The Redesign: An Update

Pleeb

Guest Anonymous

Can we take down the notice until we are absolutely sure when the migration is happening? Or at least change the colour to grey?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy, is it seriously that big of a deal to you?

It'll happen when it happens; there's no need to do extra work to take it down, then put it back up later.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

The migration is happening, and it's been happening. There's just a lot to transfer without 404ing previous things and school started back up again. I'm the only one doing it, so it's taking more time then I'd like, but it /is/ happening.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Yes I'm still doing stuff, though at the same time I'm trying to study for my chem, bio, and psych exam this week, but here's something I noted this morning in IRC:

07:31 < Pleeb> DarkAnima: Not right now, getting that dang redesign is my priority at the moment. I've been working on the www site all yesterday, got most of it done but ragequit last night and went to bed.

07:32 < DarkAnima> Oh I didnt know it was that much work

07:32 < DarkAnima> I still thought it was because of the host

07:32 < Pleeb> It's a ton of work; unbelievable amount.

07:32 < Pleeb> It's why it's taking so long.

07:32 < Pleeb> I still have no idea what to do about the forum's database either, since it's too big to transfer.

07:33 < Pleeb> Going to have to split it, and do it in sections

07:34 < Pleeb> (did a ton of stuff transferring Thesis, the www site, over yesterday; I'm starting to dislike thesis, and still can't get things working on all the pages yet)

Still have to write new htaccess redirects, I'll get on that when I have the other stuff (working on the www site still) transferred over.

Spoiler

Im getting a lot of "500 internal server error" when trying to view things this morning. Not sure if it has to do with the update but I have been seeing that more and more the last couple days, usually a refresh fixes it, but this morning 3 out of 4 clicks came up with that error.

This is what it says.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@tulpa.info and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I've been getting it a lot too, but I'm not sure why; probably because the server is nearing its end and we've not got as many resources (haven't migrated yet, but we have to migrate this week) -- I'll check later tonight when I'm home and see if anything is up.

Spoiler

Guest Anonymous

Any chance you would know the specific day/time yet Pleeb?

If not that's cool, i'd just like to know.

Same time Funtcase releases the Genetix - Squid Attack remix.

rZPWfQs.jpg

Same time Funtcase releases the Genetix - Squid Attack remix.

Jimmy, it's been like a week since they put that notice up, and you're acting like it's never going to happen.

Like Pleeb said, if you want it to happen faster then do something about it. Don't just bitch and moan, hoping that he'll sacrifice time that he needs for school, to work on the site.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw this site shut down for a while and now it's back.

What just happened? Because this look the same.

Chloe - That cheerful girl with ponytail.

Aigis - The male cyborg that looks like raiden in MGR.

Vixen - Half dragon female who looks like Mary in DMC3 when in human form.