Corvus's Draw Request Thread

corvus

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KingJick:

It's finally done, here you go!

http://www.deviantart.com/download/364642394/twi__scoots_and_dashie_in_the_sky_by_themightycoolblender-d613jve.png

iPhone Version:

http://i.imgur.com/5KSZfti.png

Maddilyn:

I've just started digitizing the sketches, so I'll be keeping posted ;).

Name: Luna (Used to be "Dashie")

Birthday: Jan 29, 2013

Form: Rainbow Dash

Stage: Imposition/Visualization/Voice

You have this odd side mouth thing going on. Can't say I like it, it doesn't really make them look cute or anything, I just wonder why they got a mouth on their cheek.

03cdd4d266a0a57b012151494d8a5bb3.PNG

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

I was wondering for a bit what you were specifically looking at but I think I know what you're meaning. Are you meaning the slight curving up of the side of the mouths?

It could be a result of how I constantly try to see if the drawing looks 'balanced' and I end up drawing the mouth at the side. I'm working on making sketches appear more 'solid'. Even my tulpa has suggested me to 'take into account what is not seen'.

Thanks for the catch!

that drawing is just epic.

-also-

How long have you been drawing?

-plus-

If you could it'd be interesting if you can pm me for further suggestions of how I could improve my art. It'd be really great if you can.

The Flounderface Disorder, common in "anime" style. One's mouth is to the front of the face or snout or whatever, if you can see a part of it from the side, you should be able to see it in the front of the snout or whatever too. There shouldn't be a break in the middle, you know? Don't just slap a cute little :3 mouth in there, the mouth is there so the whatever can eat and make sounds or whatever. Know why it is there and know what's behind it. Like, where the teeth would go, how's the skull going to look like when your mouth's to the side?

I can't say there's some certain time I've been drawing for, I've been drawing my whole life which isn't that long, but I guess there's been long periods of time when I haven't really done any improving because I dunno. Lazy maybe.

I think my posted link already is a good suggestion in general and not just emotions, but I can repeat and not even bothering to PM because lazy. It's going to be general unless you ask me to target some certain picture. Yeah, study life. "Style" is nothing more than a cheat to draw something faster, as photorealism would take fucking ages if that's the only thing we would have to draw in. It doesn't mean having your own style is bad, but it does mean that first you need to understand realism before you can apply style to it and make it look good. You can't look at style and copy it. A person who has studied people and knows anatomy draws a better anime human than one who just copies anime style and slaps pretty colors on top of it without really understanding what's under all that, you know? Look around you, study. You brain tries to fill in the blanks you're unsure of, but if you don't know how it should really go, your brain won't be able to get it right, either. That's why you gotta study and practice, you're not able to draw good fingers or able to draw them in weird positions unless you know how they work.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Thank you very much for the link!

For the most part my artistic base has been a combination of ukio-e woodblock prints and other people's work, where from those I attempted to capture the realist side of those sources. I think that what could've resulted was an 'outline' of the important basers (anatomy, perspective drawing, etc.) instead of full meat of them. I get form and balance but not anatomy and function.

I'll definitely read the face guide over again and start looking at /reality/ as an inspiration rather than other people's stylizations on it.

Again, Thank you

That photo you made (Sands) reminds me of an aardvark. Anyway, I came to this thread to look at pretty pictures and kick myself in the nuts over the years of my life I've tried learning to draw...so much money invested in classes and supplies ugh...

Anyway now I'm itching for a draw request.

image.thumb.jpg.b8a5bc0562f394cc91d056831cd731e6.jpg

I attached a file because iPhone and don't know if it will work for this post, but Kat's form is essentially this photo/character as far as face, height, build, and body proportions. The only difference is that she has blonde shoulder-length hair and wears a white t shirt, navy blue hoodie, red sneakers, and jeans.

EDIT: This photo has been my screensaver for a week and I just noticed it has a tail. Kat doesn't have this extra appendage.

Every time I post a request for this stuff I feel so detail oriented and self-centered >.>

I'll be happy if you draw me an apple honestly, thanks in advance regardless.

fourfiction, the idiot.

Maddilyn:

I've been really busy lately both and school and at home, so my work is going to be slower than usual.

Here's a WIP though:

http://i.imgur.com/slbGw86.jpg

Nonfiction:

I'd be happy to! (and don't worry, you're not self-centered ;) )