Out of touch, sleepy feeling while at school?

Spice

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you spend a lot of time in wonderland or in a form that doesn't look like the body? Or do anything that makes you think you aren't that body?

Yep. I try to have at least a small amount of presence in the wonderland at most times. The form I have in the wonderland is a slimegirl. And I've been working on identifying more with my consciousness and trying to see the body as something to be used to interact with the world. I see my tulpae as equals, so by necessity the body should be no more mine than theirs, although I'm not yet able to hand off control to them. But it certainly isn't me, as much as habit makes me think of it that way.

(And no, this isn't an "I hate my body" thing. I'm happy with it for the most part. I just feel it's unfair to take the one thing that would let them interact with this world, and tie myself to it even more tightly.)

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

I dont necessarily think this is tupla related because you could just be tired. However, making a tulpa is fairly mentally exhausting so that could be a reason why you would feel tired/out of touch. If that is the reason why, as you keep forcing it will become easier and less tiring. i wouldnt worry about it too much

I think i know what you're describing Spice. Usually this kinda thing happens to me at school as well, or when I'm doing some boring or repetitive task. But that might just mean you space out easy, I often find myself walking places while lost in thought, and then wonder what I was doing.

My Tulpa

And then it cuts to a scene where you're sitting in a padded cell.

I spend 2-3 hours in the wonderland a day minimum but I'm always thinking about it at school.

Despite the name, the host bodybody is the one usually using this account. 

Spice was born in 2013 and Tomoe was born in 2014.

I think this is pretty common,I've gotten a bit more tired,and I remeber having an experiance where I felt like it wasn't real,like I was just dreaming about everything. My mind was numb,my body heavy and the world around me real,but seeming distant and fake.

Not sure if from good tulpaforcing session,the cold I have or otherwise.

~Gumdrop~

And

*Licorice*

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is pretty common,I've gotten a bit more tired,and I remeber having an experiance where I felt like it wasn't real,like I was just dreaming about everything. My mind was numb,my body heavy and the world around me real,but seeming distant and fake.

Not sure if from good tulpaforcing session,the cold I have or otherwise.

When I enter this state my body is usually feeling lighter, plus I have a habit of over working myself.

I know the exact feeling he describes and it happens off and on during the day. It feels like the body is moving partially or entirely on its own, except that it is doing what I will it to do. It's often accompanied by an odd but pleasant feeling of almost-floating.

I can trigger it by thinking about it

I usually never hear of other people who experience this kind of thing, but I less often (this is the first time) see someone who describes it in the exact same way that I would.

Aside from the fact that you and I don't have the same mannerisms and such, I may as well have been the one who typed that.

If you read this, and you don't mind my asking, what do you think triggered this in you, since you say you haven't always experienced this? You say it was after meditating, and forcing. Do you think that's really what did it? Why might that be? As for me, it has happened on and off for several, several years. I remember instances as early as 3rd grade.

And based on what Spice said, that is probably what she is experiencing.

I feel like I read a wiki article about something that seemed vaguely like this, but I can't remember what it was, at the moment.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

If you read this, and you don't mind my asking, what do you think triggered this in you, since you say you haven't always experienced this? You say it was after meditating, and forcing. Do you think that's really what did it? Why might that be? As for me, it has happened on and off for several, several years. I remember instances as early as 3rd grade.

And based on what Spice said, that is probably what she is experiencing.

If I could learn to control the feeling, it might help stop it from happening when I'm doing tests and such at school. And when I want it back, it'd be useful for getting into meditation/forcing mode.

I'm just afraid that I'm going to tune out for a minute while working in the kitchens O_O;

I usually never hear of other people who experience this kind of thing, but I less often (this is the first time) see someone who describes it in the exact same way that I would.

Aside from the fact that you and I don't have the same mannerisms and such, I may as well have been the one who typed that.

If you read this, and you don't mind my asking, what do you think triggered this in you, since you say you haven't always experienced this? You say it was after meditating, and forcing. Do you think that's really what did it? Why might that be?

I would say what started it was intentionally trying to cause some amount of separation between mind and body, something I'm still working on. I want to identify with my consciousness and the form I've given myself in the wonderland, not the body. The body should then become more of a tool to interact with the world using. Once this is done more thoroughly, it should be easier to zone out in order to switch or just hang out in the wonderland without physical sensations interfering.

I've heard of meditation having this effect as well, but typically over longer periods, or from really intense meditation. Forcing is essentially light meditation, so perhaps over a long period it could do this. But I didn't experience it until I assigned myself a form that isn't just an image of the body and started trying to separate the two.

As for me, it has happened on and off for several, several years. I remember instances as early as 3rd grade.

Did you daydream a lot as a kid? I'm not sure if there's a causal relationship or which way the causation goes, but from others I've talked to, it appears the two often go together.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)