Lacquer's Box

Lacquer

Yesterday, I was at a bookstore, and while waiting in line, I "read" through a short children's book. By "read" I mean I went through each page and scanned my eyes over the words faster than I can understand. I only have a very, very limited understanding of what happened in the book. I realized after this that I can use this experience as a test for metamind memory recall.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one am thoroughly impressed that you've managed to get so much sorted out without starting in on the actual tulpa. (That's not supposed to sound berate-y, I promise.) I'd never have the patience to do that. You keep saying you're not motivated, but honestly you seem to be taking extreme care with planning everything out so your tulpa will be perfect. That seems like motivation to me. If you didn't have that, you wouldn't be doing anything at all. (Including giving it a single thought, which you are.)

I think at this point it's a matter of redirecting that motivation; accepting that you've prepared as much as you can and then sitting down for a greeting session. As someone somewhere once said, "Ain't nothing to it, but to do it." It sounds like you've got everything ready to go. All you need to do now is set it in motion. And kudos to you for actually planning this and thinking it through so that your tulpa has the best chance you can give it, and I can't wait to meet her!

Because I sure didn't.

• Hullo, I'm Krypt here and Epsilon in the IRC.
  • "Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten." -Lilo & Stitch
  • Our Ohana's Misadventures!

I had a bit of a "thing" earlier today, and it made me worried. I majorly felt that I would not be able to handle the responsibility of having a tulpa. It's funny, I keep saying how one of the most important steps before making a tulpa is understanding the gravity of what a tulpa is, and now it seems like that is biting me in the butt. Of course, there are many, many tulpas out there and on these fourms that have hosts that, in their own words, started immediately without thinking it through. Those tulpas seem to be perfectly happy, but it may just be a case of Plato's cave I'm going to mull over this for a bit, and see what will come of it. I'm still going to be making a tulpa, and I cannot seem to predict what kinds of things mulling over this idea may bring, but I feel that something may come of it.

I've also been having internal conflicts about the forums, but I figure that putting up with some of the stuff here is necessary if I am going to make a tulpa and potentially help others at a later time. I find myself typing replies then closing the tab before hitting send, just because I read it over and realize that I really shouldn't post it. Maybe this is good training for me to deal with people. Hmm.

I'll say the thing about the butler/autopilot servitor tulpa thing later.

(metamind idea abandoned)

Monteline or Montaline are two names that just sprung to me in sleep-deprived inspiration.

'Night, tulpa.info

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Does anybody know what happened to Lacquer? His last update was almost 2 weeks ago...

That's my line.

Where's that tupper, faggot?

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Guest Anonymous

He's not been online for a week...

There are 3 possibilities:

1) He thinks he's not able to handle a tulpa and quit (that's what I would guess from his last post)

2) He's dedicating so much time to his tulpa that he can't get online

3) Something is impeding him from accessing the forums, ranging from no internet to his death