Is there evidence against creating established characters?

I've been going though all the guides and a number of different threads, and I keep seeing people say that it's a bad idea to create a tulpa based on a character with a well established personality. However, I'm not seeing any first hand experiences as to why it's a bad idea. People repeatedly state that they "might feel bad because they can't live up to the character on the show", or something to that effect, but how many people have actually had bad experiences with this? If this is true, then whose to say it's not just your subconscious fucking over the personality of the tulpa because you read somewhere that it was a bad idea? Obviously there is no way to prove this, but to me it seems like all the "don't do X or Y will happen" advice may be the root cause of some of these problems, and that without the power of suggestion these issues would never occur.

Now, assuming I believe everything I've read on these forums is correct, then how should I go about dealing with the personality issue? If I force the appearance and personality of my tulpa, but explicitly plant the idea that I don't expect her to be exactly like the character she is based on, then is that enough mental preparation to prevent any negative self-respect traits in my tulpa? If not, then would changing a few traits of her personality be sufficient?

The problem with an established personality is, like you said, your expectations. If you're fine with your expectations not being met, it should be ok. The main problem is giving the tulpa backstory.

You find a lot of this type of stuff in the community. Supposedly you don't want to:

>Fall asleep forcing

>Have sex with your tulpa

>Make a tulpa of an established character

>Parrot your tulpa

>Make too specific a personality

>Make too broad a personality

These are just some examples of things people claim will cause terrible things to happen or ruin your tulpa. There are some accounts about the sex thing, but they're conflicting. For everything else, there's no evidence to support it--just speculation. In fact, a lot of people around here do some or all of those things and the tulpa police haven't come for anyone yet.

Well, I never did claim that falling asleep while forcing will ruin a tulpa but Clair does feel very strongly against it from experience. In any case to answer the OP, I think there have been a couple cases of tulpa being suicidal from having backstories (Such as having a family in the back story and the like) and then not being able to see or have any of the things in the back story. Having a pre-established character creates worry for having them not be able to live up to the creator's expectations, and them having a possible identity crisis. I don't think there's been proof of this yet, however. Pretty much what GId3on said; we have these things that are generally frowned upon, but don't have much back up yet, only theory. Apparently excessive parroting makes sentience more difficult; who knows? Having sex with tulpae has the potential for them to become addicted to the charges; like GId3on said, several accounts exist, and the majority have leaned towards the bad side. Not too sure about the broad and specific personality stuff though; I don't recall hearing too much about that. And like I said, Clair feels very strongly against the whole falling asleep thing; says something along the lines of it being a very frightening experience for developing tulpae, so take from that what you will.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

Rhyme's tulpa, which was based on yukari from persona 3, had stopped talking for a while because she thought she couldn't live up to the character.

I remember a guy who was making a twilight sparkle tulpa. Remember Lesson Zero? Yeah that pretty much happened. Except with blood and screams. So I advise avoiding that route just to be safe.

"Your parents will never be magic talking horses"

-Anonymous

What if something like this happens

Well, I wasn't planning on sleeping anyways.

I must have ended up on the wrong planet. Everything here is so strange.