Guest Anonymous

Perfect visualization from the half-sleep state.

I thought lucid dreams were all about controlling the entire thing because hell, it's your dream and you know you have all the power.

Not really. At least for people who aren't very good at lucid dreaming, trying to exert control over their dreams can wake them up, or just not work.

Anyway, the guide is fine. The structure is a bit odd, having an edit at the end of the guide that describes how to do the whole thing. That's not really too serious though, and anyway the writer is unregistered so it's redundant. Approved.

Guest Anonymous

Approved.

hypnagogic imagery should start, very vivid and rapid changing images that flow rapidly through your imagination. Let them pass and again.

just go with it while again trying to remain conscious and try to observe the thoughts from a passive state."

I wish there was a guide that said more than 'just go with it' I end up either thinking too much and waking up somewhat, or falling asleep. Often I don't even get hypnagogic imagery, only the disorganized thoughts part that comes right before.

Approved.

The guide itself is mostly fine, however I'm unsure if it's always directly useful for tulpas and visualizing while awake: I've been able to induce the described state (and a few related ones) for quite some time now, it's a state of mind related to LDs and OBEs, and can happen when one is fully relaxed (such as close to sleep) and visualizing to the point where the visualization doesn't happen due to one exerting conscious effort. These visualizations can be perfectly detailed/vivid and can be fully controlled if you wish to do that. That said, it's one thing to do this while in such a special state of mind and another to be able to have such visualizations while fully awake - if you're to interact with your tulpa while awake, you'll have to learn other ways to visualize clearly - using this state or Octavipus' lucid mode while close to sleep is not an excuse for not learning to visualize while fully awake, which you do need to learn anyhow if you wish for more rich interactions with your tulpa during the day.

Approved for visualization. I want to try and test this to see if it works for me. I don't know if I would call it Hypnagogia, but I seem to force better early in the morning at around 5 or 6 AM as soon as I wake up. That might have something to do with Hypnagogia but I'm not sure.

It really seems like many people can benefit from something like this. There have been a lot of good guides like this lately I see.

"Assert the supremacy of your Imaginal acts over facts and put all things in subjection to them... Nothing can take it from but your failure to persist in imagining the ideal realized."

-Neville Goddard