Linkzelda's Self-Hypnosis Tulpa Guide

Linkzelda

Thanks for the response. I still have some questions. (I've decided to stop jumping from forcing method to forcing method and just settle on hypnosis every day to get some real progress)

What do you mean by "feedback" in your guide? I read it over a few times, start to finish, and I still don't get it.

Also, do I really need to literally visualize myself every step, or can it just be telling myself it's working? I'm terrible at visualization, and was hoping to use the hypnosis to make my visualization better.

Thanks again!

In the likely event that I post something strange or foolish, please read my name again.

Tulpae: Pinkie Pie, D-Pad

Birthday: October 15th, 2012, November ??, 2012

Form: Mares

Stage/progress: Sentient, internal communication, extreme emotion sharing

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the response. I still have some questions. (I've decided to stop jumping from forcing method to forcing method and just settle on hypnosis every day to get some real progress)

What do you mean by "feedback" in your guide? I read it over a few times, start to finish, and I still don't get it.

Also, do I really need to literally visualize myself every step, or can it just be telling myself it's working? I'm terrible at visualization, and was hoping to use the hypnosis to make my visualization better.

Thanks again!

Feedback is simply you acknowledging what's happening after you stated the suggestion.

Example: You do part of the swallow test and state

"My mouth is dry..."

When you start feeling your mouth is getting try, or that the saliva is building up, you can visualize it and acknowledge it. It doesn't have to be visualized in vivid detail, and it could just be something you say to yourself like "okay," "alright," or something like that.

Affirmation/command cue/phrase/ -> visualize -> feedback

It can be something simple as thinking of a random mouth of a person, nothing too complex.

Also, you don't have to imagine yourself for every single step, you imagine where you want to be (which is accomplishing the test).

You simply imagine yourself accomplishing the next test before you actually do it. It's about reinforcing that imagination, and going through the cues/commands/etc. to solidify it and have it down as a conditioned response. This way, you'll naturally be able to visualize things with ease.

Yesterday, I imagined a Resident Evil 4 castle with ease that's related to this picture here:

E4Ng5rK.png

And from there, I basically talked with my second Tulpa (Ada I'm guessing) and had a decent conversation with her through hypnosis. When you practice it, you'll find the associations, and if they're good enough for you, use them consistently as a base, and then you can start changing your environment. This way, visualization will not be difficult for you to perform since it'll come naturally.

Hope this helps. :)

Feel free to ask more if there needs to be more clarification.

I'll give it a try in the morning. Thanks again!

Also,

Silent Hill>Resident Evil

In the likely event that I post something strange or foolish, please read my name again.

Tulpae: Pinkie Pie, D-Pad

Birthday: October 15th, 2012, November ??, 2012

Form: Mares

Stage/progress: Sentient, internal communication, extreme emotion sharing

• 5 months later...

I was originally going to pose this question in an individual thread, but I find this guide is far too relevant.

--------------------------------------

Hypnosis has a broad range of effects. I found myself drawing lines between tulpae and the symptoms a hypnotic suggestion can induce. I'd like to know what you, dear reader, think about the comparisons between:

• Hallucinations (Positive) -- Tulpa Imposition
  • Amnesia -- Noted to have occured in tulpamancers, see egocide, or perhaps (SmoothPorcupine)
  • Dissociation -- A tulpa's identity
  • Catalepsy -- Possession
  • Natural hypnotic states -- Tulpaforcing
  • Confirmation Bias -- Tulpa's Capability/Development speed
  • Analgesia - Tulpae soothing headaches

Does this mean that a tulpa could be conditioned into learning negative hallucinations?

Could a guide take advantage of NLP to facilitate tulpa-development?

When a tulpa fuses into their host (if that happens), is that a form of behavior modification/role acceptance?

Erotic hypnotism is a fetishism, maybe that explains the prevalent nature of intimate tulpa-experiences. Comments?\

I'll probably add more to this later.

Hey brichbark, thanks for the questions and topics for discussion!

Disclaimer (to anyone reading this post in general):

Anything I'm stating here is purely speculation and shouldn't be taken as objective evidence. And for any discussions regarding sexual nature with tulpa, I am not here to be an advocate for that, this is merely for discussion.

Hallucinations (Positive) -- Tulpa Imposition

I’m presuming you mean the various types of sensory imposition.

