The Redesign: An Update

Pleeb

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dislike the blue theme as well. Too much light blue all at once.

The dark theme looks alright, not too far from what we have now.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Needs moar orange (to represent the juice).

But in all seriousness, looking back at the two themes, it seems strange for it to be such that in the dark theme, the background and the foreground are both shades of grey (with blue title bars), while the light theme's background is white & its foreground is light blue.

Also the title bars in the dark theme should be darker, like what we have now.

I looked at the bright blue and my eyes burned with the fire of a thousand suns inside of supernovas eating black holes.

Please. Don't blue theme.

Try a subtle dark green or darker shade of blue if I must give feedback. If push comes to shit, just copy another website's general layout as far as coloring...not color for color, but the spectrum they use if that makes sense.

ninja edit here: Will there ever be a feature that allows users to customize the colors of each section of the page? Header color, background color, etc. Not for everyone else, but just for their viewing pleasure.

fourfiction, the idiot.

ninja edit here: Will there ever be a feature that allows users to customize the colors of each section of the page? Header color, background color, etc. Not for everyone else, but just for their viewing pleasure.

If you fancy editing CSS theme files by hand.

If you fancy editing CSS theme files by hand.

The theming infrastructure of GTK+ 3(a graphical user interface toolkit) is using CSS, and I have edited the files of one theme to my liking.

Changing colours aren't that difficult.

As for the dark and light themes, they're both good, in my opinion.

brb college

Guest Anonymous

Can we merge my discussion thread with this one or move colour related posts there if this thread has become all about colours?

Both themes are still a work in progress, though we'll have to continue working on them as we switch to a live version (as time is running out to transfer servers).

I would like a lighter theme to be default, but with a switch of a button on the main page, you'll be able to switch between 'light' and 'dark' modes.

If this blue theme is too blue, or something like that, we can keep refining it, as that's what I'm hoping to do.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png