Spoiler Tags Update Suggestion

GuessWho

Should we adopt the spoiler system discussed in this post.  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should we adopt the spoiler system discussed in this post.

• Yes - As an additional feature.
    • Yes - Replace the current spoiler system.
    • No.

Since the General Suggestions Thread is presently overrun with crap, I'll post this here.

It would be nice to see this implemented.

If not now, then when the new layout is finalised.

- Spoiler Tags Update Suggestion -

Change the spoiler tags to put in spoiler buttons instead of just masking the text.

Or implement it as an additional feature.

It can be useful in a few situations for hiding a large amount of content.

It basically allows the poster to give the reader the option to choose whether to flood his/her screen with pointless crap.

It could also improve page load times if images/videos beneath the spoiler only loads when the button is clicked.

e.g.1. Posting a large image that would stretch the forum layout. (or embedding many images/videos that would make the post very long)

It could be hidden beneath the spoiler tag and only viewed by choice.

e.g.2. Posting a wall of text.

One could post the short version above and put the TL;DR stuff beneath the tag for those who are interested.

e.g.3 Personally I'd use it in my progress report.

I'd put the entry title for each entry in the original post and the entry itself below a button.

e.g.4 The mods could also edit ridiculously long/large posts to hide the content when the page initially loads.

I would like there to be an option for both spoilers. Spoiler text tags should continue to function as they do now, like on 4chan, but a new and separate tag with a different name should be added. Maybe [hide]?

Guest Anonymous

As I said in that thread, a forun I know has spoiler buttons. It runs vBulletin.

Yeah but there totally should be an option for both black bars and a spoiler button if they're necessary. I much prefer black bars for actual spoilers or joke spoilers, but button is good for hiding shit that's long.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

^Exactly my thoughts.

Black bars definitely have their purpose, around here.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

For actual spoilers, black bars are superior. Just mouse over to reveal. No need for Javascript even.

But yeah an option to make collapsing boxes would be good for long posts.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Guest Anonymous

If images ever become part of the signatures, you could enforce an "images in spoilers only policy". I suggest this because another forum I go on has pleny of members with gifs and such in their signatures, which is annoying.

And if the 200 character limit on sigs is only to prevent space crowding in sigs, you could remove that if button spoilers ever become part of his forum.

No image siggies ever please.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

No image siggies ever please.

Seconded. If you really want images in your sig, put a link.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

>Lacquer Wrote: ...

Hey, that's me! So I guess that means anything I would contribute to this thread has already been said. And looking at the posts in this thread, it seems most people agree with this.