A few questions

I'm new to this whole tulpa thing and I've only started 4 days ago but there was a few questions I'd like to ask.

1) To do with sentience, I'm wondering how can you tell if it's sentient because I can already feel a presence when walking or moving (e.g on the way to school.) but not when I'm at home unless I think about it. I'm also sometimes randomly getting waves of emotions and I think it's considerabbly too early to feel signs about this, seeing as I've done about 30 minutes on visualizing and about 4-6 hours on personality (following faq_mans guides.) plus I've asked for head pressure via narriating (done that a lot since the begging) and said things like yes for my right side and no for the other while asking questions and reversed. A few times It didn't work and after a few more tries it worked so E.G sometimes it doesn't work, but I don't know if this is just the placebo effect or not.

2) I'm going for an anime girl here and I wondering three things about how to visualize, I'm going for a 3D person here because I'd think 2D would look pretty creepy in my opinions and I was wondering how I would work around the eyes, the outline and the way the character actually looks, as in 3D perspective like I can see her from every angle but still keep the anime design.

Thanks.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) If you are unsure of it's sentience, then it is sentient. It is generally good to believe it is sentient from day one. Do whatever feels right.

2) Do whatever feels right, remember that they can deviate themselves so if you fuck up and give them ugly eyes, they can fix it themselves. Most Tulpae change some qualities about their appearance simply because they can.

If you are finding the eyes difficult, then I suggest 'zooming in' to get a detailed view on them and refining the details very slowly and perfecting them. Like a computer is genorating it or use a paintbrush or something. Just do whatever feels right.

Name - Silver

Form - Harpy

Sentience - fully sentient

Personality - Playful, cheerful, enthusiastic, chilled

Smell - Baileys

Stage - Narration and imposition

I just don't get how to do eyes, I mean I look at others and I'm like "How do they do them." when I imagine eyes of an anime character they all go wrong.

This is also a bad fault for me when drawing, haha.

Just keep practicing, you will get there. One thing that can happen if you are struggling is the Tulpa will become skilled enough to help you in the visualisation process - they might be able to help shape themselves as you are 'making them'.

Just keep on going and you will get there.

Name - Silver

Form - Harpy

Sentience - fully sentient

Personality - Playful, cheerful, enthusiastic, chilled

Smell - Baileys

Stage - Narration and imposition

1) Most will say to assume sentience from the start, contrary to Dane's (FAQ_man's) guides. If you want to be sure, try this: http://tulpa.info/forums/Thread-Sentience-Sentience-confirming-anti-puppeting-guide

2) You could make it her job to keep her form's proportions proper, or you could look at some 3D anime things (if they exist, I wouldn't know) to get an idea.

I guess so.

I'm currently having problems, even visualizing my tulpa's outline.

Also, there is another thing I wanted to ask. I'm looking to get a female tulpa and don't want to work on the voice, I was wondering without me doing anywork on the voice how will it realize it's a girl and develop a girl voice instead of a boys. In the personality stage, I didn't sit there and say that my tulpa was a girl, I've thought about it a lot before though.

1) Most will say to assume sentience from the start, contrary to Dane's (FAQ_man's) guides. If you want to be sure, try this: http://tulpa.info/forums/Thread-Sentience-Sentience-confirming-anti-puppeting-guide

2) You could make it her job to keep her form's proportions proper, or you could look at some 3D anime things (if they exist, I wouldn't know) to get an idea.

Also for number 1, I don't know what kind of effect that will give. I currently can't visualize her, hear her and I don't use the wonderland technique.

Also, there is another thing I wanted to ask. I'm looking to get a female tulpa and don't want to work on the voice, I was wondering without me doing anywork on the voice how will it realize it's a girl and develop a girl voice instead of a boys. In the personality stage, I didn't sit there and say that my tulpa was a girl, I've thought about it a lot before though.

These things work themselves out. The most productive thing you can do it simply to not worry.

It might help you to stress less about her appearance. I'm assuming here that you're trying to fully create everything about her from scratch.

If that's the case here, try something new: Look at her eyes when you're forcing. Don't try to flesh them out, let your subconscious do the work, just look at them. How do they look like? What colour are they? Let her take the iniative and you, just observe. This is how the brains create dreams that are seemingly indistinquishable from reality and when you get the knack of it, you'll be an expert in visualization in no time.

Also remember that I'm just another tulpamancer in the internet and my opinions are just my own.

Shai

Form: Fluttershy minus the cutie mark and with yellow eyes

Telk

Form: Ninth Doctor or a Dalek

Cherry

Form: Human female, medium length dark violet hair, late teen/ young adult

http://onicron.tumblr.com/

These questions man. They are so old.

1. Phrase of the day (every day) is "It's all sentience all the time yadda ya" so do that if you want. That aside, 'feeling a presence' is always a good sign. It's very common for people to not really feel their tulpas unless they think about them early on, so no worries there.

Still, sentience is (as I say, at least) a gradual process. It's not something to really chase around, so I wouldn't really bother with the communication attempts. It seems to me like good progress though. I can only really advise that you don't stop whatever you're doing until they're all talky at you and that.

I'm going for an anime girl here

I'm going for a 3D person here

What

Well, if what you're looking for is the standard 2D to 3D conversion, check out the daily threads we have on that. If your desired form is from a show or something then look at how they're portrayed there; if not, look at how others are. Notice how you can get a consistent view all around the character? That's how you do it, and it's usually pretty much automatic if you do the visualisation.

3. Personality is thinking a lot about who your tulpa is going to be, is it not? Your expectations and thoughts about your tulpa, even outside of what you might call a session, will shape them. Your tulpa will obviously turn out female, and gain a corresponding female voice.

Imagine the anime girl, but imagine EVERY single angle you may see her from. Imagine her standing in your mind, on a swirly platform thingy, and make her rotate, so you see her from every angle. Now tilt her so you see her from above, upside down, see her from below, while rotating her so you see EVERY POSSIBLE ANGLE. Imagine her in your real life too. Imagine her sitting on your school desk, sitting on the ground next you, in tge crowd when you play sports, like every other but in her anime style.

Also, look up 3D anime girl on google images.

girl_with_a_trinket_anime_wallpaper.jpg

7198030-3d-anime-girl-portrait-with-limited-depth-of-field.jpg

199365.jpg

In create-a-sim in Sims 3, you can mess with the voice and alter it completely. I used Sims 3 to create my tulpa and place her in a house. I moved the camera to see her every angle. Sims 3 might not work with an anime girl though...

Also, what these guys are saying about sentience is completely true!

I hope I helped.q