MP3 servitor?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well, I was laying in bed narrating to Lea last night when this idea crossed my mind:

if it is possible to impose sound, why not make a servitor who's job it is to play music for me?

Could they acces my memory and play an album of my choise i heared sometime ago just like i would hear it with speakers?

Has anyone here tried it? How about combining it with an hud-servitor (has anyone tried that? seems pretty cool)

p.s. is there a "hi i'm new here" topic?

Guest Anonymous

Not really helpful, Lackquer.

I believe the idea came up here a long time ago, and it is theoretically possible, and likely has already been done before. The could potentially access your memory, but they would be limited to your memories; if you didn't listen to the whole song, the most they could do is try and replicate the missing parts. There is also the issue of how long ago you listened to the song, and if the servitor or tulpa could actually replay it to you in all it's glory.

As for the idea of combining it with Glitch's HUD servitor, I think it would fit in pretty well, but I don't know if it's been done before. The idea could be extended to creating a DAW servitor and combining it with an HUD servitor, but that probably has issues.

Guest Anonymous

1) Lurk more

I'm new here, I didn't have time to read the whole forum yet :p

2) This has already been extensively discussed. It has been done before, if I remember correctly.

Any link? I tried searching before posting this but i didn't see much...

Thanks! (not that anybody really cares about me introducing myself, but thanks anyways XD)

The could potentially access your memory' date=' but they would be limited to your memories; if you didn't listen to the whole song, the most they could do is try and replicate the missing parts. There is also the issue of how long ago you listened to the song, and if the servitor or tulpa could actually replay it to you in all it's glory. [/quote']

I would listen mostly to songs I hear quite a lot anyway, so I think it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Guest Anonymous

Also,

>not FLAC servitor

Gotta account for that imaginary rotational velocidensity

:D (i missed the first one for some reason)

Do you think it is possible for tulpae/servitors to reproduce an exact note? The ability to recognize a note without having anything to compare it to is usually assumed to be learned at a very young age, and not possible to be learned later on (i think it is called "absolute pitch" in english?), it would be pretty awesome and usefull to have that ability \^_^/

You could if you wanted I guess, but why would you? The thing is that the brain is very good at remembering songs anyway. You yourself could play back almost any song that you're properly listened to more than a few times, within a reasonable time span. If you can't remember it yourself then there's little chance Mr. Servitor could.

Funnily enough, similar reasons make manual auditory imposition (making yourself hear sounds) easy to do with music. Given enough practice, it's easily possible to hallucinate music. So, yeah, why would you want a servitor for this stuff anyway?

Edit: If it really can't be learned later then your tulpa or whatever probably can't learn it either. That's just speculation though.

i kind of do that all the time, since i was a child i was always the only bastard around without one of that music players shit so i got used to play music in my head.

Though it is not really imposed music and it obviously doesn't replace normal listening methods, it feels very realistic to me and i can hear my music whenever i'm not near a computer or something to listen normally.

It can be very bothersome too, if you don't control it enough you can end up reproducing whatever sticky music you find around, even if you don't like what you hear, if it's sticky enough you can end up reproducing people's voices and music you don't like, even noises that end up having rhythm.

The stuff is cool but only when you are hearing what you want.

Guest Anonymous

You could if you wanted I guess, but why would you? The thing is that the brain is very good at remembering songs anyway. You yourself could play back almost any song that you're properly listened to more than a few times, within a reasonable time span. If you can't remember it yourself then there's little chance Mr. Servitor could.

Funnily enough, similar reasons make manual auditory imposition (making yourself hear sounds) easy to do with music. Given enough practice, it's easily possible to hallucinate music. So, yeah, why would you want a servitor for this stuff anyway?

Edit: If it really can't be learned later then your tulpa or whatever probably can't learn it either. That's just speculation though.

probably, but it was worth asking.

I had in mind to make a servitor with an HUD that i could use as an mp3 player, with him showing me the title, artist, etc., stuff like that.

About the perfect pitch, I play the piano and an exercise that is done to improve musical hearing is sort of a dictation, the teacher plays a short, simple piece (giving you the starting note) and you have to write down the notes. Having that ability would kind of allow me to "cheat" my way through it. (I don't think that using something out of your own mind could be considered cheating though...)

It's worth noting that you're probably not going to be able to create a perfect representation of the song, so much as a loop of one part. Naturally this sort of thing lends itself more to dance/electronic music than other genres.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report