Visual:

For visual imposition, I often go back to JD1215’s guide for reference, since he explains it better than I could ever could. So I can’t really go into detail for this type of sensory imposition, however I will say that one can use hypnosis to become better at seeing their tulpa through mind’s eye (or closed eye visualization) and practicing on shifting that visualization to their perception of reality in external stimuli.

But hypnosis, at least with the definition I’m using on it simply being a process to reach trance state, has its limits. The host will gain unconscious competence to visualize their tulpa depending on their proficiency in that sensory imposition to the point where it won’t really be the process of reaching a trance state that hypnosis can contribute towards. The mind will presumably make the neurological connections so quick and efficient that saying “hypnosis” still has a significant role becomes an overstatement.

If you want to subscribe to the other patched-up definition where hypnosis would be any shift in awareness (trance, etc.) then yes, however, it would just be used as a precedent or transient stage for the host to visualize their tulpa.

tl;dr: JD1215’s visualization guides (the heavy image and the original one) can explain things better than I can. If the host uses hypnosis as a tool to get themselves consistently into the mindset to imagine success in visual imposition and can go for longer periods of tulpaforcing (1 hour+), it’s probable that they can reach imposition in a shorter time frame.

Most of the users here, although this is probably a cognitive bias on my end, try imposition but end up trying to scavenge through other guides and getting perspective from others, and end up stating, “I’ve done imposition for months” when in all actuality it’s:

“I’ve been trying to gain perspective from as many people into this phenomenon for months now and casually tried to impose my tulpa. And now that I’ve gotten the general idea, I’m just going to force because I now have more knowledge than I did before.”

Auditory:

Yeah, with auditory hallucinations, the word “parroting” always seems to encroach the minds of the doubtful. They feel that trying to do parroting as a transient form for the tulpa to eventually communicate without the host having intense conscious cognitive processing will end up with “unconscious parroting.”

They underestimate how the mind is much more complex and will make connections needed to filter out any idiosyncrasies that would presumably affect (in a negative way) of the tulpa’s competence to be vocal in auditory imposition or simple mind-voice interaction. Although my personal anecdotes can only go so far into answering this question, I will say that hypnosis can be helpful as a tool. I recall going through a 5-10 minute hypnosis session where all I would contemplate on is having the assurance that Eva and Ada would be able to talk to me fluently and easily. And it ended up with a decent half hour conversation with Eva where I was just literally mind-boggled on the consistency in her declarations to me.

Whether or not it could be the unconscious mind going through trial and error and creating voices that they could shift into or something else entirely, I see most of these activities as a self-fulfilling prophecy. Though I worry that with that terminology, people will have issues again with the authenticity of their tulpa actually speaking to them rather than the host "communicating" with the unconscious. People just need to realize it’s just one of many ways the mind can eventually make things more complex and genuine rather than the tulpa feeling as if they’re in an inescapable authority with the unconscious in general. [Citation needed]

When I made those hypnosis guides based from general e-books and such, I was just going through the motions with naiveté until I wanted to heavily research into the mechanics of hypnosis. I realized that if a person has higher prospective memory (imagining where they want to be with their tulpa and how they can become more vocal) and commits themselves to practicing the methods, they would eventually have a vocal, sentient, and independent tulpa.

So in general, hypnosis can be used as a tool to temporarily shift the host into the awareness towards prospective memory. And after they’re in that trance state or high shift in concentration, they just have to sustain their “urgency of doing,” and go through the motions.

Other types of sensory of imposition: Same logic with gaining unconscious competence for the mind to make the connections needed to make things real to the host, just applied differently.

tl;dr: Yes, same logic applies with hypnosis and any other forms for better concentration that can enable the host to practice and succeed in developing sensory imposition.

Amnesia -- Noted to have occured in tulpamancers, see egocide, or perhaps (SmoothPorcupine)

It’s rare to see members on this forum talk about egocide in relation to the tulpa phenomenon. About egocide, I honestly believe that with all of the pre-existent memories of the host’s mind, there would be heavy implications, but not inferences of their “self-identity” being destroyed/dying/fading away. I recall a user on an IRC probably late last year that apparently switched with her tulpa and committed “egocide.”

Even though I wondered if she was just kidding herself, I noticed her demeanor was completely different, as if the tulpa presumably holding more dominion felt like an incomplete version of her—as if she were stripped of her higher level of sentience and independence that would make her more lively and humanistic.

