Imposition and Phantom Tail Syndrome

Riku Aotsuki

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though this would have no practical use, imposing a limb for yourself seems extremely badass. I don't see how it would be any different from going through hypnosis that would make you believe you were a different creature/animal. Wait, scratch that, the changes would only be aesthetic. It would make you believe you had different limbs, not make you believe you are the creature/animal associated with them.

My Tulpa

And then it cuts to a scene where you're sitting in a padded cell.

Would it be possible to impose animal (inverted knee and animal foot/paw) legs instead of normal legs? If so, I'll add that to my list of things that I learned from tulpa.info that can make you go insane :3

And that's how I ended up in this padded cell

PR

I knew someone who had every detail of an animal body fully imposed. So yes, it is possible, though taking it to such an extreme would likely basically be insanity.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

This looks interesting, but the problem is if it is equally difficult to create a tulpa, because it would be too much work for nothing.

I love a fox tail and ears, kitsune style.

Tulpa name: Kiä

Form: Three tails white fox (kitsune) "My image profile"

Sex: Female

Working on: Narration

Sorry if I have some grammatical errors, the english isn't my natal language. It's spanish.

I wonder if it's possible to make parts of the body seem smaller like this.

Possible cure for my gender dysphoria?

Except everyone else will be able to see that I have boobs...

Is it just me or do I think it's cool have to be able to feel cat ears?

That's on my list next, haha. I'm curious of how I'd force it through my hair, though...

I knew someone who had every detail of an animal body fully imposed. So yes, it is possible, though taking it to such an extreme would likely basically be insanity.

Must try...

I love a fox tail and ears, kitsune style.

As in nine-tailed? or as in fox? Fox yes, Nine tails I don't recommend... I speak from experience, it's almost impossible to sit comfortably and in general is hard to keep track of.

I wonder if it's possible to make parts of the body seem smaller like this.

Possible cure for my gender dysphoria?

Except everyone else will be able to see that I have boobs...

That'd be pretty cool. I'm curious, I'd like to hear about it if you try.

Back when I was in college during a psychology course I gave something similar to this a try. I was writing a paper on phantom limbs, and a major portion of it was devoted to the idea supernumerary phantom limbs (limbs that a person never had in the first place) and species dysphoria. The basic gist of it was that people with species dysphoria have supernumerary phantom tails/wings/ears/etc. because they pretty much forced those limbs into existence by concentrating and visualizing themselves constantly with those limbs, not because their "auras/energies" were those of another creature. And that they were actually feeling these limbs, rather than just faking it to feel like special snowflakes.

I wanted to write on first-hand experience, so I spent about a month imagining myself with cat ears and a tail. I would imagine their movements when I walked, and in response to my emotions. I would "touch" them and imagine how they felt. Sure enough, I started literally feeling them even though I have no spiritual attachment to the cat. It was... kind of awesome, I'll admit :) The most interesting thing was that I assumed if I stopped thinking about them long enough, they would go away. They did fade, but on occasion they seem to "pop into existence" at random times every few weeks or so.

But yes, if anyone here is currently trying to force phantom limbs on themselves and is stuck on a problem, I don't mind trying to help out! It is a rather interesting experience!