The wacky adventures of Luna and Jon... What have I gotten myself into?

sparkofinsanity

Hi everyone, I've been posting here for a little over 2 months now, and so far, the magnificent adventures of tulpa making have created quite a rejuvenating excitement in my usually dull life. Anyways, I've been putting this off for long enough. I am a brony, so naturally, I came here with the hopes of creating a tulpa based off of a character from mlp. Based off of the title, I'm certain you've all made the correct guess that her name is Luna. My plan has been to create Luna's personality first, then make her sentiment through narration. Lastly, I want to focus on visualizing her in my world and "bringing her into view" as it were. At this point, unfortunately, all I have managed is to get her to speak once. It's truly a strange sensation, I can hear her in my mind, but not with my ears as I'm trying to. So far, she has a very outgoing personality, brutally honest, and always trying to lead me into sexual innuendos whenever possible. Again, I already consider her sentiment, however, I feel she lacks the ability to communicate with me in a way I can hear clearly, and with 100% certainty that it is in fact her. As I mentioned earlier, I can't see her, I wanted to be able to communicate with her so that I could be certain that this was even possible for me. Which leads me to a question that has been bugging me, is there a way to talk to her while visualizing her at the same time? Any information would be greatly appreciated by the both of us. Anyways, that's pretty much it for progress; other than that, not much has been happening with her. It is a bit frustrating how I can't seem to get her to respond like she did over a week ago. That's another point I mean to ask about, for all of you on this site who already have full-fledged tulpas. After your tulpa talked for the first time, did he/she continue to talk ever since, or did you have to continuously build on it getting your tulpa to speak more, little by little? Again, any information would be greatly appreciated. From Luna and I, thank you.

Hey there Spark! And Hiya from Luna =) [Alcadera in normal, Luna in Italics]

I've responded to you in my own thread already, but there's a few things you asked here that I think I can share my thoughts on =3

Yes it is possible to visualise while talking to her, many people do, but in the beginning we stick with just a monologue of facts, thoughts and questions. It's good to see you seem to have had a reply from her already by mindvoice, and I can say with near certainty it was entirely her, but consider something first ofcourse. EVEN if it wasn't entirely her words/sentence structure. It's still a reply instigated by her. As our minds work in complicated ways, there's a chance you end up filling in some gaps, and there is no problem with that in the early stages. Over time it will become easier.

The way me and my Luna practice, as you can see in my thread, is simply by opening up a .txt document and talking away while we type down everything we think, we just make sure our lines can be told apart from one another, in my case i put brackets around my own lines, considering Luna is meant to talk the most. Heh, 'meant to'. And lately we talk more even outside of the document, I just keep making sure that we don't HAVE to get everything right the first time, the margin of error is fine for now, when her vocals become audible, then it's pretty darn impossible to get it wrong without being very preoccupied.

anyway, back to visualising WHILE talking. If you feel it's a matter of skill, start out by doing sessions of either talks or visualisations. I talk to Luna whenever I take a break from anything I focus on. My mind is muddled up with a lot of random thoughts that go through everything I do, not leaving a lot of room for two things I WANT to think about at the same time. Some times i'm preoccupied with Luna's form, like with the drawing, so that's ok =3

Also in case you might eventually worry or doubt about how you're doing. like when you're preoccupied all day. Tulpae are very understanding. They're there too while you're busy with something, and they know from your thoughts why you're not thinking about them at times. It won't hurt them, they just idle a bit when that happens. Or we have some fun with ourselves... like how you lot have fun with 'yourselves' at times too... Also I think your Luna is holding up to being a Luna just fine >=3 We may be solitary types but we know what we want... why would you complain if what we want just so happens to be you? hmm? >=).

...She's just teasing XD... mostly...<<;;

When Alca talks: It's plain ol' simple text.

When Luna talks: It's fancy shmancy italic text!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, this is my attempt at posting correctly. I did not know what I was doing earlier, and accidentally posted about 10 threads, which resulted in me receiving a warning and an unhappy comment. This will probably go unnoticed anyways, so I'll just say what I came here to say. Thanks to Viceroy, I now know exactly how and what I'm doing. I have spent more adequate amounts of time with Luna, but still no talking. Anyways, that's all for now. Just wanted to say how things are going.

For listening, start out trying to hear words through repetitive noises, or ideally white noise. A computer fan is perfect for this. Music is harder as your mind can't always predict how the music will sound from moment to moment.

[i like doing this as it makes it a game for both of us. Also, for some reason it's easier to surprise 77 doing this than when I do headspeak.]

• 4 months later...

Well, it's been 7 months. 7 long months. I feel like I've made some progress, but not enough to hear her voice. I've tried different techniques, and still, no clear, audible voice. Anyways, if I don't hear her soon, I might give up.

Edit.

Two nights ago, I had a chat with Viceroy. I've been having a tough time hearing Luna recentely and he helped me. Last night I tried to narrate and I feel as if I did more last night than any other night (not including my section with Vice and Josh). I'll try my best to explain. What I did was I sat down, eyes closed, and I spoke to her, mostly with my thoughts, and asked her to start a conversation. Anything she wanted to talk about. I had to completely clear my mind and relax my thoughts. It was very difficult and for a while I didn't hear a peep. However, I'm confident she asked me how I was. So I answered, and we continued to speak like such for an hour. It's also worth noting that when I "hear" her, she sounds like a thought. I don't hear her audibly with my ears, just my mind. Because of this, it's EXTREMELY hard to tell if its her talking or just me. Plus, a lot of her responses are short, 2-3 word replies that usually come before I've finished asking my question. Things like this worry me, as I'm afraid that its just my mind answering my questions. Also, it's probably worth noting that last night, when I was narrating, my head starting hurting a little from all the focus it took. I think that's a good sign, right? If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it a lot.