New site layout discussion thread.

Guest Anonymous

I think the forum blue is a bit too bright in the new one and the white is pretty meh on the front page. I guess Jimmy's shit might also work but I feel like going more to orange instead of shit brown would be nice.

Also why are you talking about Reddit like it looks good, it looks meh and is a confusing mess. Kinda like Tumblr. How the fuck do you even navigate those sites.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Something we actually will be doing, is having a bright/dark duel theme set for both. At least for the forums, we're just designing the darker theme before we design the lighter one (since, while the default forum theme will be lighter, most members here are used to the darker theme).

A night/day would be really interesting for the main site too, I'm sure there can be some css-javascript magic to allow that.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

I would prefer a color scheme closer to what it is now, but this idea to have a light version during the day and a dark version during the night could be interesting, if there is an option to lock it into one mode if preferred. Also, in order for a day/night thing to work, it would have to detect time zone, which it does not do now.

Also the favicon is messed up. It looks like it has two crossbars.

Guest ThunderClap

Something we actually will be doing, is having a bright/dark duel theme set for both. At least for the forums, we're just designing the darker theme before we design the lighter one (since, while the default forum theme will be lighter, most members here are used to the darker theme).

A night/day would be really interesting for the main site too, I'm sure there can be some css-javascript magic to allow that.

Oh yes. I love night/day themes.

I think this would be a good color scheme for the night theme, almost like what we have now.

gTNCc1p.png

More like 3cyan5me. Needs to be less saturated.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Guest Anonymous

4mspaint20 me

Seriously though, we had a colour related thread somewhere on this board. TC, you could always look at posts there.

Guest ThunderClap

4mspaint20 me

I'm not even using Windows.

But yeah, I'll have to take a look at the posts in the color thread.

The new forums are almost done, though you have to register and log in and change the theme manually (via User CP->Settings) to toggle between the light/dark; it's defaulting to 'light' right now.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png