Hearing your tulpa

Hello, I can very clearly hear my tulpa. I simply listen and whatever she says will be 'overlayed' inside of whatever I'm hearing. (Music, white noise, rain etc)

Now, I have to be 'listening' to do this. So, if I'm doing something that engages my attention it is very difficult to 'hear' her anymore. I'd like to give her a voice that I hear as if it's IRL so that she can grab my attention when she wants to.

What is the next step towards helping my tulpa have a 'real voice'?

I would think that it's up to her to "break into" your audio input stream to impose her voice, unless you're talking about mental voice. In that case, I'd suggest making a sort of trigger she can activate to get your attention. She could give you head pressure in a specific part of he head, she could make a specific part of your arm or hand itch, she could even do something as simple as forcing your attention to her when she wants to say something.

Basically, transfer responsibility for establishing communication to her from you.

That'd be auditory hallucination, or a step towards it. For some people, it comes naturally, with time. I don't know how long your tulpa has been vocal, but if it hasn't been a decent amount of time then it may still come. It can often take many months to happen, though that tends to be variable. You can speed this by doing normal things - spending time with your tulpa, especially conversing - though that's fairly obvious.

If you do want to get into it 'manually' and try your hand at auditory imposition, you've got the white noise method as the only real option - this involves listening to white noise and trying to hear your tulpa. If you know what your tulpa sounds like proper (you can hear them like you might a song in your head, or have a sample of a potential voice) then that makes things easier, but either way you take it parts at a time - try harsh consonants like 'sh' first, vowels, and so on. There's a section in Fede's creation guide about this if you want more to go on (though there isn't much more), plus a useful white ("pink" here) noise track.

You could also try, similarly to what Lacquer said, something like imagining a strap around your wrist, get your tulpa to pull on it and feel that (while you're paying attention). Then, if they want your attention they can pull your wrist. This usually doesn't take too much practice to get working nicely, though experience with possession can help in one dimension. And there are plenty of alternatives; just use your imagination.

The white noise idea could be used to strengthen what you already have, but it sounds like what you have will grow louder with time since it's already truly audible. The problem you're having is that you can only hear it if you pay attention to your tulpa.

IMO this could mean one of two things:

1. Simple hearing issue. Your tulpa can say stuff if you aren't paying attention, but you just don't hear it. I believe this is the problem I'm having, and for me it applies to all wonderland sensations. Unless I'm paying attention to the sensations, they may as well not exist.

One idea I've heard for this is to strengthen and train the subconscious to sense these automatically. The idea is basically energy ball ping-pong played with the subconscious. I was advised to go to space in my wonderland and form a ball of energy in front of me, feel it there and then send it off to the subconscious. As it moves away, observe how the feeling of it fades. Then do something else and don't worry about the energy ball. Eventually, hours or days later, it should return on its own, though the feeling might be subtle. When it does, take a moment to send it back. With some time it should return sooner and the feeling should be stronger.

Another idea is to practice at dual focus. Learn to focus on wonderland sensations all the time. Set something up in the wonderland that would generate some sort of sensations. Probably best to pick your strongest imagined sense to work on first. Your tulpa can participate if she likes. Now as you go about your day, try to feel whatever's going on there as well as what you're doing in real life. Eventually it should become automatic, at which point your tulpa should be able to get your attention at any time, at least through that one sense.

2. Lack of parallel processing. Your tulpa stops "running" shortly after you stop paying her any attention. Either your own thoughts drown out hers, or her thoughts are still "yours" enough that they cease when you ignore her for a while. On her end, thinking her own thoughts becomes harder and she sort of spaces out or falls asleep.

If this is the case, Asgardian's wall/bubble idea could work. In some way symbolically build a wall or bubble around her thoughts to separate them from yours. Voice or thoughts that one of you intends to share will still get through. But your thoughts will no longer interfere with hers as much, hers will be less visible to you, and the two of you become more distinct and separate.

