Imposition and Phantom Tail Syndrome

Riku Aotsuki

Why am I not seeing the appeal of this? Since it is only visual in most cases; and only visible for yourself; why care?

I'm not trying to threadcrap; just trying to understand the appeal. Read through the whole topic trying to find what it is.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why am I not seeing the appeal of this? Since it is only visual in most cases; and only visible for yourself; why care?

I'm not trying to threadcrap; just trying to understand the appeal. Read through the whole topic trying to find what it is.

From what I can understand, it's more than visual. Over time, it becomes as real as an imposed tulpa. It becomes, in essence, a part of you. That's why people find it appealing.

Because we love ourselves and we don't care what others think anyway. We want to add features we think are cool just for the fun of it. Other people don't need to see them.

It's actually better that it can't be seen by others. I like the idea that I can appear completely normal to others, bur secretly have these cool features.

I think of it as a fun experiment to try alter my appearance without actually altering my appearance. After I impose a set on nekomimi, I'm going to try make them functional. (as stated previously in this thread)

Because we love ourselves and we don't care what others think anyway. We want to add features we think are cool just for the fun of it. Other people don't need to see them.

It's actually better that it can't be seen by others. I like the idea that I can appear completely normal to others, bur secretly have these cool features.

I think of it as a fun experiment to try alter my appearance without actually altering my appearance. After I impose a set on nekomimi, I'm going to try make them functional. (as stated previously in this thread)

It smells of 中二病。 And i like it (*^_^*)

現実に抗え!

We chuuni now.

Still, I'm interested in this. Might try it, with wings in that case. Tiny ones - Haibane style.

Name: Philip

Form: Male teenage human, light brown hair, green eyes, jeans & hoodie

Name: Amalia

Form: Female teenage fairy, black hair, blue eyes, white dress

Because what I see myself as isn't just for showing off to others. Many people would feel more at home in a form that isn't quite like what their body is -- be it gender switch, ears, tail, different species, or something that doesn't even exist like slime-person (me!). It's easy enough to have it in dreams or imagined places; well, here's a chance to have it in real life too.

For some it's a question of not really feeling at home in their body. This isn't the case for me. I've always felt it was who I am, although more recently I started playing with other forms. I tried being female for one forcing session in order to make sure the brain would be able to properly generate sensations for my first tulpa. I noticed that I felt amazingly comfortable this way. Later I did it again, more permanently as a way to help separate from body sensations and enter the wonderland more vividly. This worked, and now I'm basically able to be in both places at once if I want and can afford to divide my focus. I eventually settled on being a slimegirl, which is really a very interesting form to play with. I can do things like melt, stretch, split off some part, etc. At present, I'm comfortable in either form, but ultimately I want to fully identify with my slimegirl form.

Ultimately my goal is to be an equal with my tulpae. The more equal we are, especially regarding the body, the easier it should be to switch. And attaching who I am to the body's form as I've done for most of my life is counter this goal. So, I want my own form to be different from the body, like my tulpae's are. And imposing my form would only make it even more real to me. Plus it just seems awesome.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Although no one else can see them or feel them, I would like to note that that doesn't necessarily make them useless!

For instance, the one thing I can't get out of my mind with the idea of imposed phantom limbs is how sensative you could make them.

Since no one else EXPERIENCES them, then their "use" comes down to how having them effects YOU.

Since finding this post I can't help but fantasize about how having super-sensative whiskers on your face would feel when a lover brushes your cheek, or kisses you...

I've personally tried imposing another form before, just for a day or two, to experiment. I have to say that it made emoting very very fun, particularly using my imposed ears. Feeling them tweek sideways, or lay back, or prick forward... it was a highly sensual and fantastic feeling.

I let go of that soon after in order to focus on my tulpa, and have since planned to come back to body imposition at some point. That was last August, so seeing this thread makes me happy-sauce.

I definitely recommend anyone who likes to toy with experiencing their imagination to try it. It is very, very unique.

I took a brief shot at cat ears a couple days ago. As I said earlier, I want to get my slimegirl form imposed eventually. However, focusing on the sensations of an entire form all the time is quite taxing.

I decided to do it piecewise. Get one part imposed or at least working somewhat automatically, then add another part. I started trying to visualize and feel a slime hand. It proved harder than I thought, since the physical sensations from the real hand kept distracting me when I didn't focus completely on it. And I can't focus 100% on it all day; I like to do other things too.

So, I've decided to begin with cat ears, where I don't have already existing sensations to cover up. Do that as practice and then start in on slime form.

BUT, I then decided to put the whole thing off for a while because my tulpae need my attention more than my ears do. Once they're more able to get my attention and talk to me without me focusing on them, then I'll start in on self-form imposition.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Wow... I really need to set aside some time to make that guide. School, work, and writing take up a lot of it though. And yeah, They could be just visual, but you could impose every sense on them, not just sight. Tulpae could interact with them flawlessly, and friends and lovers could figure it out, eventually. If I can get cat ears imposed my best friend will, without a doubt, play with them constantly.