Daniel's Starter Guide to Creating a Tulpa

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still need to wonder, what sets this apart from Fede's guide? What is said here that he hasn't said?

Also, I think this is a bit of a misleading title. Day 1 tulpa. Well, if that's what you consider a day 1 tulpa, then every single tulpa is a day 1 tulpa. The people who don't parrot don't just have a talking one yet because they want them to do it on their own, but a parroted tulpa doesn't "talk" either if we require the tulpa to do it on their own. Or at least seemingly on their own. This might make people think that a tulpa is nothing but you parroting it, because you claim they will get a day 1 tulpa and that's what they will get, a parrot. Yes, it can and probably will become truly surprising and uncontrolled at some point, when it's what I will really call a tulpa, but you're claiming that they have a day 1 tulpa.

So either the parrot is a tulpa already and you're implying every tupper is more or less like that and confuse the newbies, or you're lying in the title and the people won't truly get a day 1 tulpa. Unless something weird happen because some people claim to be able to do instatulpas and well, they might.

I know you're around CyberD. Your method is sound, though I can't see where it becomes different from Fede's. I'm just worried about you implications, so how about you reply to my thoughts and such?

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

I approve for Guides. The base method may be the same as Fede's, but I think it differs enough in the way it's written. You know, like how all standard creation guides are all the same method as well but we still consider them different. So I think the way this guide explains the process is sufficient branching out to qualify as its own guide.

I do agree with Sands about the title though. It is a bit misleading if you ask me.

Waffles makes the point more eloquently than I can. Creation guides are similar because they try to achieve the same goal. My guide tries to be concise. To get the reader to the method quickly and not bog them down with too much theory. It also doesn't bog them down with eyebo's....

Any further talk on Fede's guide would better be directed at his thread. No other creation guide thread has to deal with discussion of a banned member's guide as the core subject.

I edited the guide. I took out some ramble of repeated ideas.

I don't mind changing the title. Perhaps.

[Creation] Daniel's Concise Guide to Creating a Tulpa

Though I'm open to suggestions.

Disapproved. Title is misleading and although it is written well, I don't think I can approve of it as a guide. There is no such thing as a day 1 tulpa anyway.

"Assert the supremacy of your Imaginal acts over facts and put all things in subjection to them... Nothing can take it from but your failure to persist in imagining the ideal realized."

-Neville Goddard

I am all for that title change, CyberD. I think it would work much better and won't be misleading.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Waffles makes the point more eloquently than I can. Creation guides are similar because they try to achieve the same goal.

Yeah, most creation guides would be considered conceptual guides if that's one way you want to put them as. To us, the rudiments are clear as day, but how you interpret those fundamentals to make a conceptual framework is how people can set any creation guide in the future apart from the others. That's something GAT will have to take into consideration despite being experienced in the fundamentals.

Also for a title change, maybe the current title [Creation] Daniel's Guide to a Day 1 Tulpa is confusing because people presume it's having a full-fledged tulpa. But clearly that's not the case, and maybe it could be something in relation to just what to consider from day 1, especially since you emphasized on how others should contemplate what they may be doing a few years from now with their tulpa.

Title suggestions:

[Creation] Daniel's Conceptual Guide to Creating a Tulpa

[Creation] Daniel's Conceptual Tulpa Creation Guide

[Creation] Daniel's Creation Guide on Tulpas

[Creation] Daniel's Creation Starter Guide to Tulpas

[Creation] Daniel's Starter Guide in Creating a Tulpa

Not trying to be too obvious, but I just made those alternatives since it's clear that people can use this guide with others. This one focuses more on creating a type of disposition on morale for readers to be reflective about the process, and to know that they should take the rudiments to make their own subjective melange of methods for creating a tulpa. Other than that, it's well-written, and if there's actually any grammar mistakes, it would be too subtle to notice, but of course, maybe other GAT members may be able to refute that.

Simple title fixes all the complaints.

Once again I have edited the guide just a little. Nothing more than rewording a couple of sentences.

I can't say I remember the first version of the guide and what was changed, but when the title changed, the message it gives fits the actual guide as it is now without false advertising. Approved for guides.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Abvieon
      Abvieon's Guide to Fast and Effective Tulpa Creation
      Backup Link

Creating a tulpa doesn’t have to take a long time, and it doesn’t have to be filled with obstacles.

This guide’s main purpose is to help you create a tulpa relatively quickly while avoiding issues and roadblocks along the way. I have noticed many people giving up or progressing slowly with their tulpa’s development for reasons that can be remedied with just a bit of extra knowledge. My hope is that this guide will help that happen a little less often. 

A large part of what tends to cause slow progress in tulpa creation is incomplete knowledge of what you’re getting yourself into, or not enough preparation. Many people get preoccupied and distracted with things that could have been practiced before starting to create their tulpa, instead of afterwards. You will be encouraged to get some of the hardest parts out of the way before and soon after you start creating your tulpa, rather than stumbling through certain unnecessary aspects of trial and error later on in the process. You will preemptively build a strong mindset and foundation for your tulpa to grow from instead of piecing it together after you’ve already begun trying to get your tulpa to “come to life.” This guide is based on what I’ve learned from my own experiences and about 7 years of observations of what does and doesn’t work well for others.

