Is there evidence against creating established characters?

I remember a guy who was making a twilight sparkle tulpa. Remember Lesson Zero? Yeah that pretty much happened. Except with blood and screams. So I advise avoiding that route just to be safe.

Shit...

Is actually Leo.

I remember a guy who was making a twilight sparkle tulpa. Remember Lesson Zero? Yeah that pretty much happened. Except with blood and screams. So I advise avoiding that route just to be safe.

That is terrifying, but does anybody have a link to the actual post? I want to know if it's a troll. If it turns out to be true, then I want to find out exactly where he went wrong so I don't end up duplicating his problems. Any examples with other characters would also be great.

Thanks for all the responses so far guys. This forum moves faster than I expected.

I think there are some facts in the "How to avoid thread"

I must have ended up on the wrong planet. Everything here is so strange.

This forum moves faster than I expected.
That's because we're all bored as Hell.

Yet, none of us seem to take that as an advantage in order to spend more time on Tulpaforcing.

I must have ended up on the wrong planet. Everything here is so strange.

That is terrifying, but does anybody have a link to the actual post? I want to know if it's a troll. If it turns out to be true, then I want to find out exactly where he went wrong so I don't end up duplicating his problems. Any examples with other characters would also be great.

Thanks for all the responses so far guys. This forum moves faster than I expected.

It was on 4chan in the old days (like two months ago).

"Your parents will never be magic talking horses"

-Anonymous

Which is why GId3on is quietly making more progress than most of the people here. He's spending time forcing rather than browsing here.

Orange juice helps with concentration headaches.

Alright, I've decided to go through my original plan and just create the character I wanted. I'm going to avoid any backstory, and speak to it as if it was an original creation. If things go south, then I will be "that guy" who failed horribly, and you can use me as an example of what not to do in the future.

So anyway, I'm trying to form my tulpa's personality now, but right now it just feels like I'm talking to myself. I believe I'm supposed to close my eyes and visualize a "tulpa seed" (in my case I'm using a bucket that I'm filling with personality traits) as I tell the tulpa exactly what its personality is and how it relates to the world around it, but I'm having a really hard time visualizing the "seed" as I talk. If I can't keep the visual going, then are my words wasted on myself?

It's not necessary to visualize your tulpa during personality development. This is entirely optional and can wait until you reach the actual visualization stage. I say just focus on the personality for now until you get some form of sentience, then move on.

Also, what TOG said.