Can you really physically 'feel' your Tulpa at some point?

Seras

I see. (sorry if this drags away from the main topic) Does it feel weird seeing your tulpa even though you can't talk to them?

Maya:

- Human

- Female

- Created on September 16, 2013.

I don't really have much experience of this with Thunderfall yet (we don't touch very much apart from a quick hug or hoofbump - y'know, bros and all :P), but I have experienced something similar. I occasionally interact with a friend of mine through Skype by imposing his tulpa form into my wonderland and vice-versa and having him act out what he types, and my physical body does often give muted reactions to his touch.

As another example, my own tulpa form has wings, and if I concentrate hard enough on moving them I can feel a strange tension around my collarbones; I have even felt pain and stiffness in them when I fudged up a dive, sufficient to make me think that I should stay off them for a while.

I believe that if you are deeply invested in what's going on in your wonderland then your mind can begin to process it as being real and make your body react accordingly.

Thunderfall (goes by Thunder)

Male human

Melody

Female lamia

• 2 weeks later...

Does a tingling sensation on your body unexpectedly or a poke on your body normal for what you should experience with them touching you? Or do I have to ask them if it was them?

"Listening to her heartbeat makes me feel alive." - Hyde

Name: Hyde

Form: Human

Done: Form, Personality, Sentient, Visualization

Working on: Imposition (vocal/visual/touch)

• 8 years later...
(edited)

Can I see and touch the tulpa as a physical person in the real world? I have heard that after a period of making the tulpa they can be seen and known tangibly in the real world just for me . Can someone answer me? 

Edited by Ayselhony

46 minutes ago, Ayselhony said:

Can I see and touch the tulpa as a physical person in the real world? I have heard that after a period of making the tulpa they can be seen and known tangibly in the real world just for me . Can someone answer me? 

Not necessarily. It's not something that's going to magically happen on its own one day. (Okay, at least not without having an actual psychotic episode.) You need to practice a lot, because you need to trick your brain into perceiving your tulpa is there as a separate, physical being. Being predisposed to hallucinating would help, but if you're not it will be much harder. Even with practice then there's no guarantee that your brain is going to agree to perceive someone who isn't actually physically there.

Doc (she/her) = Host

Franklyn (he/him) = Tulpa

It takes a lot of work and practice, and is called "imposition". Similar to practicing and improving your visualization of your tulpa, or the clarity of their voice, imposition is a skill that you improve over time. It's generally much harder/takes a lot more work than visualization, though. Any senses are viable to impose, and really just consist of you attempting to sense them as such.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

(edited)

I can attest that it can happen spontaneously in a calm relaxed state, in hypnagogia, or even randomly throughout the day, but other than being close to an altered state of consciousness like when drawing or even meditating, it's not anything I could make happen on demand anywhere close to when it happens spontaneously. 

In order of frequency: Touch, smell, sound, sight, heat (as separate from touch in that it was a radiant heat as of someone was there and very close.)

These are almost imposed senses (hallucinations) not initiated by me but perfectly synced to happenings either in mindspace imagination or imposed imagination on the environment and also not necessarily imagined by me personally as the host.

As imagination is something they can and often do initiate on their whim and these impositions happen to occur almost exclusively therein. I would say it's as little as 1/10th the sensation when I am "controlling the imagination" when it has happened on demand but over time it is naturally getting stronger.

However, memories of the interaction, especially imposed imagination, can be indiscernible from other memories up to and including a sense of actual memory that is just as fulfilling and sometimes confusingly real.

This has been a process that was pronounced by the 9th month after vocality, around the same time as switching was learned for us

I want to further say that the body and its senses are a shared resource and eventually you don't think of the body as exclusively yours so even after switching it's not so much that the fronter owns the body as the fronter associates to the body. The body is the thing that must be trained and in my experience anything any headmate learned through the body is available to everyone else except where there is a mental block in one or more headmates preventing the activity such as anxiety, fear, or triggers which are again in my experience specific to one or more headmates but not all in most cases.

Edited by Bear

I agree that memories feel even realer than the original experience, for what that's worth.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• 4 weeks later...

Limio often feels it when I touch her, but it's faint.

I can sing while the body cannot if that counts

Your tulpa would be able to make the decisions on their own

Yes I started receiving head tingles and other tingles in parts that were erotic to our connection and consciousness—- she would force when I wasn’t showing her any attention and really was in a world of her own - building on her personality ect but I would feel her body more easily than cuddling was concerned… it took less longer to connect to that astral part of her where it was real…