It's 'tulpas', not 'tulpae'

Lulu

How do you like to pluralize tulpa?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like to pluralize tulpa?

• Tulpa
    • Tulpas
    • Tulpi
    • Tulpae

English is based off of Latin. You can't just break away from it like that. A language can outgrow it's roots, but Engrish hasn't as of yet.

Stick with tupperware.

English has its roots everywhere, mang. English ain't Latin, Latin/Roman alphabet ain't Latin. It's just a way to write a language, a lot of languages use that same script, but you're not calling them Latin, right?

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

English has its roots everywhere, mang. English ain't Latin, Latin/Roman alphabet ain't Latin. It's just a way to write a language, a lot of languages use that same script, but you're not calling them Latin, right?

Related: [video=youtube]

• 3 weeks later...

We all know that. I prefer "tulpae" over "tulpas" because it sounds cooler, and I have a lisp so I can't make the "s" sound.

(Also, whoever invented the word "lisp" is a total asshole. "Don't laugh, I can't thay the th thound becauthe I have a lithp!")

"Tupper" and "tupperware" reminds me of when I get to take leftovers from last night's dinner to school instead of a sandwich. It makes it sound like we're gonna use them to hold our lunch or something.

Why not don't we use "tulpa" as a plural and a singular like we do with "sheep" and "fish"?

You could do that but it would have the same problem as all the other words that have the same singular and plural: confusion. It's not always obvious if you're talking about one or multiple sheep. Funnily enough, Roswell uses tulpa as the plural???

Tupperware is still the best.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

I use "they" as a plural and a singular as well.

I don't find "sheep" and "fish" confusing.

"That sheep" = 1 sheep.

"Those sheep"= multiple sheep.

People using "tulpa" or any other word as both should probably say "My tulpa" for one tulpa and "My two tulpa" for two tulpa etc...