Guide to Tulpa Control

testing

Question

(edited)

Reformatted version: here

This is the shortened version of the guide that only shows how to do possession and switching, the other guide has information on how to merge, and additional information such as more details on the process and a questions section. If you want to read that guide it is here. This shortened guide also has a pastebin if that is more convenient for you here <3

This guide is simply a shortened version of the guide that is shortened to 5 of the 13 sections taken directly.

A personal note, i have been switching for a while now and have used many different techniques, the one below is the one that i have found both effective and easy to explain compared to what the other things are. This is Version 1.0, and will be edited if need be. Im posting it because i have had a few people get good results with it.

Disclaimer

This guide requires a rather well developed tulpa, as it does put some strain on the host and tulpa. They should be sentient vocal and have had sufficient time to be comfortable in their own bodies before they use anyones besides theirs. Additionally do not attempt movements that put you or your tulpa at risk such as walking fast around your house at least until you are confident and trained that you can control the whole body. It is advised to train on your bed as well so if you fall you wont be injured as much

There is no set time that this guide and process will take, i have sped it up but it can be your first try (such as me) or it could take weeks who knows

Introduction:

I will first assume that you are aware of what switching is but in case you dont, it is when the tulpa can use the hosts body as if it were her own and the host is moved into a temporary mindform. This guide is made to allow for the host and tulpaes to switch much easier and smoother and also learn an easy method of possession following the same tecniques. If you are not at all willing to give your body to your tulpa temporarily, or permanantly as Koomer has done, then sadly this guide will not work for you. We do recommend reading Oguigis possession and the other switching guide as well, to increase your understanding of the processes involved with said methods. That being said the rest of the guide will be the real method

The Shortened Tulpa Guide to Easy Switching

Definitions:

Mindvoice: What you and your tulpa speak in to yourselves and each other

Possession: When a tulpa can control the hosts body

Switching: Switching places with the tulpa so the tulpa is in the place of the host and the host is in a tulpa state

Merging: In this version, it is when both tulpa and host as dominant with the mindvoices and can both control the body. Others refer to merging as merging wntire forms, usually permanently, as believed. This is not the merging described in the long version of the guide

Begin Switching

Get comfy, and have your tulpa nearby, sentience and vocality are required to do a switch with this method, so have your tulpa at that level first.

Step 1 Switch whos thoughts are dominant

This is very important and very useful to many many techniques of tulpa

Take a deep breath first and relax or whatever you like so you are comfortable

Normally people tell me that their voice is dominant, their voice is in the "front of their head," and their tulpas voice is in the "back of their head" or that they hear mostly their voice and some thoughts of their tulpa. The goal of this paragraph and step is to reverse that. Have your tulpas voice become dominant over yours in any way you like. If you can do that without any help then move on if you dont keep reading

>You can imagine your tulpas voice moving to the front of your head and yours move to the back

>You can make their voice louder and yours much more quiet

>You can imagine 2 orbs with 2 different colors, one smaller sized orb representing your tulpas mindvoices and one larger orb representing your own mindvoice(s), and have your tulpaes orb grow in volume while yours decreases in volume, or however you want

The 3 i mentioned are the methods that Ive told people to use but if you have a different method, that is no problem if you can get your tulpaes mindvoice as the dominant mindvoice you hear. This does not mean you should hear every word they say as words, think about how you think to yourself, you hear words, random thoughts and ideas wandering thoughts. It should be the same for your tulpa, and how they hear their tulpa voice, except their thoughts should be heard the same way you hear your own and yours should be how you hear your tulpa, bottom line is switch mindvoice dominance from yours to your tulpaes.

Please note the following

>If your tulpa is dominant, it will be harder for you to think, so the tulpa will have to do more work for the next few steps and it is advised to read the guide at least once before trying it so you know what youre doing

>Switching mindvoices does not mean you use her voice and the tulpa uses your real voice, it is switching places so that the tulpas is dominant, and is mentioned twice because it is important in this guide

>To confirm that you are doing it right, if you were asked a question about yourself, your tulpa should reply first before you reply, it just does that by itself, if you have that then you switched dominance and are doing it correctly. You also may try to do this to switch mindvoices, by having their reaction override your own speed.

>At this point i have been told the tulpas voice is much clearer than before so that is something to look for as well and a method of training vocality if you wish

Step 2 Possession

On the side if you havnt, check out Oguigi's guide for a nice introduction and description of possession and what it does

At this step you should be able to do a possession easier, either with this or Oguigi's method. You can use the mindvoice swap with her guide for likely better results in posessing.

