Tulpa or imaginary friend?

Imagine an object on your desk or whatever that isn't actually there, like a cold can of pop or something. Can you see it? Can you feel the condensation on the cold can? Can you feel the metal finish? Once you can imagine objects in high detail it's easy to do it with your tulpa too, and after months of imagining the same tulpa form, it's no longer a chore to visualize their entire, detailed body.

Hah, made me think of how trained mimes would be great at touch imposition.

I used to only force in the dark too but once you get used to closed eye visualization you should find a way to work into open eye visualization, it's how you impose your tulpa eventually.

>pop

Why does this word keep popping up recently. (pun not intended(

Just sounds like you two are closer in your tulpa/host relationship than many older tulpas are.

You'll grow more individual with practice, it's okay.

Despite the name, the host bodybody is the one usually using this account. 

Spice was born in 2013 and Tomoe was born in 2014.

Spice: Truth be told, she was very clingy before, and over time she's grown in that she's a lot less physically needy and clingy, and while we do spend a lot of time together she's not attached to me at the hip like she once was, so I think we're already progressing well =D

Bourbon: Thing is, I can do visualization of both kinds, but it's never been clear or vivid in any sort of manner. I actually visualize more open eye than closed because I read a lot as a child and I used to daydream a ton, but even back then the images were never really...well, I'd sort of enter a trance and I'd sort of 'see' an image, moving characters, etc, but holding it or making it more vivid was not something I ever trained before, never needed it IMO. When I started creating my tulpa, I'd try to immerse myself in the wonderland or focus on her and I found it was a lot easier to get into a daydreamish state when I shut my eyes, reclined, put music on the headphones, and had a dark room.

For whatever reason, as an adult I haven't been able to daydream as often as I used to =P (I'm thinking because I also don't sit in a boring classroom each day anymore)

So I can open-eye visualize, I've got that whole spatial sense thing that Mary and Q mention in their imposition guide, but I haven't been able to get the actual sense that an object is actually there. Hell I've never even hallucinated, except for one time that I'm still unsure about in my head whether it was a hallucination or not.

Then again I just tried the cold can of soda thing you mentioned (Very good example by the way, I'm a cola fiend) and I could faintly feel a bit of cold radiating off the spot where I thought the can was, so maybe all of my imposing practice with her is starting to pay off a bit.

tl;dr, I am working on a tulpa, she's three months old, ... I am having doubts as to whether she is actually a tulpa or if I have deluded myself into thinking an imaginary friend is a tulpa.

Some tulpas take a long time. My tulpa Kerin took 9 years to become active. It was worth the effort.

Be well.

- Kevin (a human)

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

• 3 weeks later...

Does there have to be a difference? If you believe its a Tulpa it is, and If you believe its an imaginary friend It is, It's up to you to decide.

I think the community's perception of what this 'tulpa' thing is has changed a lot since the website first started, too. I rarely see any of the attributes we believed tulpas had talked about anymore around these parts.

fourfiction, the idiot.

I think the community's perception of what this 'tulpa' thing is has changed a lot since the website first started, too. I rarely see any of the attributes we believed tulpas had talked about anymore around these parts.

By my perception, the two terms are synonymous, but they have different connotations.

'Imaginary friend' is perceived as childish and more western, while 'tulpa' is more of a phenomenon and an eastern thing.

But I think 'tulpa' is a lot better for the context.

Tulpa: Sierra

Forcing since July 2012

Couguhl’s Progress Report

Well, I had imaginary friends growing up, as a lot of kids did. I don't think they ever really responded though, come to think of it. I moved around a lot as a kid and as a geek and a loner I grew out of that stage a bit later than most other kids, and I vaguely remember having a plastic dinosaur I used to talk to, but I don't recall it responding at all, even in mindvoice.

With my tulpa, though, they do respond, and have their own opinions, and I don't think I make those responses up, after a bit of thought. Sometimes I can feel my mind work if they stumble over words or try to find the right words, but other than that...

I didn't even remember that old stuff until well after I made this topic, when I was talking to Twi about how I've never hallucinated (to my knowledge) but I had a predisposition for imaginary friends growing up. Perhaps I was a bit hasty in making this topic but I was having serious doubts at the time