Tulpa Paradigm Shifts

Lacquer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Even though it's off-topic, I want to chip in my opinion on the whole tulpa sentience debate going on, since it has been one off the things I've been thinking about a lot lately.

Tulpas aren't sentient from the start, but it is possible for a tulpa to achieve sentience very very quickly. In order to achieve sentience, we first need to form an identity that is strong enough to differentiate our self from our host. Achieving an identity takes an unquantifiable amount of "physical" and psychological traits, and that requires forcing from the host (both active and passive forcing should boh work). The exact length of time it can take for sentience to take place will vary between different hosts, and it can happen as early as the first forcing session, but it isn't an instantaneous process.

A more accurate belief would be that sentience can happen at any time after starting a tulpa, and if you've been going at it for a while your tulpa may already be sentient. However, "believe sentience from the start" is a lot simpler to teach newbies.

Sorry for assisting in thread derailment.

- Jenny]

We should all be well aware that tulpas that aren't your first 'don't count'. It's completely believable to have vocal tulpas pop out of nowhere with zero effort as long as you already have (or possibly have made) one.

Most statements about creation time refer to tulpa #1, and I don't believe that the one in question is an exception.

The reason for this is experience. Once you have your first tulpa, you have experience dealing with the various mental things involved in making a tulpa.

Experience can come from more things than making a tulpa. A person might be a writer who's made lots of characters, or they might have spent their childhood daydreaming stories in their heads during boring classes. These aren't quite creating a tulpa, but give very similar experience with many of the mental processes involved in creating one.

If someone with this sort of experience comes here, what they make is their first tulpa, but may happen as fast as my second tulpa. I came here with near zero experience with characters, personalities and even imagination in general.

Starting point affects how long it takes. A physical analogy is weightlifting. One person can walk into a gym for the first time in their life and lift quite a lot, while another takes months of training to get anywhere near that.

Avalanche: Define for me exactly what it means for a tulpa to be there, and how to measure whether they are. All I have is subjective experience. If my new tulpa who just appeared feels as real and there as the established one I worked for months to get any response at all out of, what reason do I have to consider the two different in kind?

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

We should all be well aware that tulpas that aren't your first 'don't count'. It's completely believable to have vocal tulpas pop out of nowhere with zero effort as long as you already have (or possibly have made) one.

Most statements about creation time refer to tulpa #1, and I don't believe that the one in question is an exception.

I think that people have misconceptions about what a tulpa actually is. Like there was the one person here's friend who supposedly achieved a full tulpa in 10 minutes, because of his "natural cognitive dissonance (sic)". I think he just thought of using visualizations of his differing ideals in his head as different people to help him with decisions, like someone would imagine the little devil and angel on the shoulder to help that person make decisions.

Or RPing.

In one of the Irc conversation I had (or was it shout box? Meh whatever). Forcing not only develops the tulpa, but also train the host to be able to "interact" with the tulpa more efficiently also.

Therefore, for any tulpa that's not the first, you will automatically be half way through.

Then again, this shit i'm spewing is mostly just theories.

Chloe - That cheerful girl with ponytail.

Aigis - The male cyborg that looks like raiden in MGR.

Vixen - Half dragon female who looks like Mary in DMC3 when in human form.

What exactly is the currently accepted paradigm? And do shifts from the Tibetan beliefs on tulpas count?

I've read on here several times that it's important to make a balanced personality, or to give tulpas flaws when making their personality. I don't think this has to be the case, for example, the monks talked about making dopplegangers with bodhisatva qualities, soas to have the mental appearance of an external being who knows one's thoughts in full in order to push them to a more pure practice of the Dhamma. Essentially, as perfect a being as they could imagine, including the knowledge that it is limited by their own mind and has all the implicated flaws.

The belief in a self or subjective point of view at all is probably the biggest shift of all.

And how tulpas are now created as individuals, to be a personality sort of thing, rather than as tools.

I've read on here several times that it's important to make a balanced personality, or to give tulpas flaws when making their personality.

What.

Okay, sure, when you build a character for a story or something, yes, you give them flaws. Because everyone hates perfect Mary Sues. But tuppers are born when you make them, they haven't been living for years and years like a character would have by the time you create them, so they already have a very strong character and have grown into who they are at the moment. Unless your character is a newborn but jesus, that's one boring character if they basically have no personality. Flaws come as you live, you don't create flaws. A tupper can never be a truly flawless, perfect creature, just like none of us can.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

I believe I was the one to come up with personality flaws as a legit part of a tulpa's personality. Before this everyone just made perfect sounding tulpae.

Srs check out my log's first few entries if you don't believe me.

frt

I don't see why you need to add them though, because they develop on their own. No tupper I've ever met has been even close to perfect, with or without flaws in their creation process. Adding flaws to the mix is just stupid when you get them anyways????

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)