I never really attempted to use Hypnosis for anything related to Amnesia, however, I will use the rudiments behind hypnosis to answer this question. Since Hypnosis is a process that involves bypassing the critical factor in order to reach into a trance state,or a highly concentrated state of mind, “amnesia” would just be the person shifting their awareness elsewhere.

But when we go about our daily lives, we don’t become aware of everything that goes on in our head, so “amnesia” doesn’t seem to be the right word for this, I see it as the person shifting awareness. Maybe if the person makes militant attempts to forget something that was experienced recently (compared to a childhood traumatic event that most likely will be repressed by default), yes, it’s probable for the person to “forget” or having a difficult time stringing together those pre-existent memories.

As for the tulpa having amnesia, honestly, when a sentient being is intuitive with pre-existent memories, experiential learning, and the totality of the host’s mind in general, it would be the host being highly suggestive of the tulpa having “amnesia.” If a host wants to use symbolism to have the tulpa block out their thoughts (probably to reduce the doubt behind them potentially parroting), it actually ends up being counter-productive.

A lot of people on this forum use symbolism but never want to acknowledge they’re just using their unconscious mind, the reservoir of behavioral and other types of impulses and processes, to make the experience real to them.

tl;dr: Amnesia, hypnosis, and tulpa don't really add up together. It's mostly implications (from the start) that end up becoming true, redefined, and complex. It's mostly just a shift in awareness in another thought and the mind repressing things that may affect functionality in a negative way.

Dissociation -- A tulpa's identity

Like I mentioned for other points above this, hypnosis is can be used as a tool towards the mind gaining competence to have the tulpa have an identity independent from the host.

Catalepsy – Possession

Yeah, the few guides on possession, they involve using some sort of guided imagery while the host goes through the motions of what it would feel like for their tulpa to control a body part or several body parts. This is why I feel that if the host can have proficiency in at least closed-eyed visualization, they can apply other sensory imposition and be able to induce the “essence” or “being” of the tulpa actually controlling those body parts.

It may feel like it’s just only an unconscious impulse in the initial stages from the host (and not the tulpa’s) that moves the arm, but after repetition and constant reinforcement that the actions would be the tulpa’s (combined with the logic behind self-fulfilling prophecies), whatever happens, happens.

tl;dr: Possession involves the host using various forms of imagining their tulpa, feeling their "essence" or whatever, and practicing until a sentient and independent tulpa can take over certain body parts.

Natural hypnotic states – Tulpaforcing

Like other points I’ve addressed above, the hypnotic states should be seen as a precedent towards the host having better concentration, and whatever proficiency they have in the urgency of doing to succeed is independent from hypnosis being a process or one of many stages to reach the trance state/high suggestibility/etc.

tl;dr: See hypnosis as a tool, a method that is temporary to aid in concentration, but the actual "doing" with tulpaforcing relies on the host being able to just go through the motions.

Confirmation Bias -- Tulpa's Capability/Development speed

If it’s a matter of confirmation bias inwardly, it would end up being contradicting (since confirmation bias would require someone or something external to try and compare things that only conform to beliefs that are already accepted). I guess a better word for this is “self-fulfilling prophecies” where the host now has a target (the tulpa) and treats them as sentient and independent entities.

And whatever processes the mind goes through to make that experience real for the host, the tulpa (the one that bears the burden behind the fulfilling prophecy itself) is either truly the embodiment of those expectations, or someone else entirely. But it doesn’t seem that can be a fixed pattern, since even if the tulpa had higher levels of sentience and such, they would still need time to develop.

Whether or not “they need time to develop” is merely a psychological predisposition (to some extent) depends on many factors. One example is that if the host has vast amounts of experience with making tulpas, their mind would presumably have its own methods of making things real to them because there’s unconscious competence in the tulpa creation process and their speed of development.

tl;dr: Self-fulfilling prophecies combined with practice my friend.

Analgesia - Tulpae soothing headaches

The mind in general will repress many things that may affect a person’s functionality and such. For tulpas to presumably soothe headaches would involve the same process of guided imagery, self-fulfilling prophecies, prospective memories, and other forms of processes and being able to practice contributing towards unconscious competence.

tl;dr: Learning to be aware of unconscious processes and how to induce them can be something done without having "tulpa" into that learning processes.

