synesthesia and tulpæ

I'm new to tulpaforcing (I've done all my necessary research! read all the guides here too), and before I get started, I have mild synesthesia which I am afraid will mess with my mind's eye. since I think in mostly shapes and colors. is there any special way I could go about this?

Wow, I don't think we've had anybody come through here with synesthesia...I'm trying to think of the implications here. I don't really see any issues, other than having the tulpae come through some of your other senses besides sight, which would be perfectly fine. Whatever allows you to define your tulpa or hold your focus on it works. Visual is just the most common, and experiencing them through the other senses should work fine too, or even make concentration greater which is a good thing.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

As for personality, it could probably help if you associate each of the tulpa's personality traits with a color or shape. I would explain to it why you associate that trait with that color/shape as well.

As for form, can you think in complex shapes or just simple ones? If complex, you it wouldn't be hard at all to do form. Just do little bits at a time. A finger is kinda like three rectangles with round ends connected.

Guest Anonymous

I want to think I have synaesthesia, but alas. But what you could do is imagine what each trait looks like to you and focus on what you see when tulpaforcing.

That depends on the form of synesthesia you have. I have Grapheme–color synesthesia, and it doesn't seem to affect forcing at all.

okay, thanks. I'm just afraid my brain will act all "lol u mad" and the tulpa will end up smelling purple or sounding orange or something like that. wish me luck, I'm going to do my first 3 hours (give or take) of tulpaforcing tonight :)

Edit: triple ninjad! @phi, I see in simple shapes (mostly waves) like squares and thick sine waves and the sort.

Edit again: oh, and I personify everything. every object, every letter, every visual and audio thing I unconsciously give a personality