Have you told your parents?

Guest Anonymous

Did you tell your parents about your tulpa?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Did you tell your parents about your tulpa?

• No and I'm not planning to do it.
    • No but I'm planning to do it.
    • Yes. (Please report their reaction)

Oh, quick update- Cat's parents now know I am myself when I speak and things have been interesting. I think they're starting to get used to my presence.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, my family? Hell no -- They'd make it out to be demon possession, despite my tulpas pushing me more towards Christ. My school, however? I joke about the "voices in my head" sometimes, and I've told a couple of people about tulpamancy, but they think I'm lying. If I went full-on about it? Well, for one, that'd be... interesting. Secondly, word would get around to the faculty, and in case you don't know, I'm already a student of interest as far as they're concerned, so this would certainly rouse them. Not only that, but my counselor tells everything to my parents(Even when I tell her not to), so that'd cause a shit ton of personal problems. Even so, it'd be interesting... I might tell my school and be open about it. After we master switching, I'll be open about it!!

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

Telling people without the opportunity to explain more in-depth before they've made their judgement will only end in disaster. Best only to tell people you're able to judge the character and likely responses of first.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Telling people without the opportunity to explain more in-depth before they've made their judgement will only end in disaster. Best only to tell people you're able to judge the character and likely responses of first.

Step 1, be Ice as usual.

Step 2, consequences.

I'm not sure some people think past step 1. I think a more mild word for them would be 'impulsive'.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know I'm impulsive, whatever.

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

[seth] Oh good heavens. No. They'll either assume we're faking it for attention, think we're crazy, or just ignore it. We're perfectly fine with them not knowing about the majority of us. We don't have the best relationship with them in the first place, anyways.

However, we are out to a few of our real life friends, and the vast majority of our internet friends. They mostly accept us. Some of them have trouble grasping the concept, but we don't come out to anyone who we do not deem safe. We tend to be less cautious online than offline, though.

Mixed-origins system. Co-hosts are Parda and Jay.

I'm fairly sure talking about tulpas to them is not a good idea. Them being Christian, I'm not sure how it'll end up. The biggest joke about this is that Amantha has even helped me out in religious matters, and even more commonly so in spiritual ones. I usually end up referring to Amantha as either just a part of me or as a voice inside of my head. Depends on the situation. I'm only open about her around some open-minded people I know well and a few online communities that are already familiar with tulpas.

Michen, host or "main" / Amantha, anthro arctic fox tulpa

I hope you guys forgive me for vanishing when college went down hill. Long story short I am switching to technical school. Anyway my parents knew for a long time. As a matter of fact back in 2008 when I forged Seria I don't think tulpamancy was a thing. I can't remember how they found out. Whether I told them or they found out by snooping. I remember my mother stole my diary of private conversations with my Seria. Took me a really long time to get over it. They eventually grew accustomed to it.

After I moved out of my parents house I did not really tell anyone unless I knew I could trust them. About two years ago when I decided to find out what Tulpas were I decided to call my imaginary realm a wonderland and likewise called my thought forms Tulpas. I also decided on coming out to my friends and family about it. I was sick and tired of being isolated by it all. You can read all about it in my blog series "Imaginative heart. My blog should be linked in my signature. It explains everything from the very beginning to the point where I began to have suicidal thoughts. When I think about it, I owe Tulpa dot info for getting me through those dark moments in my life. I know it sounds crazy but, I am so glad I opened up on Face book because now I know who my true friends are. I am no longer isolated. I am still learning to live with these emotional scars but, I am free.

I told some of my family , but no answer

I keep my tulpa picture on my pc screen but my mother hate it and told me to remove it , but after days I returned back .

You know I'm 41 years old lloooooll :) .

I had my own villa ..but I live with my mother and sister in our home .

My parents are long dead, but I am responding here, as I have told every single person I know. To a person, it has provoked in depth conversations about both the phenomenon and in many cases, philosophy, psychology, spirituality, and identity. Now, it is true that I have a great deal of authority in my community and am highly respected. People do listening to me and take me seriously. I have these conversations because I believe that the phenom. is very interesting, but, and more importantly, a technology that should be studied and considered as a therapeutic available to those who deal with depression, loneliness, and DID.