Can a tulpa have multiple forms?

Raff88

There is a concept in the multiple community called age sliding. An alter will change age in mentality and headspace form based on need, mood, or I suppose being triggered and needing to escape to a more innocent mindset.

I don't know of any tulpas who change in that way, as far as aging up and down is concerned. I suppose it could be possible, but I don't know if it would be something they would continue with when they reached relative amounts of independence. When a Tulpa is symbolically created as if 'born' I have seen quickly 'aging' tulpas that start as infants and move up to a certain point. I am sure anything is really possible, depending on the situation.

My second Tulpa changes forms very often. Ah has two main forms, human and animal. She also spends a great deal of time exploring various other animal forms, or trying out the form of a favorite character. She doesn't change personality based on the form she is in, but mood does play a role in how she views herself, so when she is feeling more silly she is more likely to choose a sillier form, etc.

My first was originally meant to change forms at will, but as time went on he decided he did not like changing forms and he chose to keep a single form.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the tula exists within the confines of your mind, then anything is possible so yes, and some members (pros prior mentioned) have alternate forms for their tulpa or age sliding.

But now that you mention it, I can't think of anyone bringing up age-sliding...

This guy asks almost as many questions as I do... :-:

Tulpa: Adryan Form: Anthro wolf-ish Stage: *sighs loudly*

“Human beings can always be relied on to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid”

-Dean Koontz

“In the end, I worry that my arrogance shall destroy us all”

-Brandon Sanderson

Thunderfall experimented with different forms in his early days, he tried being a colt instead of a stallion, and also took the form of a Sim version of himself I made. To my lasting shame I convinced him to change back each time because I was under a lot of stress and didn't feel I could cope with the change. So he doesn't have multiple forms, but he HAS been able to change, even recently.

Thunderfall (goes by Thunder)

Male human

Melody

Female lamia

Duvain is a soul-like golden whisp. I build forms for him in my mind, and he just sort of fills them. I wanted him to have an established form fast, but I also wanted to spend a LOT of time making him flawlessly detailed. Does this count?

Duvain does not approve of this message.

Well, anyone's tulpa can change forms if they want, and there is no real limit to how many times they can do so. Some have tulpas who they consider to be "shapeshifters", where they change forms liberally; and I've seen others whose tulpas change in between a few recurring forms. As far as the age of the form goes, sure, they can conceivably look any age they want to--there's no restriction on that; it's just a mind form, after all.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Thread merged because it has been asked before.

My tulpa Nobillis has two main forms, a human and as an assassin pony. At times she sometimes takes the form of other species, but always she looks much the same. She was created to be a shapeshifter from the start.

Nobillis has already posted here.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

Yes it can, mine shapeshifts often it seems to have a base for that it dislikes but I honestly don't care enough to change it. I do notice a few errors with its shapeshifting though, one I really notice is even if it transforms into an animal like a bird or fish to the touch it still feels like skin though it should feel like feather or scale.

Sorry about the multiple thread faux pas. I've never joined a forum before. I'll remember to search first next time.

There is a concept in the multiple community called age sliding. An alter will change age in mentality and headspace form based on need, mood, or I suppose being triggered and needing to escape to a more innocent mindset.

Oh wow, I didn't even think about having one change in mentality. I was thinking I'd give mine a personality that was a sort of balance between adult and child so that the mentality would not seem jarring or at least not particularly odd in whatever form it's using. I'm assuming that giving it one mentality would prevent it from no longer wanting to use a child-like form once it got more independent, too.

and as an assassin pony

Lol, that's awesome. The physical design I have in mind for mine is loosely based off of Connor from ACIII.

You should create a templar pony to mess with Nobillis, haha.

I do notice a few errors with its shapeshifting though, one I really notice is even if it transforms into an animal like a bird or fish to the touch it still feels like skin though it should feel like feather or scale.

This makes a lot of sense to me. I'm surprised that so many people have tulpae that can shift spontaneously with no issue (that has been mentioned anyway) because it seems to me that it would be more like this situation, and you'd have to force more to be able to properly feel the different textures of what they've shifted into, as well as new movements that they would make in that form and things like that. Maybe I'm over-thinking it though?

Much thanks to all who replied. It's quite the interesting topic. Age sliding is definitely something we'll have to try.

• 3 years later...

Hello everyone!

I am new here, although a single look at my account would make that abundantly clear. I have been interested in tulpae/tulpas (dunno which is preferred) for many years, however I have not had the discipline to focus on creating one until recently. However, before doing so, I would prefer doing research and not end up unhappy with my resulting companion.

Part of this research is a multiform tulpa. The truth is, all my life I have had trouble with indecision, and thus love to surround myself in activities that either are unpredictable or ever changing. Thus I would prefer a companion which fits my needs, with a form that is able to change to better fit our needs, since most likely they will end up as ever-changing as myself. As a user previously mentioned, I was thinking of a smaller, more orb-like or wisplike form to start, and then give them many forms to choose from. However, is it more reliable for me to settle on this original form, or settle on something simpler and more specific and just simply say that it is allowed to change forms at will? In essence, I suppose I am asking, should I create my tulpa with intent to force it to be a shapeshifter and give it a base form which has no features, or to give it the base form of, say, a human, and allow it to choose to be a shapeshifter? I am simply afraid that if I choose a form with too much detail it will end up to where later I choose a different form and have to start from scratch. This is only a concern because it was a problem in the past, of course.

Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

All tulpas are inherent shapeshifters should they choose to pursue that ability. The purpose of a single form early on is to provide a focus to stabilise and strengthen the tulpa during forcing.

Overall, I'd say, do whatever, as the risks are small and the benefits are small for any decision unless you start to run into problems with forcing.

Edit: The absolute most important part of tulpaforcing is habit forming. This means training yourself and manipulating your psychology to desire tulpaforcing. Pursue the course of action that is most interesting to you.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.