and then left, but thats it)

Q0hzRv0.png

Can I get some feedback? Did I connect differently than I was supposed to? I'm kind of confused.

Get on and private message "Quora", I'll see why you're banned.

In the case of IP or hostname bans: If you didn't earn it, it could be passed on to you from someone else on the same ISP.

Some ISP's make use of Dynamic IPs.

For example: My IP changes every day. The hostname I get is IP@ISP.

If I get banned today and assigned a new IP tomorrow, the ban will be passed on to the person that gets the IP I was using today.

If I wish to evade a ban, I simply need to reset my DSL router and I'll be assigned a new IP immediately. Then some other poor bastard will sit with the ban intended for me (assuming he also visits the site / IRC channel in question).

Guest Anonymous

In the case of IP or hostname bans: If you didn't earn it, it could be passed on to you from someone else on the same ISP.

Some ISP's make use of Dynamic IPs.

For example: My IP changes every day. The hostname I get is IP@ISP.

If I get banned today and assigned a new IP tomorrow, the ban will be passed on to the person that gets the IP I was using today.

If I wish to evade a ban, I simply need to reset my DSL router and I'll be assigned a new IP immediately. Then some other poor bastard will sit with the ban intended for me (assuming he also visits the site / IRC channel in question).

That's when we ban entire ISP's.

Well I'll talk to Quora.

I'm on a different computer than the first time I joined the IRC (as in I got a new one) but I only was in it for less than 10 seconds, and I said nothing. If thats the entire reason I'm banned, then in my opinion I think there needs to be some changes with the way the IRC chat is moderated, just sayin. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I see. Still kind of weird how common that seems to happen. Thanks for the tip (as always)

Oh also how would I go about messaging Quora? Would I do that as a PM in the forums? or is there an IRC command someone can tell me? (or something else?)

Guest Anonymous

I see. Still kind of weird how common that seems to happen. Thanks for the tip (as always)

Oh also how would I go about messaging Quora? Would I do that as a PM in the forums? or is there an IRC command someone can tell me? (or something else?)

When you get this post, PM me so we can arrange a time for me to do demagicks.

And that's why permanent bans are silly.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)