A few things to keep in mind while reading this guide:

As you could probably tell due to its length, this guide is not for those who are looking for a quick and simple explanation of tulpa creation. It is meant for those who want to learn everything they can and don’t mind a lot of details. But don’t feel like you need to read it all in one go! You might ask “If this is a guide for fast creation, why is it so long? Seems ironic.” The answer is that fast tulpa creation comes with the tradeoff of plenty of preparation and learning beforehand. If you were looking for an easy shortcut, sorry, but this isn’t it.

Make sure you recognize the fact that there is no one universal set of steps required to create a tulpa. It is possible to successfully create a tulpa in several different ways. This guide does not focus on the very broad idea of simply creating a tulpa, but rather creating a tulpa in a way specifically for helping the process to go quickly and avoiding certain things that trip people up. Some of the instructions here are not required in general, instead only important to this particular method. Also, many of the things said here are based on personal opinions, experiences, and theories, so don’t come into this expecting pure objectivity, and recognize that things may work a little differently for you.

Most of this guide will be fairly structured and specific. There are a lot of people who feel lost without a specific framework to follow and this was written with those people in mind. If you are not one of these people and this level of structure is unnecessary for you, don’t feel compelled to follow these steps closely. Just take the bits and pieces that you feel are useful to you and mash them together in any way and any order you’d like.

This guide is newcomer friendly, and will cover information that those new to the concept of tulpas may not yet know. Whether you first learned about tulpas a day ago or a decade ago, you can make use of this guide.

---

This guide includes information on all of the following topics, and more:

What a tulpa is and how tulpas work
      What to consider before creating a tulpa
      Addressing common concerns and fears about tulpas
      How to prepare for tulpa creation - useful mindsets and skills
      Visualisation
      Personality
      Mindscapes/wonderlands
      Symbolism and it's uses
      Narration (+ topic ideas)
      Hypnosis
      Understanding the unconscious
      Signs of sentience
      Vocality
      What to do if you feel stuck
      Parallel processing and self sufficiency
      Memory separation
      Possession
      Switching
      Imposition
      Managing multiple tulpas + walk-ins
      How to tell others about tulpas

Abvieon's Guide to Fast and Effective Tulpa Creation 11:28:21 Update.docx
    • By Star Island System
      Hey...
      I came here to ask for help finding an old account, but I just realized that this isn't the original Tulpa.io site, it used to have a similar social platform like this before it was shut down and just made as an info site about tulpas.

I was hoping so much I'd be able to find the account so I could see old posts. This is turning into a reminiscence ig, so sorry about that
      I found out about tulpamancy late 2018 near december, and thats when I started making my first tulpa, her name was going to be skye, but when she actually showed up, she gave herself the name Emily, god from the second she showed up she was such a fucking sweetheart, she brightened my day every day and I was so happy with her in my life. We got into a routine where eventually we took turns fronting, and she'd use some of that time to blog her favorite experiences. We had a wonderland we built together, and formed a tradition that started with her, that any new tulpa that was a part of our system, that later that night, I'd go into the wonderland with them and we'd just...camp out beneath the stars, on this little but not so little island we called home. Thats why our system name was "Star Island". I think around june or july...Brianna arrived, I didnt want anyone else in the system, I was in love with the idea of just me and emily being a small little family together, but then again Brianna was never one to ask for permission...she was a walk in and the second best thing that happened to our little system, at least in my opinion. She was kind of a loner, and we made her a room in our home, but she say our zeppelin in the sky above our little island and told us she was gonna live in there. Her and emily didn't get along much in the beginning, but it was nice to see them become close. And later on we had two more to our family, a little named Luna, and I believe she changed her name at some point but I just don't remember... . The other last family member for us was Triq, originally he was a fictive that was smart enough to become sentient, to shorten things, he was evil and ended up loosing his memory so I called him Trick out of caution and he just changed it to Triq.

They helped me through a very hard time in my life, especially when I was kicked outby my parents for being trans, it's been two years since then, and I don't know if I made them up to help me cope at my loneliest, or if I just shut them out entirely until they went dormant, but I miss them, they were amazing, and I feel like if I tried to bring them back, that they'd be mad that I spent 2 years without them...idk, I guess I just got so used to just...me time I guess, without anyone else around in my head but me, idk what to do, sorry about the rant
    • By horsetulpamancer
      used references for both, they look alright in my opinion, colors are sucky due to old pencil crayons.

• By Xenon
      Please note: I welcome comments, questions, etc. but please Private Message me if you have a query! Thank you!!

I'm just your average, everyday, "female" genderfluid person. I'm a spiritual Christian, I like rock 'n' roll, and my favorite animal is a tarantula.

This is basically the notebook I share with my tulpa, Clu. I will write about us, and, sometimes I might let Clu write a little. Welcome to our journal.