Keep in mind that the brain is "supposed to send signals" that control the body so if your tulpa can send signals to your body just like you do then your tulpa can possess your body by using that. This can be done easier because your tulpaes thoughts are the dominant ones, so if they wish to lift an arm it will be easy to do so.

Another method is to think about how you move your arm, send that feeling to your tulpa or have them think about how they move their own body, and as the dominant mindvoice, they should be able to move your body quite easily without much effort at all. In other words have them send signals to your body while using your body. Try to have your tulpa move your arm while she is the dominant mondvoice, move it like you move it yourself

Its not anywhere close to impossible, you do it with yourself all the time, just by typing, so your tulpa can do the same thing. Just teach them how.

Step 3 Tulpa coming in your bodie

There are plenty of ways to do this and all of them work, but i will explain a simple and easy to understand method that is effective and that i have recommended to people.

Keep in mind that things such as exposing your back are unnecessary but will help for people that are new to switching and merging. Expose your front and back with no large objects stopping your path such as your chair, shirts and pants are fine but we go shirtless and with clothes so it doesnt make a difference. Get in a position where your tulpa can reach your chest. Regardless of form, have them sit on your lap for the time being, for the purpose of this guide.

Have them sit on your lap then have their body become and feel less opaque, or clearer, like less solid, just solid enough to slide into your body. You can do other methods to have them enter your body, such as imagining a hole in your back and having them slide in, it doesnt matter as long as it is the same result. Have her be almost "hook up" to your body parts. If they are not the same size or humanoid its the same concept and the process will still work, which i know because Hanyuu is a wormy even though humanoid or pony is easy for this. For example if they move their arm your arm should move as well and vice-versa and at the exact same time.

After that, they should be able to move your body as if it was possession, because it is in a way possession of your body except they can control it directly as if it were their own body. This should be made easier by having your mindvoices switched. Keep in mind everything here is normally reversible by doing the opposite techniques.

Step 4 Give your body to your tulpa

This is the hardest step so far from these as i have been told by people using this technique, but with your mindvoices switched, its not overly hard. It is very hard to explain however. Form a mindform body that looks like your own, and then pull your thoughts into the tulpa body. Imagine your "energy" flow directly from your real body into your tulpabody.

You can just jump consciousnesses directly into the body if you are able to do that way, its the same thing. Control your mindform in your own wonderland, it is the exact same process to control an irl tulpabody, make your voice in your irl voice both weaker and quieter, and make your tulpabodys voice stronger, the same strongness as a tulpas voice normally is. At this point, also, the tulpa should maintain you to some extents, because you are the tulpa and your tulpa is the host position. You will naturally maintain yourself of course but you dont need to think about maintaining yourself, your tulpa should do that more than your body in the state that its in as a tulpa.

Look with the bodies eyes and sense with the body senses just as tulpaes do with their body. You should be able to figure it out, just become the mindform, or have the mindform pull from your body but be sure that youre controlling it. It is a temporary body that should be formed from only your thoughts, just as a servitor styletype body. Theres plenty of ways to do this.

Once you have your consciousness and or thoughts in the mindform body, your tulpa should be able to weakly control your body at first and will get stronger at it, or or will be able to strongly control your body right away. This is done because your tulpa is the only one left in your body so all movements that the body does are hers now and not yours. That is all you need to do. Keep practicing that until you are comfortable switching.

An example scene of switching that you can get an idea of what to look for is this: Tulpa is in your form using your body typing on your computer while you talk sit back by your wall talking to your tulpa and talking to them with a mindvoice like a/the tulpaes.

H: From the tulpaes point of view, it should be like the hostmasters normal point of view, meaning they should use the body just as if it were their own, as well as have full access to all 5 senses provided by the body. They should also hear the host as he would hear a normal tulpa. Also i repeat that not all thoughts are to translated into english and you should hear thoughts just as your hostmaster does. I mean that you should also hear thought ramblings and subconscious thoughts.

Some people have said that their mindform is unstable at first when you switch, pull your mindform out just as normal and have in in a low movement setting, and have it sit quietly and watch, then after you can switch, work on making your mindform more stable, just like developing a tulpas body. It is the exact same process regarding the body forming and form. Also as a tulpa your senses may be blurrier and harder to distinguish what is felt with your senses. That is normal, it is not always fixed, because that is how a tulpa body works, it is a little less vivid from what we have found with our personal experience with it, but you can try to work on it and make it clearer by focusing on it or other methods in order to accomplish this task here.

