Quantum's Nametag method

Quantum

Question

There aren't many guides on the forums about making the initial connection with your tulpa. This can be a time of great stress for many, and it seems odd to me that there aren't more guides out there.

I'm really bad at forcing. Both with keeping a schedule, and with staying focused. So I went about 3 months without much serious progress with communication. Then I thought of this, and told Eris to try it.

It worked literally overnight.

It works this way: I never think of myself by name. Ever. It doesnt happen. But I usually address Eris by name when I talk to her. I'll think "Hey Eris, blablabla" or "Eris, look at th-blabla."

I told her, quite simply, to address me by name when trying to tell me something. I have a pretty serious case of ADD, so I constantly have a barrage of thoughts running through my head. It wouldn't be difficult for her thoughts to simply get lost or drowned out in the mix.

But if she tags a thought with my name, it would stick out to me.

The very next day, I was derping around in Art class, starting a new bit of work without enough time left in class to really get far on it.

Somewhere in the whirlwind of my mind, something thought, "Noah, we don't have time to start this now." It was most definetely her.

This is my method for helping start initial communication. After she said that, I sort of 'traced' where the thought came from, and currently we are working on strengthening the whole system.

I hope this helps anyone who has the same problem I did.

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

>definetely

For shame.

Nah otherwise though, solid tip material. Approved.

As for tags, I think it also has a lot to do with vocalization as the tip is for getting your tupper to answer to you in a way that is easy for you to notice. Dunno if you meant you would remove the vocalization tag or what, waffles.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

This is definitely a guide submission that allows the host to go through a self-fulfilling prophecy, and allows using other methods as a supplemental help with having their tulpa referencing their host's name for once. I think something subtle like this is glanced over for newcomers (especially when there was a guide submission that suggested the host refers to "we" instead of "I'm going to do this").

Approved for Tips.

TL;DR:

>Self-fulfilling prophecy

>Request their tulpa(s) to reference their host's name

>Host goes through mannerisms of being suggestive to responses knowing their tulpa will most likely refer to their name

>Practice long enough, mind may have augmented cognition to make things easier in communication

>Tulpa is fluently vocal

>Fulfilled

10/10 would approve for tips & tricks.

We don't have any tag for getting tuppers vocal? What?

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

You might get the sentience confirmed by having them talk but I dunno, you can get the sentience way earlier than any actual speech. Kinda weird when it comes to tags I guess.

Blank vote (leaning toward disapproval, if can't opt out of this vote), Tips and Tricks.

The tip is mostly fine, although I question its usefulness:

I had asked my tulpa to do something similar, long before this guide was written, and it sort of "worked", but it didn't really make me trust that the answer really came from my tulpa. What worked instead? The tulpa learning to communicate emotionally and having that person "essence" feeling - if a thought was theirs, you would end up implicitly knowing it came from them and it would usually be surprising as it wouldn't feel caused by you - it would feel as if the thought is theirs, no matter how simple or complex the thought was.