Tulpa game

Tobias

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as i said the story will turn pro-tulpa .

and i never claimed any assocition with tulpa.info

>tulpa tells you to kill scientists

>somehow implying they aren't murderous schizophrenic mindfolk in this situation

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

>tulpa tells you to kill scientists

>somehow implying they aren't murderous schizophrenic mindfolk in this situation

i admit it sounds bad from this point of view. but before you judge, follow the project and see where it goes. if the result is still bad for you, then dont play it :)

Guest Anonymous

as i said the story will turn pro-tulpa .

and i never claimed any assocition with tulpa.info

Association and endorsement are two totally different things. By posting this thread your game is associated with tulpa.info. By recruiting members of tulpa.info to help the project you're associating with the site. Being endorsed - which you seem to be grabbing at here - is having a general approval by the website or members in which you'd be able to claim having.

Bravo.

i admit it sounds bad from this point of view. but before you judge, follow the project and see where it goes. if the result is still bad for you, then dont play it

You see, a good project shouldn't have the maker telling others to follow it because it'll be good. It should be done by being appealing in one way or another. Like, say, looking professional. Grammar is a great way to start; those capitalizations can be a real killer. A flashy, organized opening post wouldn't hurt either. A nice trickle of information is good as well. Mind spilling a few guts now? Let's see...

Q: "Some Scientists say they are evil and want to exterminate them." Why? What is the driving motive other than the stereotypical bad guy gunna do bad stuff? And if you haven't decided, a few theories would be nice.

Q: "by giving them devices to interact with the Astral plane (and guns to kill tulpae and humans)." Are we looking at some sort of helmet they put on and they magically technologically teleport into this astral plane? As a side note, could you give me some sort of definition of what an astral plane is? The wizards' descriptions are usually beyond me.

Q: "before one of them makes you realize your error and you kill the evil scientists now." How do you plan on going about this? The hero being some cruel sadist that enjoys slowly killing pastel horses until one convinces him his employers are the evil ones? Or a Kratos cliche in which the hero is haunted by his killings? From the little synopsis you gave this event seems pretty important.

Hopefully this will give you a bit to think about.

• 4 months later...

For all those who thought this was killed and abandoned you guys were wrong.

im actively picking up the project as soon as i am back from vacation, in the meantime have a link to the new project website http://tulpagame.wordpress.com/ (currently a worpress blog, if i get far enough i will go on my own server)

At the risk of being negative, I agree with imahaxor. A first person shooter is an awkward fit for the subject matter. Thoughtforms are all about construction, but FPSs are all about destruction. A puzzle game would work much better.

my thoughtform = Isis

her appearance = stylized rabbit with dark fur and glowing eyes

her developmental stage = imaginary friend

I liked the second idea better - seems more realistic...ish. XD

No, really, seems like it could/would happen. TULPA REBELLION!

Name: Jake

Talks: Within {}

Form: Brown furred, 5'6" (or so) anthropomorphic wolf.

after seeing the models, and really thinking about the story, this is gonna be a flop. stuff like "astral plane" mean nothing to anybody that doesnt into metaphysics, so this is just, no

Amelia- Oct. 7, 2012

Mitsuki- Oct. 31, 2014 

Also if you are gonna involve the use of tulpa in-game(idk as an ally or partner) you should include a character creator and tulpa creator. Not everybody has woona and twilot tulpas.

Amelia- Oct. 7, 2012

Mitsuki- Oct. 31, 2014