Step 5 Undoing possession, switching, and merging, the most important step

Step 6 in the first guide is this step if you look at the numbers, step 5 in the first guide is merging but it is cut out in the guide so the numbers are as they are. Why is it the most important step? If you dont do this step your tulpa may feel tired, sometimes, even a little out of it. Dont worry if this happens, from what ive heard its somewhat normal but its a thing easily fixable. it is likely not overly harmful as it will usually return to normal soon. If you dont switch for very long times such as days or weeks and if you know what you are doing then it should also not be a problem. If you are newer to switching, and afterward your tulpa feels fatigued, again dont worry, its easy to fix. Imagine them exiting your body and back into theirs, its that simple but if your tulpa ever gets tired after switching or whatnot this is the solution. This should be done at the end of most or almost all switching sessions, moreso if you are beginning to learn to switch, to keep things simple on switching.

Simply do what you did in reverse, its much easier to undo it than redo because the host is more attached to his body than the tulpa so he/she will return to the body in due time, even more so and faster if he undoes the switching. Oguigi and Koomer dont count because of their case. If you can become the dominant mindvoice again then separating the tulpa from your body the same way it entered, then switching and merging is pretty easy to break, very easy infact, easy enough to the point where it will probably break on its own and return to normal with your tulpa in its body and you in yours. Unswitching manually just removes possible questions.

Both I and someone else using my methods have had our tulpaes get the tired feels at least once, and when we unswitched it returned to normal without much difficulty from either the host nor the tulpa

Notes:

This guide is still under work, if you find any errors, have any questions or comments, do post them below.

Edited by Ranger
Fixed the reformatted link.

Hanyuu <3

I am sometimes in the /mlp/ boards and #tulpa-forum if you wish to find me

:>

<:

:P

• Answers 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Disapproved for now (Guides), may get approved if some things get fixed.

The most common problem the guide has is the spelling and grammar - it needs extensive editing.

Now for the contents:

>Introduction:

>I will first assume that you are aware of what switching is but in case you dont, it is when the tulpa can use the hosts body as if it were her own and the host is moved into a temporary mindform.

This doesn't talk at all about the subjective experience of the host. In the worst case, with this definition, someone could twist the meanings to mean that the host pretends to be the tulpa and the tulpa pretends to be the host, which is not what switching is - switching involves a major change in conscious experience (and the memories they end up forming) for the host.

> Switching: Switching places with the tulpa so the tulpa is in the place of the host and the host is in a tulpa state

This is a bit better definition, but again, someone needs to understand that "tulpa state" does mean actually having your own first-person perceptions from that perspective, not something else like pretending to be the tulpa.

The definition of merging is non-standard, but I'm not going to object as he explains his own definition. It's rather close to BlackStatic's definition of "parallel processing", which yet again is a non-standard definition of the term. Also, why do 2 definitions of the same term for different guides by the same person?

> Step 1 Switch whos thoughts are dominant

This is an interesting idea which I suppose will help some tulpas get better at doing possession or handling body-related things (sense sharing, motor control, etc).

Some of the example ways of accomplishing it do involve symbolism, but they'll probably work if you believe they'll work and you understand what you're actually trying to do, rather than visualize the presented symbolism something in an empty manner. It may be that some of these steps can't truly be explained in a simple way without involving too personal symbolism or merely "just do it".

The explanation given in the latter part of this section is quite unclear to me and it seems like it could be interpreted in multiple ways.

While I was able to get a decent idea of what "mindvoice switching" means after reading the section a few times, it could still be written a lot more clearly.

Also, some people who can switch do seem to disagree with "If your tulpa is dominant, it will be harder for you to think" - at the very least having difficulty thinking or visualizing isn't something that has to happen for everyone, but could very well happen for some - nevertheless, may not be something that's worth telling people to expect (frontloading).

This step may be about getting the tulpa closer to the senses (sense sharing) and more closer to controlling the body (possession), not unlike that term multiples about how close (or not) to "front" they are, that is the degree of dissociation or lack of it.

> Step 2 Possession

Seems mostly okay, aside from slightly lacking some description about how it should feel from the host's perspective.

> Step 3 Tulpa coming in your bodie

This appears to be a symbolism for full-body possession of a more direct sorts. Why is this step needed if step 2 is completed, unless it's meant to be "faster"?