Does this mean that a tulpa could be conditioned into learning negative hallucinations?

With the word “conditioned,” that might scare some people. I would euphemistically declare it as the tulpa learning how to be intuitive with the unconscious mind, scavenging within pre-existent memories and knowledge and other forms of intelligence that can help them learning positive and negative hallucinations.

tl;dr: Yes, the tulpa can presumably condition themselves in learning negative and positive hallucinations

Could a guide take advantage of NLP to facilitate tulpa-development?

NLP Hypnosis, Conversational Hypnosis, Covert Hypnosis, or whatever terminology people like slapping on with “hypnosis” have similar rudiments. I mostly subscribe to the Ericksonian model (or the Milton Model) as the indirect approach, and other models as more direct. I think most of those models are derived from the Milton model because of the history he’s had in his clinical and other forms of careers with using hypnosis as a tool.

Caveat: I can’t really give you much other than books Erickson and others have made, but I will tell you that Erickson was an individual that went beyond trying to memorize the mechanics behind hypnosis. It could just be a gift or skill he had, but he had a way of being vicarious with the patients and clients he’s been through. He would be able to focus more on making sure they had the assurance in whatever conflict they’re trying to resolve rather than being that guy who reads scripts and is apathetic (the therapists that would be in it only for the money).

And if there’s anything a person should get from “hypnosis” or just the tulpa phenomenon in general:

Don’t be afraid of using self-fulfilling prophecies as a precedent towards the greater good into having a sentient and independent tulpa. Use whatever tools, methods, techniques, etc. that can help the mind into making neurological connections needed to make the breakthroughs in the tulpa phenomenon. Even if things feel like it’s just repetitive and “mechanical,” keep at it because the mind is going to keep improving when you gain more perspective, insight, knowledge, and such.

Being able to imagine yourself succeeding in your interaction with tulpa while aiming to become more adaptive and aware of unconscious impulses, processes, etc. has the probability of one creating a tulpa in a shorter time frame. But it doesn’t mean the tulpa has the highest and perfect level of sentience and independence from the start, they’ll still need worldly experience just like we as host are trying to gain experiential information on.

tl;dr: The Milton model and other technicalities Erickson made with hypnosis is something NLP Hypnosis and other labels derive from. So yes, if you're proficient or have knowledge with the rudiments behind NLP, it would presumably help with development (because you have better grip on treating them as sentient and independent beings and you persevering in both triumphs and failures).

When a tulpa fuses into their host (if that happens), is that a form of behavior modification/role acceptance?

I’m going to need a lot of [citation needed] to answer this, all I can say is it’s probable. Unless there’s evidence to show that tulpas are somehow beyond the confines of our mind, then anything from the psychological standpoint, is probable. But the host can easily change their behavior(s) without having to add “tulpa” into that equation.

Almost any technique, method, etc. used for the greater good of having an imposed, sentient, independent, vocal, and other aspects of a tulpa, the host can use those methods for themselves in personal development.

tl;dr: A host can change their behavior without tulpa. A host may go through the mannerisms of behaving like their tulpa in a "fusion." And depending on the sentient and independent entity's proficiency and competence, there may be an "actual" fusion. Of course, this might cause mental errors and consistency issues because now there isn't implications of a more autonomous being from the host's conscious mind. Or the fusion is just symbolism altogether.

Erotic hypnotism is a fetishism, maybe that explains the prevalent nature of intimate tulpa-experiences. Comments?\

Yeah, things like toonophilia (aka Schediaphilia) with the MLP fandom, Anime fandom, any fandom in relation to cartoons etc. seems to be probable in this forum and other sites. Especially when someone would go ballistic if they can get their favorite anime/manga character to interact with sexually, romantically, etc.

And like the points I’ve addressed, using hypnosis can be a tool for things like this. I think it just depends on proficiency behind visualization, concentration, practice, and such that can make this real.

And this is excluding the lucid dreaming phenomenon and other methods hypnosis can be used as a precedent in (dream incubation, archetypes, etc.) If I were to encroach lucid dreaming into this answer, this whole post in general would become a novel.

I rarely had lucid sexual experiences with dream characters/figments of my imagination, but I will say that for non-lucid experiences (for ones that were sexual), it’s just a totality of sex, sexual innuendos, and more sex.

