Imposition methods

Lula

If you have an imposed tulpa, what method did you use and how effective do you feel it was? Effectivity being a measure of time, ease, concentration need and quality of outcome.

If you can, get your tulpa's opinion too.

~Remember the dead, but fight for the living.

~La rage du peuple

~Ice cream is a feeling

Tulpae:

Name: Frostia

Form: Light and dark blue pony, white hair, styled in MLP:FiM fashion

I've been imposing since about 6 months and it works pretty well now. But i can't really tell if it was very effective or not since i don't have anything to relate to.

It never felt hard for me to do it, the concentration needed at first was immense but now, its quite easy. Quality of outcome - i would say 8/10.

They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants - not here.

At Tulpa.info we do all our science from scratch; no hand holding.

Guest EnnervateIndustries

I've been imposing since about 6 months and it works pretty well now. But i can't really tell if it was very effective or not since i don't have anything to relate to.

It never felt hard for me to do it, the concentration needed at first was immense but now, its quite easy. Quality of outcome - i would say 8/10.

Would you mind posting the guide you used? (or writing one, if you made your own)

Also, bumping this thread, I want some more ideas on how to impose.

If you wouldn't mind me asking, did you first begin imposition by visualizing your tulpa in its entirety, or did you start with a frame and slowly "build" it into its current form?

Tulpa: Sierra

Forcing since July 2012

Couguhl’s Progress Report

Either everyone is lazy or only one person in this entire community has a semi-imposed tulpa

~Remember the dead, but fight for the living.

~La rage du peuple

~Ice cream is a feeling

Tulpae:

Name: Frostia

Form: Light and dark blue pony, white hair, styled in MLP:FiM fashion

Go into a very dark room. You know that 'static' one sometimes sees when their eyes are deprived of perceptory input? Stare into it. Try to find a pattern, anything, even a simple edge will work. Keep focusing on it, try to keep it active in your perception. Once you have this hook, it should be easy to expand it. For example, if you caught eyes wih your hook (which should be easy to do, human brains naturally pick up on any patterns they think may be faces) imagine then opening and closing and looking around. If all you get at first is a simple line, picture it as something like one side of an arm or leg, and imagine it bends. It should be easy for two reasons- we have seen so many people in action that our brains have a natural expectation of how the outline of an elbow will distort as it is bent, and as it moves along it's easier to expand it and add the hand and shoulder and other side of the arm, and the neck and head and torso, etc. This part is fairly easoly accomplishable in a matter of minutes, but you now have to keep it going. At first, it's probably not going to remain very consistant, the image may change in proportions of appear to move on its own. And if you don't keep up awareness of it it will vanish. It's easier to start with a smaller image, and expand it to full size later. If you know ahead of timethat you will wish to expand this image (as in thos case probably, unless your tulpa is very small), then picture your hallucination as being very far awayso that you can make it bigger while keping the sameproportions by imagining it getting closer to you. Most of this relies on exploiting what the mind is used to seing, and if you reguliarly see objects getting bigger as they travel closer to you, but not so much seeing objects expanding infront of you. It's not so much an actual trick of the mind as a trick of framing it in a way your mind is already used to, and if you can find a way to do that for any of the steps of tulpa-making it will greatly ease the process.

So just keep your awareness of this construct for as long as possible, and constantly explore your limitations of keping it. As you progress, work on making it rotate and in different sequences you'll be seeing your tulpa preforming like walking or manipulating objects. Lose your concentration and focus on reforming that same image. Do thks many times untilyour comfortable wjth it. Then start expanding your limitations, start trying to think of other things while still keepig enouh attention on the hallucination to keep it from disappating, and work on keeping it as you lighten the room (candles help to do it slowly, but sometimes the shadows can be overly distracting, and if this is your first visualisation you're at no point to be capable of imagining a shadow of your image consistantly). It may be just pieces fading into the background or appear greyscale at first, don't worry just keep doing it. Repetition is the key, the entire point is acclimatisation of the mind.

Then you have to mentally associate this form with two things; a personality, and a sence of 'otherness'. Expectations are the key, here. It's also possible to imagine the fluctuations in the initiate developement as being the result of another 'self' and let it continue as you expand the conditions ylu're accustomed to seeing it in. I have no idea how difficult it would be to try and shape the personality of it if you did that, or to try and mentally associate it with a previously refined personality. If you keep control over your hallucination (or simply let it be an image and don't ascribe volition to it's fluctuations at all (whether that volition is percieved as your own or as another entity's by your conciousness), he same way you can look at waves and not think they have motivation in order to move), then you must work on association the mental otherness of the personality that is your tulpa with his visualised form. At this point someone else will have to take over, since I don't have any further experience in the manner so can't tell you how easily your perception of otherness can consistantly be assigned as motivation behind mental processes. But I suspect, like all things in the mind, it's influenced extremely by repetition and expectation.

Guest EnnervateIndustries

That's a good plan, but I'd recommend making an actual guide (as in a post in the guides section) since not everyone looking for a guide will end up here.

Sortof. I don't have a tulpa so I can't say I've done this as a way to impose a tulpa. But I do have experience making visualisations, including ones that move on their own, and this is one of the methods I've had good success with. Although it seems a little harder to control the output than most other methods. But that might just be my own lack of control of my own mind, perhaps were I more skilled it'd be more stable.

Hmm, perhaps I will try to make a guide on visualisation. But if I did I'd want to make it as well rounded as possible, and this is an expansive topic so it'd probably be little more than a light overview. They have been studying this for over two millenia after all, eh?