As with any symbolic exercise, repeat periodically to reinforce it.

Take all of the above with a heap of salt. This is still something we're having trouble with, so obviously we don't have a solution that has worked.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Uhmm... I have this problem too and I've resorted into concluding that it's because I've been parroting it. What should I do?

Don't continue into thinking that you're parroting. From my own experience i can tell that it totally kills of most of the progress if you start worrying about that. It can block off much of possible replys and shut your tulpa into complete silence. Pure poison.

But don't worry, from what i've read, most if not all people have this issue.

IMO its just a lack of parallel processing - not being "tuned in".

I have currently set my focus on advancing methods to keep my tulpa present and improve parallel processing due to stimuli routines i run through every day. With good success. So there's always hope. Just don't expect to fix this issue from here to now. There's a lot of metal training required. Maybe one of the hardest things to do in tulpa development.

They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants - not here.

At Tulpa.info we do all our science from scratch; no hand holding.

Tulpa responses appear to bubble up from the subconscious, since they get routed through that from your tulpa to you. Truly parroted responses originate from your consciousness. If it pops into your head and acts like a tulpa response, it probably is. Random ideas pop into your head the same way, hence "and acts like a tulpa response". By that, I mean the tulpa appears to be saying something and you didn't first think through "what should my tulpa say?" The challenge here is to learn to listen for these responses without influencing them too much.

>subconscious

>implying it means anything

Well, because I was asked to clarify and I appreciate it, I'll write some more shit as to what I actually meant.

Chupi keeps throwing around the word subconscious. The word subconscious however, means nothing. Everyone uses it to mean a different thing, so you can't use it and think people get what your version of the subconscious is or what you believe it can do. It's not that simple and basing your advice on a word that is meaningless, empty and potentially does not even exist I feel is something that might harm people in the long run.

Strong symbolism? Yeah maybe. It works for some. For some it doesn't. But opinions or theories don't make facts.

As for auditory hallucinations, I have noticed that hacing some sort of noise in the background helps a lot. Anything. Sometimes it's good to just listen in a quiet place to hear some very quiet things, but sometimes being in a place with noise helps a lot too. Like cars or anything, you can hear so many things in the midst of there that actually aren't there. Maybe white noise or something works well for speech, but tapping onto sounds that already exist and let your mind to mold them into something that could be works. You should sometimes give it a go. Can't promise that it will happen, but it's always worth a try, eh?

Time. Time is all you really need, though. With time, things will come even if you found them difficult before and didn't work too much towards them. Sometimes you just need to chill and let it come to you instead of chasing after it.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Truly parroted responses originate from your consciousness. If it pops into your head and acts like a tulpa response, it probably is.

They do not alway originate from the consciousness and its entirely possible that you subconsciously parrots the tupper sometimes. (according to my experience and my tupper)

Chupi keeps throwing around the word subconscious. The word subconscious however, means nothing.

"sub-": below

"conscious": the part of your thoughts you are aware of

The subconscious is not some monolithic entity, but merely a collective term for the thoughts in your brain that you are not aware of happening. For instance, when I get sudden insights that seemingly come from nowhere. They're clearly thought out someplace before they enter my awareness. You can become conscious of certain subconscious thought processes, too, making them no longer subconscious.

A tulpa's conscious thoughts are also subconscious in reference to you, since they're going on and you aren't aware of them. Similarly, from their point of view your conscious thoughts are subconscious unless they decide to watch them.

DarkAnima: Yes. Your own expectations of what they'll say does influence what you hear. It isn't all that clear to me whether it's only affecting your perception, or making the tulpa actually say those things. If it's just your own perception, you can work on listening more passively, with less expectation or worry about what they might say. If it's affecting the tulpa's thinking, similar work would help as well. Similarly, as the tulpa grows stronger, they become more able to either break through what your expectations create, or resist the influence of them.

Still, tossing out responses that might be fake is counterproductive and leads to more and more doubt, until you're doubting everything from your tulpa.