Add in implications of being a moral anti-realist, and you can literally do anything without feeling affected in a non-lucid or lucid dream. Actually being bothered by the things one would do with erotic hypnotism for lucid dreaming or tulpa would just be one’s conscience/morality having a conflict.

As for the tulpa phenomenon and erotic hypnotism, yes it’s probable, though I won’t go into detail on how to do that for obvious reasons.

tl;dr: Hypnosis can be used for anything if you can be creative about it, but like anything, it's used as precedent to reach a trance state/higher concentration to do what was desired. After a while when a person gains unconscious competence to imagine things, throw hypnosis away from practice and only use it as a trump card if you're a bit rusty.

I'll probably add more to this later.[/font]

And I will answer the to the best of my abilities, looking forward for more discussions in this thread. Thank you.

• 2 months later...

Interesting guide. I have difficulties with concentration and relaxing, as a result of ADHD, and I have dabbled in hypnotism in the past.... I think I'll give this ago in my next session, see if it helps. I'll let you know how it goes.

Join me in my personal journey: Finding the Friend Within Myself

~I will remember you, Artemis~

So I went ahead and tried this. I admit, I didn't read the entire thread, just the first posts that were the guide.

I set up a comfy spot on my bed to sit, turned off the light, and got a video of a theta binaural beat playing in my headphones. I started the process, but I still found it difficult to focus. I had to restart several times. I often found when trying to make my eyelids heavy, they would open on their own and it would take significant effort to keep them closed. I went through the count twice before they stayed. I went through the next couple of steps, to the tingling hand, with moderate results.

When I started forcing in this state, I found it difficult to focus on my tulpa's shape... I had it pretty solid already, but for some reason it kept slipping away on me.

Perhaps it will become easier with practice, and I did manage to sit still for the better part of an hour, but my mind still felt distracted. :/

Not sure if it helped that much today. I'll post about it in more detail in my progress report.

Still, thanks for the guide :)

Join me in my personal journey: Finding the Friend Within Myself

~I will remember you, Artemis~

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm surprised that there hasn't been more interest in this section. (It's an assumption based on the number of posts and the last being in 2014.) I'm a licensed hypnotist, and I have dabbled with self hypnosis since childhood, when a doctor initiated my interest in hypnotizing me so they could draw blood gasses without pain. (My pain and theirs, as it use to take seven corpsmen to hold me down to get their sample at the Navy hospital in Jacksonville FL.) I would like to see your reformat of this, when completed. One of the things I liked was you addressed the misconceptions right off the bat. (It flowed well enough here, but I probably would re-organize it a bit more.) If people really understood the potential of self hypnosis, and that we unconsciously enter these 'suggestible" states more frequently than we imagine through out the day, we could be much more aware of how much external forces affect us, (such as advertisement and product placement at stores,) but also how much our own thoughts are influencing us, for better or worse, but most frequently sublimely neutral, wheels spinning but no traction. When I began reading about Tulpae, I was also struck by how similar the creation process is to hypnosis. Before reading this thread, I had already begun the process of allowing my tulpa to guide the hypnosis process. (We are also utilizing EMDR, and guided meditations, each of us taking turns at leading.)

I suppose anyone who has been successful with creating tulpae will already have a clue just how powerful their thoughts can be, but there is always more to learn. One of the sources I recommend is "what to say when you talk to yourself" by Dr. Shad Helmstetter. It's possible to find a summary on PDF, or even the full book (free) on pdf. And, with Tulpae assistance, maybe some of the exercises in the book will be even more effective. That, or your tupla can become your hypnotist. :)

thanks, Linkzelda.

I think you're giving me more praise than I deserve. The guide in general was mostly derived by some old hypnosis book by someone that I forgot now, and I just extended it towards my own psychology at the time with tulpas. Now, I don't really use hypnosis as a supplement anymore since I found something suitable that can be at my beck and call. Don't get me wrong though, I would use hypnosis, but it's not in that procedural easing into my mind now. Or, I just don't feel the need to be mesmerized as much through words of suggestion. I don't know.

If anything, I left this submission as a lost cause because there was some hypnosis script thing that's in resources that was there just for the sake of being a supplement. I even wanted to go so far in conversational hypnosis, and exercises for that with tulpas, but with how I highly doubt anyone would take a stand for themselves to add their own twist into it, I figured why waste energy when barely anyone sees hope in it? It would fall on deaf ears anyway, like it is now, but that's okay.