> Step 4 Give your body to your tulpa

This seems to be about the host dissociating/disconnecting/ignoring the senses while the tulpa starts doing more things in the body.

> At this point, also, the tulpa should maintain you to some extents, because you are the tulpa and your tulpa is the host position. You will naturally maintain yourself of course but you dont need to think about maintaining yourself, your tulpa should do that more than your body in the state that its in as a tulpa.

A bit confused about what is meant here. Does it mean the tulpa should actively visualize you or does it mean that they should maintain the physical body? Some of the sentences here are pretty unclear.

If it's the first, some people would disagree about the true necessity of the tulpa always having to pay direct attention to you. If it's the second, that should be obvious.

(After reading the thread I can see that it was added due to someone's beliefs about their tulpa, but that person seems to have trouble in believing in their tulpa's sentience/independence to begin with and this guide doesn't stress the importance of it nearly enough.)

> Once you have your consciousness and or thoughts in the mindform body, your tulpa should be able to weakly control your body at first and will get stronger at it, or or will be able to strongly control your body right away.

Wasn't the tulpa already doing full-body possession by step 3, why should the control be weak? Or was the host still contributing to movements during step 3?

> An example scene of switching that you can get an idea of what to look for is this: Tulpa is in your form using your body typing on your computer while you talk sit back by your wall talking to your tulpa and talking to them with a mindvoice like a/the tulpaes.

My form? If they're in the body, why would they need my form?

> Some people have said that their mindform is unstable at first when you switch, pull your mindform out just as normal and have in in a low movement setting, and have it sit quietly and watch, then after you can switch, work on making your mindform more stable, just like developing a tulpas body.

While I can understand the need to work on one's imaginary senses, I'm still a bit unsure what's meant here by "pulling one's mindform out". A lot of these parts could be written a lot more clearly.

> Also as a tulpa your senses may be blurrier and harder to distinguish what is felt with your senses. That is normal, it is not always fixed, because that is how a tulpa body works, it is a little less vivid from what we have found with our personal experience with it

I've heard of enough people who have fairly vivid experiences in that state of mind, thus I'm not sure telling people to give up and not work on it is a good idea.

Some people have compared the experience to hyperreal lucid dreams, with some exceptions. From personal experience, it seems the vividness of lucid dreams varies a lot and can be improved, especially if you start using your imagination a lot.

> Step 5 Undoing possession, switching, and merging, the most important step

> Step 6 in the first guide is this step if you look at the numbers, step 5 in the first guide is merging but it is cut out in the guide so the numbers are as they are. Why is it the most important step? If you dont do this step your tulpa may feel tired, sometimes, even a little out of it. Dont worry if this happens, from what ive heard its somewhat normal but its a thing easily fixable.

I'm unsure I truly understand why this step is needed? Do some tulpas forget to stop possessing and it's to remind them to focus on their imaginary senses?

Overall most steps do seem like they would work, but there's also a lot of grammar and ambiguity issues in the guide that would be nice to see them resolved.

The trickiest part about switching seems to be about learning to dissociate from senses - for some people it's something that happens naturally, while for others they could train it in a similar way one trains imposition. This guide doesn't truly go into enough detail about this aside from some symbolism. I don't know if it's something that can truly be explained aside from making sure someone meets enough requirements for it to "just happen".

The guide also has some frontloading in it that may be a bit harmful to some people, although not likely something that's too hard to grow out of.

Some of the clarifications the author gives in resources/posts/logs outside the main guide do clarify things better, however since we're voting on the guide here, it may help if any such issues with the guide would be fixed there.

If there's one thing someone should take from this guide is that switching can happen naturally for some people without having to do overcomplicated or overly difficult things.

If the symbolism is stripped, it does seem very much like a guide where 3 main components of switching are present: tulpa possessing/sharing senses, the host stepping back/relaxing and eventually dissociating form senses and focusing on being in the imagination (here and now).

One last thing this guide seems to be missing is making sure the requirements for switching are there - for example, how independent someone's tulpa is and how well they can communicate with them - one can see issues of this sort appear if one reads this thread - the guide's author meets the requirements, thus he forgets that some people may not meet them and still try to follow through with the guide, but in a different way and then they notice they can't finish some step and end up getting further discouraged.

As for Linkzelda's translation: it's certainly more readable than the original, but I feel some things were lost in translation and a few things were added that I'm not seeing anywhere in the original guide. I suppose someone that can't parse the original text can at least give this version a look.

I fixed the link. Unfortunately, the paste bin links 404, I'm not sure how to restore those.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread