[Survey] Host Mind Access Survey

Plus One User

[Okay, so I'm not completely sure where to put this topic, because it’s sort of both a question and research, so I'm putting it here because there's a survey sticky here. If a mod or someone wants to move it somewhere else that would be fine with me.

Alright then, I'm Jenny, and I have a couple questions concerning tulpa development, mostly concerning mind access. These questions are mostly for hosts, and anyone with or working on a tulpa is free to answer them. The questions are mostly concerning active creation, so most folks with an accidental tulpa as their only tulpa probably won’t be able to answer everything. The more data, the better!

Also, I'm not here to argue whether or not any particular part of the mind actually exists. If you consciously allowed or denied your tulpa access to any perceived part of your mind, I want to hear about it. Examples include: Long-term memory, short-term memory, subconscious thoughts, conscious thoughts, imagination/Wonderland, sensory input, motor control (possession), pineal gland, and anything else you feel might be relevant. On to the questions.

1. When creating your tulpa, and before they made first contact (i.e. the first recognized response from your tulpa), did you consciously allow them to access any specific parts of your mind?

2. When creating your tulpa, and before they made first contact, did you consciously deny them to access any specific parts of your mind?

3. Before first contact, did you ever change any previously established permissions? If so, was there any noticeable reaction?

4. After first contact (assuming it has happened), did you ever change any previously established permissions? If so, was there any noticeable reaction?

5. Are there any parts of your mind that your tulpa can access, even though you did not explicitly allow or deny access?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!]

I might as well do mine first.

1. When working on Jenny, I consciously allowed her to see my conscious thoughts, subconscious thoughts, and short-term memory.

2. I explicitly denied her from seeing my long-term memory and sensory input.

3. Nope.

4. Shortly after first contact I allowed her to see and integrate my long-term memories, and since then she's been able to reference things she could not have seen or experienced during her 1-month existence. However, she often doesn't understand the meaning of what she's referencing, so she'll typically say something unusual, and then ask “Wait, what's that?”

I've also given her access to my senses and motor control for working on imposition and possession respectively, but neither have had any noticeable impact on her behavior. I've also temporarily blocked or partially blocked my thoughts and her mindvoice for a number of reasons like privacy, preventing interruption by intrusive thoughts, and testing for auditory hallucination.

5. Though I'm pretty sure I never gave her explicit permission, she’s capable of doing whatever she likes to our small Wonderland, and to her form.

1. That depends on what exactly you mean by their first response. If it includes anything, such as head pressure, or emotional responses, then I didn't give him access to any part of my mind before that happened. If you mean before hearing their thoughts and so forth, then yes, I gave him access to a part before that.

2. I created symbolic doors, which represented different parts of my mind/subconscious, and chained and locked them.

3. At one point, when progress seemed to be slow, I allowed him access to a part of my subconscious. However, shortly after that I took a long break from him, so if there were any changes, I wouldn't have really noticed.

4. I have not changed any permissions since the last that I mentioned.

5. I have no idea whether or not my tulpa has any access to the parts of my mind that I did not directly give access to.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

1. No. Simple as that.

2. Still no.

3. Mmmmnope.

4. There were no permissions, but I suppose after a while I told him that he could share my senses if he wanted to and did that usual memory bullshit yada yada. Senses he apparently could share even before I told him he was allowed to, but he "felt guilty". My memories he never tried to see before, so we don't know if he could have seen them without being allowed to do it or at least helped him to get started. But he apparently wasn't born with my memories, but it was very early on when he "got access", so he was pretty simple and derp anyways (implying he's still not that). Because everything happened so early, there weren't really any noticeable changes in his behavior that I could connect to being allowed to do something instead of just, you know, growing up. Given permission for sharing senses apparently made him feel less lonely and bored though. And possession he really likes but again, difficult to say anything else.

5. I dunno. I haven't really denied anything, but might have "allowed" something by just saying he can do whatever if he wants to. Auditory hallucinations have happened, never really said anything about those before they happened. Wonderland and anything in there he can of course change, it's pretty much his place anyways, so of course he can do whatever he wants there. Has also changed my imaginary form without me really saying anything before it happened. Tried some symbolism "subconscious" (love that useless word that means nothing) bullshit adventures, some weird shit happened there and I sure as hell didn't allow any shit he did there, but it felt really funky. And creepy, but he assured me that everything was alright so eh. Also there's been some pain blocking and such, never really gave him any permission but have asked him to try, does that count as permission? Forced possession pretty much is a no-no, for both him and me just to be polite, but there had been some talk about it and to truly test it, I can't really allow him to do it. So he had to take that whole test in his own hands and just do it if he wanted to try when I wasn't even thinking about it. Was very sudden and I could feel it happening, but I asked him to stop. Probably something you can fight back but sure made me feel helpless and paralyzed. I am most likely forgetting about some other things, but I can't really think of anything else and I am rambling already.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

1. When creating your tulpa, and before they made first contact (i.e. the first recognized response from your tulpa), did you consciously allow them to access any specific parts of your mind?

