Linkzelda's Self-Hypnosis Tulpa Guide

Linkzelda

For what it's worth, I still appreciate tldrs. But they're supposed to improve readability, not harm it, which I agree they do here. I think there really is a "tl;dr" crowd that wants instant gratification and concise wording, but I don't think it has much to do with whether someone is interested in tulpas or not. No matter how you look at it, it's not virtuous to write in a way that "only appeals to" people who have sufficient patience to sit through it; that's just another way of saying your writing is tedious.

But yeah, stick to one summary if you want to write one. Like Seamus says, you can't actually summarise the whole guide, because then you'd just be rewriting the guide in a less readable way. You're just supposed to convey the underlying idea with it.

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, new user here bumping an old thread. I just wanted to say that, prior to this, I had zero experience with hypnosis of any kind. I read this earlier, skimmed it again just now and ran through the eyelid test quickly. And... wow. Just wow. It absolutely worked. You've blown my mind. This is going to be a game changer. Thank you.

You'll find submissions that do a better job to amplify that feeling of things being a game changer, but nonetheless, I'm glad my submission did do something. Which means I should probably work on it, but I'm too lazy to bother.

I don't know what to make of this but ever since trying this once, I've found that all I have to do is randomly tell myself that, for example, my right arm is now limp, and it will immediately fall limp and useless until I say otherwise. Or that I can't talk until I tell myself otherwise, or move at all, etc. I can make myself unable to push through imagined objects this way. (Possible application to touch imposition? Maybe.) If anything, it's fun. Am I just weird or does anyone else find this to be the case?

• 2 weeks later...

Use your mind's voice if you're in a situation where you don't want to speak aloud. Same effect, but speaking aloud, and I say this loosely without any evidence, would help imply some kind of feedback loop going on when the mind sees the person taking the initiative to speak it out.

Speaking things out loud is a commonly practiced method of making your intent clear to your mind, such as with goal setting. But speaking aloud has never been and likely never will be an option for us in any form, and it feels like a very dangerous habit to get into tulpa-wise. But that's just us.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I think speaking out loud works because it's a way to separate what you really intent from the noise of your thoughts. Speaking is something deliberate and clear, and as such devoid of doubt. One other thing that's similar to speaking is writing, and that's the main method I used before to kind of separate meaningful thoughts from random ones.

Do you think writing could be used in this context, if you find a comfortable enough position to do it? Do you think with practice you could become proficient at turning your mind voice into something as definite and assertive as your physical voice?

And a bit of an unrelated question: do you think it's possible to reach a state as deep and clear (maybe even more so), as a lucid dream with enough practice, or do you think there's kind of a barrier to those deeper "sleep states" that doesn't allow us to get there under these circumstances?