Can imposing cause unwanted 'other' hallucinations?

Domnopalus

Hi guys,

So, my tulpa is a fully sentient mindcreature, and I really would love to start imposing. I can impose in my mind's eye of course and I know exactly how he looks, but from some threads I've been reading, imposition can be MUCH more real than just this. I also can 'impose' beyond my field of vision, i.e. behind me or in the corner of my eye, etc.

I've been a bit hesitant to go 'full out' though with imposing because of a few worries:

Once I start imposing and fully convincing myself that there is a being there in front of me, does that 'open you up' to all kinds of other things, such as unwanted hallucinations, seeing shadows, etc., or other madness? And does it happen involuntarily after a while? I'm also concerned about how other people would react if for instance, my tulpa is with me and I have psyched myself out enough to believe he is an actual being---or do you always maintain the idea that this is a product of your mind, even when you can see, feel, and smell it? I'm sure these concerns are shared by others. Sorry if there has already been a topic on this--I haven't found it.

Any advice would be appreciated :) Thanks!

I'm Alanna, Domnopalus' host. Dom always speaks in brackets []

Tulpa: Domnopalus ||

Form (I am the artist) || WL: Bald cypress swamp. || Progress Report

Hasn't happened to us thus far. Imposition is pretty difficult as it is. It's not quite like opening up your mind to see hallucinations so much as it is actively imposing the thing you are focusing on.

You will always remember that only you can see him. You won't forget or anything and let people know you see a being they can't.

Edit: Also, for example, I have two tulpas. When imposing Jaden actively Giselle isn't any more imposed. The process seems to be easier the second time around, but still takes time.

I've never heard that imposition can lead to seeing anything besides what you mean to impose.

I'm sure no one here will tell you that it's impossible, but I don't believe it's ever been recorded, here.

But I wouldn't really worry about that.

Edit:

Hasn't happened to us thus far. Imposition is pretty difficult as it is. It's not quite like opening up your mind to see hallucinations so much as it is actively imposing the thing you are focusing on.

This is also something I was thinking, but forgot to say.

I'm sure, no matter how long you're with your tulpa, you'll never forget what they "are". Some people believe that tulpae are beings, and not simply hallucinations. Choose to believe whatever you like. If you choose to believe that they are true beings, then your view on them shouldn't change in that regard, ever. But if you choose to believe that they are simply hallucinations, I'd imagine that you'll likely never forget that. After all, as real as they seem in this world, they are not actually "there". You can pass right through them, and no one else can see them.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Once I start imposing and fully convincing myself that there is a being there in front of me, does that 'open you up' to all kinds of other things, such as unwanted hallucinations, seeing shadows, etc., or other madness? And does it happen involuntarily after a while?

No and no. Maybe, your tulpa will impose some breakfast for himself/herself, and you'll see it, and the like, but nothing where you won't be sure if something is imposed or if it's really there.

I'm also concerned about how other people would react if for instance, my tulpa is with me and I have psyched myself out enough to believe he is an actual being---or do you always maintain the idea that this is a product of your mind, even when you can see, feel, and smell it?

Ok. Your tulpa is real. It exist. You'll be able to see, hear, feel, and smell it (hell, you can even taste it if you want). But you know others won't. You may want to tell other people you have a tulpa (and go through the hell of explaining what it is and why you're not crazy, and other similar things), or you may want to keep it a secret. In any case, the fact that your tulpa can't be perceived by others is something that you must keep in mind... unless you want to push the known limits of tulpamancing and try to materialize your tulpa... (ok, just joking. That's impossible. No, really, don't try it, you will only end deceiving yourself).

Put simply, other hallucinations haven't popped up yet and probably won't. It's less opening yourself up to many hallucinations and more just forcing yourself to sense this being that you have created in a particular way.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

Thanks so much for all your responses, everybody---this is extremely helpful and reassuring. Guess I better get to work! And with a clear mind now too. Thanks.

I'm Alanna, Domnopalus' host. Dom always speaks in brackets []

Tulpa: Domnopalus ||

Form (I am the artist) || WL: Bald cypress swamp. || Progress Report

I've had unwanted physical/touch sensation hallucinations. Imposed senses, well, I only have touch partially down. Can be annoying if you and tulpa are not coperative with each other and you may have upset them.

I have spoken to another tulpamancer that told me his tulpa has moved/hidden small objects before. They have also caused imposed sensations as a way to wake them up.

I'm still highly curious if there are ways to unlearn feeling imposed senses after you have learned or a complete block method. Its what I have been working at. But as far as I know most if not all the sensations, if I wasn't causing them myself, was the action of a tulpa/alt.

Irc is a good place to ask this question. I've heard some of the most interesting stories there and discusion of things like imposed walls.

Most people I've talked with that have one fully imposed tulpa have to do it all over again if a new tulpa is created. I haven't heard of sudden accidental tulpa coming out as full imposed.

The worst hallucination ive had from forcing wasnt even from imposition. it was just a quick flash for less than a second. Ive gotten these a couple times and my friend has experienced them too, but its wasnt a bad thing at all.

Since I tried to start imposing and felt progress, I've been hallucinating things like bugs, people, weird shadow creature things and my hair was longer. Also every 2-5 seconds I'll get weird lighting 'glitches' everywhere and I'm finding it harder to distinguish between dreams and reality (It's all becoming more interesting), none of this bothers me especially. I hope I helped.

every 2-5 seconds I'll get weird lighting 'glitches' everywhere and I'm finding it harder to distinguish between dreams and reality

care to elaborate? sounds intriguing