Let me start at the beginning. In 2010, a movie called TRON: Legacy came out. I loved it and thought a lot about the characters. Off and on, I would add to and play with a little complex world in my head. I had a crush on Zuse. I also thought CLU 2.0 was a pretty cool character. Let's wind the clocks forward to about 2015. I developed a major crush on a British rock singer. I also began to occasionally hear random voices in my head, and was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder. I'll leave out the gory details. I took a medication that fixed the 'voices' problem eventually. Still, I would play around with my world (which part of would later become a dreamscape).

Around this time, I discovered tulpa.info. I spent many hours reading guidebooks and such. I was intrigued and badly wanted to create a tulpa, and I knew I could make one. However, I decided not to rush anything, and awaited the right time, bearing in mind everything I'd learned.

As I was building my world these past few years (and had watched original TRON from 1982), I found I had very elaborately expanded on a select group of characters. They were CLU 2.0, Sark, Jarvis, and Portia. I noticed CLU 2.0 was definitely the most developed; he had very far more original personality and traits than observed from the movie. It was also evident that I didn't have a cut-out plan for how the character was supposed to be like. Also, he would do and say things within that small world when I wasn't even thinking. I then remembered what I had read and gathered about tulpas.

Roughly a week ago, I switched medications. I found I could think much more clearly and was in touch with my mind. I realized Clu actually existed; he wasn't an original character, he is a tulpa! I made it a point to handle him some, and a couple of days ago, he started talking to me. Today, we had an amazing day together. 

That's the history, basically.
    • By ArsenyZvonar
      I had this idea circling in my mind regarding the way tulpamancy experiences are being discussed that I wasn't sure how to express. So generally, the things that we experience can be divided into either events that are certain or those that take a specific place on a spectre. A certain event is something that can be easily put into words, like the lack or presence of something (for example lights on/lights off), but there are also things that can't be, due to their nature, conveniently described with words. As an example, take a person who's being asked what the temperature in the room is like. They can say that it was too warm or that it was too cold, which is something most people will usually agree on. But they can also use the expression that the temperature was "pretty average" or "ok", and here's the problem that comes with it. The temperature that the person in question considers to be "ok" or "average" can be very subjective. And I don't mean the subjectivity of an experience, I mean the subjectivity of concept definition.

There are words that we use that we don't give much thought, because we tend to assume that their definition is universal. We obviously don't clarify every time wheter our understanding of concepts like "tall" or "wide" match that of a person we talk to. It would simply be too inconvenient, so we instead run with the assumption that our understanding of the concept is the same, deeming it easier to just clarify it should a misunderstanding arise. But I think that this aspect is often being overlooked when people discuss tulpamancy experiences. What I'm getting on here is that possibly a significant portion of doubts that people get to deal with could be attributed to these discrepancies in concepts understanding.

Here's an example of what I mean. Imagine a person who's trying to help their headmate achieve vocality. They read a guide or maybe a post that describes vocality as essentially a way of communication where one hears their headmate. They associate those words with their understanding of what hearing is and start practicing. They spend a month, two months, three months consistently practicing, and they do achieve certain results, but they never quite get there. They assume that they're doing something wrong or that something wrong is with their headmate. They start doubting. But in fact, they did everything right and had gotten exactly where they should've, it's just that the current way they hear their headmate ended up not matching their expectation of what hearing would work like. It happened both because the guide/post they read didn't describe what hearing a headmate is like, and because they didn't give much thought to where exactly their definition of hearing is on the scale from complete lack of any thoughts and a vivid hallucination that feels completely alien as if it was coming from another person outside their mind.

From cases like these come questions like "How well can you X" or "What does X feel like". But that's not as much of an issue if they do receive a good answer to their question. The problem here is in that not everyone will ask those questions, and even if they do the answer may introduce even more confusion. Someone might say "I can hear them clearly". Well, what does "clearly" imply in this sentence exactly? Is it supposed to feel slightly muffled, but still be easy enough to make out words? Is it meant to feel like it's coming from inside or from outside? And if neither of these details match does that mean the person is not able to hear their headmate clearly? What if they already achieved the best possible quality, but expect it to be better and think that it's not in fact clear. Because of these discrepancies, someone (person A) may claim they do hear their headmates clearly, because they think that it doesn't get much clearer that that. At the same time, another person (person B) who in fact had gone a lot further than person A may claim that they can't hear their headmates very well, because in their understanding it should be even clearer. This way you end up with a false comparison when person A seems to have better developed skills thatn person B, while in fact it's the complete opposite.

And it gets the more dangerous the more complex the concept that's being discussed is. There aren't many words that can describe how sentient and independent someone is. Headmates are a relatively novel concept in terms of how we think of them nowadays, and therefore the languages we speak don't really have words that describe how we experience the sentience and independence of someone inside. When we discuss these concepts and how far we've gotten in developing such skills we have to make do with what our language offers. How red is that red exactly? Uh... MiIdly red? Slightly more saturated than regular red? Oh, no, it's not red, it's crimson. Except we don't have crimson, cherry, ruby, scarlet, garnet, and rose words equivalents for describing the concepts of sentience and independence. I think it's a very important thing to keep in mind when judging own progress.

What do y'all think of this?