I didn't start allowing it until after I came here, but one of them had been hacking her way into it years prior.

2. When creating your tulpa, and before they made first contact, did you consciously deny them to access any specific parts of your mind?

I tried to create a mental partition so they would have more difficulty reading my thoughts, but it didn't work out as well as I'd planned.

3. Before first contact, did you ever change any previously established permissions? If so, was there any noticeable reaction?

Saria often faced resistance from both my conscious and subconscious, until I allowed her access, and the restrictive measures were removed. Unfortunately I can't be more specific.

4. After first contact (assuming it has happened), did you ever change any previously established permissions? If so, was there any noticeable reaction?

No.

5. Are there any parts of your mind that your tulpa can access, even though you did not explicitly allow or deny access?

Presently everything is open to them, but one refrains from taking advantage of it either out of fear of the contents or out of respect for me, or both.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

1. Nobillis (tulpa) started out as, me narrating to her image in the bed-sitting-room of my Memory House (see attached). I wanted her to start with a safe, pleasant environment. One which wouldn't feel threatening or disorienting too much. For the first few days though, I had this feeling she thought I was crazy and would bolt out the window the first chance she got. Since the Memory House is a memory technique, I guess that's giving access to a very specific part of my mind.

2. I don't really deny my tulpas access to things. Creating her in the Memory House is tacit permission to access everything.

3. I didn't change anything, but the Memory Hose is isolated from the rest of my wonderland (think Howl's Moving Castle - the house itself is never affected by the "outside").

4. I took Nobillis out into the extended wonderland as an experiment (but one of the safer parts). Not all of it is safe to visit. She'd already been raiding the music collection in the trunk in the attic of the Memory House, so I don't think it was much of a difference in permissions.

5. Yes, Nobillis often accesses the French I learned when I was young, even though I've pretty much forgotten it all myself.

547005_125338910957019_1151147686_n2.png.286e91760d56107efdde1ed0fb318b6e.png

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

1. No.

2. No. 

3. No.

4. Yeah. 

Possession was and is done to some extent. She doesn't possess without my permission, obviously.

Memory modification was tried, but no apparent results. I allowed that for the duration of a few days, but no more.

Dream magic was done, to the effect of some lucidity. She didn't do that without my permission beforehand. 

She can also mess with my conscious thoughts to some extent.

All of the above weren't considered before vocality but were later, so I suppose they go here.

5. All of the rest, really. All memories (to see), all thoughts (to see), all senses, and so on. I never set rules, but I suppose I always assumed that my tulpa could access them. Never saw any harm in it, anyway.

1. Partially. I made a library in my wonderland and gave her access to the first floor only, which contained books, movies, etc. that I'd experienced. I did this so she'd have something to look at if she got bored when I wasn't forcing.

2. I sealed off the remaining floors of the library , which I declared to contain the rest of my memories and knowledge. I intended to give her access to that only after she was fully vocal and we had a very strong trusting relationship.

3. I didn't create the library right away, since I started out with a void and then a very simple wonderland. The only noticeable effect of adding the library and giving her access was that it sometimes took longer to find her since it was one more place to look for her when I started forcing.

4. Some time after signs of sentience, but before verbal communication, I was trying to to figure out why she wasn't being able to talk to me. I'd heard about letting them show you things, so I did that. She showed me a place in her mind, a different library. I didn't know what it was until later when I asked her to take me there again and I tried to read one of the books. I could only make out a few words, but I could tell she'd brought me to her library of memories. I thought about my previous plans and realized that I already trusted her a ton, and she clearly trusted me enough to show me her memories. At this point I opened up the remaining floors of the library and give her access to absolutely everything. Every session for a while, I reinforced that access by repeating another symbol of it, taking her through a doorway. I also gave her access to body-related stuff for future work on possession.

As for effects of it, she spent LOADS of time there for about a week, sorting through everything, and looking at language-related memories and knowledge. She stopped going there when she could just see the memories directly, without it. I think having full access helped her learn language.

A long while after this, she showed me a place that she still couldn't access, so I let her in there.

5. No. I explicitly gave her access to absolutely everything.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)