143 members have voted

1. 1. How many tulpas do you have?

• Lonely 1
    • 3-5
    • 6-8
    • 9-15
    • Too many

Guest Anonymous

There's an apparent limit around our conscious mind. A surprisingly small one too. It's been estimated that the conscious mind can act upon 3, perhaps 4 things at once whilst the subconscious mind can act upon hundreds and thousands of actions in a split second. With the estimated limit I'm making the assumption that with several tuppers you surpass this limit. Say you have 4 tuppers. You focus on the wonderland, the music playing in the background, and two tuppers. You've reached your limit and the extra two are left out. You then have to actively focus on the two left out by switching you focus back and forth, or simply leave them out for a good while. Keep in mind this is just a theory.

Now, now, the whole 'limit idea' could be bullshit. It wouldn't surprise me either. The source doesn't look terribly promising. Regardless, the times that I had attempted to have two tuppers at once all resulted in a feeling of favorism. I'd always feel bad that I'd give one too much time, the other too little. Like during sessions I'd often find myself picking one tulpa to spend the session with and the other would just... be there, doing their own thing. Yet the apparent frequency of others being successful with many tulpa amazes me.

So I want to know from the multiple tulpa crowd - just how do you do it? This is not a question of how can I eventually do this; I'm not asking for any sort of advice. I'm asking for a personal experience. How did your other tups come into realization? As, did you just decide one day that you wanted another one, or something a little more fun? Do you struggle with giving them all equal attention? Are you able have a constant group conversation? Do you confuse one another? Did you impose them all at once? Tell your story, please, don't hold back.

Thanks.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BrownSubmarine

Kob\ I don't have much experience with multiple tulpas, we lived in number of 3 for month and just a day in number of 4 consciousnesses. Forcing isn't much different, except we're doing stuff together. Ann was created on purpose about month ago and Dante just appeared and was aware that he would disappear in normal circumstances, so I gave him a choice if he want's to live with us or just 'move on'. Ann\ Me and some other tulpa from IRC helped him make his decision, I didn't want him to go away. Kob\ Yes, we're able to have group conversation. Imposition? No way yet, but... Ann\ we're having some fun during possession, we can see each other imposed forms.

>It's been estimated that the conscious mind can act upon 3, perhaps 4 things at once whilst the subconscious mind can act upon hundreds and thousands of actions in a split second

Kob\ If you need to think about thoughtform to interact with it or to let it live it's not a 'tulpa'. Tulpas are autonomous and can think on their own without anyone above.

Well, what can I say...I'm still trying to figure out how to handle them all myself.

Many of my other tulpa came on accident, due to my history concerning daydreaming and characters creation. Once Midori became all nice and conscious, everyone else started to become conscious right after her. On top of this, according to what Black and now Lyriandra say, I may have had "tulpa" in some form way before I even heard of the concept, it's just that I never noticed them. The last few that were added to my grand list were intentional, at least.

Concerning inter personal relations between my crew, the first thing to come to mind when Ellenore, my first "accidental" came on the scene was to tell Midori that she was her sisters, and should be treated as such. This simple line was able to defuse any and all tension and jealousy Midori may have felt for Ellenore, and they became very close since. The others got the same treatment, from Kellogg to even the Milkies, they were all sisters since they all came from the same mind. This made Midori quite happy, she quite liked being in such a large family, thus always having someone to talk to. The rest of them seem to get along quite well, I've had yet to see any of them really get into any big fights with one exception.

Now concerning favoritism...My record isn't quite as good on that. Due to some personal events over the past few months, much of my attention has gone to my initial tulpa, Midori (see avatar). I've been trying to rectify this, having one of my tulpa with me each day for one-on-one time. Today I had Lydriandra with me, and learned quite a bit about her. I plan on bringing along either Nero, Elly, Sheryl, Gladys, or Mary Ann with me to work tommorow, as I've given them way too little attention. One thing I can always say is that each time I bring along one of the girls I haven't been paying much attention to, I'm always blown away by the amount of personality and life they have, even without any real "forming" or focus from me. I guess being around each other gives them time to develop, and interacting with the wonderland gives them memories to share with me about what they were doing when I wasn't there. It's really neat.

As they develop further, I'm starting to notice them chatter amongst themselves from time to time. I can't quite catch all of it yet, but I do notice when I hear little voices commenting on something I do or say. Even now, I can hear them from throwing in a word or two. I noticed this happening the most when I had the group listen to an audio tape of "Anne of Green Gables". They loved it, and I could hear them fawning cheering for the titular red head.

I'm still working on imposition, as I'm hardly JD1215 level as far as imagination goes. But I remember I could have at least five of them out at once, so I don't think my brain's going to break...yet.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

Jaden and Giselle spend a bit of time talking to each other when I can't focus on either of them. Jaden does talk more than Giselle, but he is also a lot more extroverted. I just treat it like I'm spending time with two good friends.

Most of the time I just tried to stay focused on all of my tulpae at once, which is three of them. It's a great feat of mental exertion at first, and then you just quickly get used to it, sort of like learning to listen to your tulpa consistently, and all three of their voices come through to you easily and all at once. I generally split my attention among my three tulpae equally when they were all three out at once.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

I only have 2, so it's not hard at all, but I would also say that with time, I could grow to be able to focus on 3 at a time, then 4, then possibly more, to the same extent as I can focus on my current two.

I agree with how the conscious mind is pretty pathetic at focusing on multiple things, but with time, I would wager it could get better to a degree.

frt

I have ten tulpae, seven of them mostly just do their own thing, the other three hang out with me most of the time, I ocasionally make time for the seven I don't pay attention to all the time, and we have an economy wonderland for something to do. It really works when you got more than five tulpae.

Jade "These are not the droids you are looking for"

Me "These are not the droids we are looking for.."

Guest Anonymous

I didn't. I had several half baked tulpas, and I never found the time for 1-1 time with all of them to flesh them out.